PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm guessing: Morris has broken collar bone or rib

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: im guessing: morris has broken collar bone or rib

As someone else mentioned I'd also think about giving Dillon a call, if this injury to Morris turns out to be serious.

I don't know, Dillon seemed to leave in a cloud of bitterness. I'm not sure he's the kind of guy who'd take kindly to feeling like an afterthought.

Who knows what kind of shape Dillon is in.

BF is probably right. You keep him on the 53 as long as possible and hope more injuries don't pile up with the goal of getting him healthy for the playoffs. Wouldn't shock me to see them sign an RB to the practice squad given Maroney's own injury issues.

Also, Eckel is a FB and a huge dropoff from Morris when it comes to talent.

Also, Eckel is a FB and a huge dropoff from Morris when it comes to talent.

Seriously, I am sure everyone loves this Eckel kid, it's a great story - Navy guy and all that, but that's not really going to cut it on the depth chart if Morris is out for some time, particularly with Maroney banged up.

I know Dillon reportedly wasn't too happy at the end of last season, but I still wouldn't mind seeing if he's interested in the worst case scenario that Morris is out for a while.

Last edited:
Hold your laughs folks, but what would it take to get Tiki Barber out of retirement? I know, I know....lol!

Are there any other good/decent RB's available?

Incidently, I'm surprised someone hasn't said Morris is "made of glass" yet, seems that's been the thing to do any time someone gets injured lately...

Last edited:
i'm going to go and guess that it is NOTHING

I'm going to go ahead and guess I agree with Keegs

Bring back Dillon.

Tampa tried to have him come in to talk to them a few weeks ago and he wasn't interested in even visiting. I realize that the Pats are more attractive and he'd be comfortable in the situation (from a familiarity standpoint), but it sounds like he is committed to hanging it up.

Leave Dillon Alone!!!!

Who knows, Barber may want a Lombardi.... But don't the Giants own his rights?

That blows. And I seriously doubt it's a bruised ANYTHING considering he was STILL on the field after the commercial break. Damn.

Hold your laughs folks, but what would it take to get Tiki Barber out of retirement?

...a promise to get him more teeth

Hold your laughs folks, but what would it take to get Tiki Barber out of retirement? I know, I know....lol!

Are there any other good/decent RB's available?

Incidently, I'm surprised someone hasn't said Morris is "made of glass" yet, seems that's been the thing to do any time someone gets injured lately...
There is another possibility that would explain the area the medical team was palpating and that is an A-C joint separation - aka shoulder separation. The C in that stands for clavicle - or collarbone. A-C joint separations come grades 1, 2 or 3 and the recovery time can be anywhere from 2 weeks and up depending on the severity. I am not a medical person but I have had experience with several injuries to myself including this one - but I don't know if that (or a clavicle fracture) would explain the air cast.

After seeing how quietly giddy he seemed talking on NFLN after the game, this thought crossed my mind, too.

I doubt it is realistic in any way, though.

Corey Dillon Anyone????

He Still Has Not Retired Yet!!!

Wouldn't that mean a break in his arm/shoulder not collarbone? If he has a simular break to Rodney's last year then he can come back before the playoffs, depending on the bones an arm break could allow him to return this season. Don't know man but I'm glad NE's got Maroney who I believe will play next week. As someone else mentioned I'd also think about giving Dillon a call, if this injury to Morris turns out to be serious. Really, it looked to be something that could have been somewhat bad while they were attending to him, and when he got up he didn't move his arm.

Rodney broke his scapula, this looked like a collarbone (clavicle). I'm pretty sure someone (on another team) broke his collarbone last week and he's out for the year.

Tiki's not giving up the TV gig mid-season...

Think My Favorite Martin is still working out?. Want to make all those happy Jet fans go bonkers? Bring C-Mart back for a victory tour. I can dream can't I?

I'm betting the call has already been made. "You've reached the cell phone of Corey Dillon, please leave your name and number..."

I'm pretty sure someone (on another team) broke his collarbone last week and he's out for the year.
Leinart fractured his collar bone. It was said to be 6-8 weeks but they IRed him which he wasn't happy about as he thought he could come back this season.

Another notable season-ending collarbone was A. Peterson, when he was still at OU. In light of other threads around, this led some to be concerned about him being "fragile".:rolleyes:

Another notable season-ending collarbone was A. Peterson, when he was still at OU. In light of other threads around, this led some to be concerned about him being "fragile".:rolleyes:

Incorrect. Peterson came back to play in the Fiesta Bowl.

Who knows, Barber may want a Lombardi.... But don't the Giants own his rights?

Yea, but only for one year, he hates them, and they don't want anything to do with him. What do you think it'd take to get him? Maybe a 3rd? I'd do it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye