PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm guessing: Morris has broken collar bone or rib

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
im guessing one or the other.. when he was down they appeared to be looking at his collar bone..

my guess,.,.

Re: im guessing: morris has broken collar bone or rib

I believe the collarbone may be a season ender, no?

If we go ahead with Maroney, Faulk, Evans and Eckel, so be it.

Please don't guess. It leads to a lot of bad information.

it could be a bruised sternum. The good thing is that if Maroney was that close to playing he'll definately be ready to go next week IMO.

didn't rodney have a collarbone(scapulla?) and took like 8-10 weeks or something like tha to heal?

If it's a collar bone, that means he's done for the year. Same injury Matt Leinart had. If that happens, I expect Seymour is activated early and we finish the season with a Maroney-Faulk-Evans-Eckel combination.

i thought there was a year though that milloy had broken his collarbone and he kept playing.. ?

Please don't guess.
:ditto:

Maybe the OP is correct but what's the point in guessing ?

Collar bone injuries friggin hurt. If they hadn't cut to commercial so friggin quickly when Morris down, I think we'd have a better gauge of the pain induced, and therefore a better idea of the injury. For now, it's all conjecture...

that would be too bad about Sammy. Did Watson come back in?

Bring back Dillon.

Did Watson come back in?
No but he looked like he was walking OK when he went off. Next week isn't a big deal but I would think Watson will be fine in two weeks.

Given that it's the Pats, that's not beyond the realm of possibility.
If Morris is out for a long time (which I doubt), it could happen - supposedly he's in good shape and I wouldn't be surprised if he wouldn't mind being a part of this; he sees what's going on here.

It looked as though they were testing his collar bone before they cut to commercial and that was the first thing I thought he injured when I saw the replay, hopefully it isn't that and it's only a bruised sternum.

WBOS reported that he was seen walking to the team bus with his left arm in an air cast. Often an air cast is used as a temporary holding action for a break before any surgery to affix a broken bone. Glad we have Ek.

WBOS reported that he was seen walking to the team bus with his left arm in an air cast. Often an air cast is used as a temporary holding action for a break before any surgery to affix a broken bone. Glad we have Ek.
Ouch. That could be a tough IR call, a broken bone could easily be healed by playoff time but Belichick is often quick to call it quits on players like that and IR them. With our lack of injuries right now I think he'll carry Morris if he's out for an extended time but could be back later - but if we start to need to pick up injury replacements that could change.

im guessing one or the other.. when he was down they appeared to be looking at his collar bone..

my guess,.,.

hope you're wrong about the collar bone, as that's all she wrote for the season if its broken...this is important as maroney has yet to show that we can depend on him for more than a few games at at time

Hoping Morris is ok, of course, but...

During the Tampa Bay game the announcers mentioned that a couple of teams have been dangling spare RBs to Tampa for a mid-round pick. Mewelde Moore is one name I've heard a lot.

Wouldn't that mean a break in his arm/shoulder not collarbone? If he has a simular break to Rodney's last year then he can come back before the playoffs, depending on the bones an arm break could allow him to return this season. Don't know man but I'm glad NE's got Maroney who I believe will play next week. As someone else mentioned I'd also think about giving Dillon a call, if this injury to Morris turns out to be serious. Really, it looked to be something that could have been somewhat bad while they were attending to him, and when he got up he didn't move his arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes