PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm guessing: Morris has broken collar bone or rib

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: im guessing: morris has broken collar bone or rib

Rodney broke his scapula, this looked like a collarbone (clavicle). I'm pretty sure someone (on another team) broke his collarbone last week and he's out for the year.

If his arm was in an air cast that would suggest it wasn't a broken collarbone.

Incorrect. Peterson came back to play in the Fiesta Bowl.

Thanks for the correction, sorry for the mistake. Forgot about that.

But...He did miss ~11-12 weeks, though, right?

He walked off to the locker room and didn't seem to be in much pain. His arms were swinging down by his side if he broke an arm,or clavicle I don't think he would be moving that freely. I hope its a bruised sternum,or something I had, which was a rib,or ribs were torn from the sternum. Supposidly thats what Maroney had last nov. From what I saw I thought they were palpating his upper stermum,chest area,but they only showed it for a few seconds. Because I'm really hoping its minor thats what I want to believe anyway.

Thanks for the correction, sorry for the mistake. Forgot about that.

But...He did miss ~11-12 weeks, though, right?

He missed probably 8 games, a little over 2 months. There was speculation could have come back a week or 2 earlier, but I think Stoops was being cautious with him because he didn't want to risk anything that might hurt him permanently.

He walked off to the locker room and didn't seem to be in much pain. His arms were swinging down by his side if he broke an arm,or clavicle I don't think he would be moving that freely. I hope its a bruised sternum,or something I had, which was a rib,or ribs were torn from the sternum. Supposidly thats what Maroney had last nov. From what I saw I thought they were palpating his upper stermum,chest area,but they only showed it for a few seconds. Because I'm really hoping its minor thats what I want to believe anyway.

Yea, Maroney had torn rib cartilage. Also, didn't the Patriots characterize the morris injury as a "chest injury"? Does anyone else remember this from the game? I believe that's what the announcers said later in the game.

Last edited:
my uneducated speculation would be a bruised sternum, out 2-3 weeks. Either that or a cracked rib. I don't think it was a clavicle, because he was moving his arms too easily. Also, I thought I saw him taking exaggerated deep breaths with the trainer on the sideline, which would indicate a ckarcked rib or bruised sternum. Or he's just completely fine which would be sweet.

Yea, Maroney had torn rib cartilage. Also, didn't the Patriots characterize the morris injury as a "chest injury"? Does anyone else remember this from the game? I believe that's what the announcers said later in the game.
I just read sammy morris left with a chest injury on Fox sports. I don't remember that being said during the game.

I just read sammy morris left with a chest injury on Fox sports. I don't remember that being said during the game.

Yes, the announcers said they got word Morris was doubtful to return with a "chest injury"

Last edited:
Re: im guessing: morris has broken collar bone or rib

didn't rodney have a collarbone(scapulla?) and took like 8-10 weeks or something like tha to heal?

Scapula is a shoulder blade.

How likely is it he was playing hurt to begin with?

He was pretty ineffective even when he was in. Was that more than just the scheme or the line play?

Last edited:
How likely is it he was playing hurt to begin with?

He was pretty ineffective even when he was in.
Your right, thats a very good observation. He didn't seem like his usuall quick, powerfull self. He looked like he was running in sand,and couldn't move the pile like he normaly does. I thought it was that Dallas was that good. But maybe like you said he was hurt to begin with.

very well could be that he was playing hurt...

How many decent backs are looking for a gig????

Maroney (once healthy)/Faulk will be a fine duo. I'm sure there are others available; Corey's around, but I don't think I want him back.

Hoping Morris is ok, of course, but...

During the Tampa Bay game the announcers mentioned that a couple of teams have been dangling spare RBs to Tampa for a mid-round pick. Mewelde Moore is one name I've heard a lot.

Ah, he's a younger Faulk, complete with the fumble problems a younger Faulk had when carrying the ball through traffic.

Here's a name: LaBrandon Toefield. He's fourth on the Jax depth chart, and hasn't even dressed in a few weeks. Split carries with Domanic Davis at LSU a few years ago, and had a pretty good run as Fred Taylor's backup before Jones and Jones-Drew hit the scene. Tough, powerful runner, available cheap.

Here's a name: LaBrandon Toefield. Tough, powerful runner, available cheap.

Good call. He was a nice commodity not too long ago and then seemed to disappear. I forgot about him.

Does anyone know exactly what injury Morris suffered before we speculate about names to replace him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back