PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that we all look back on these past two playoff letdowns as speed bumps of some greater good yet to come. I really do hope that.
If you don't stop keeping this thread alive we WILL remember your rant forever! :D

It was an excruciating loss, as improbable as the victory was the week before. I felt queasy, shaky, not ready to go to sleep. Couldn't face patsfans.com yet. So I decided to do some work -- had to really throw myself into it to block out football thoughts. And surprisingly, I made some great progress and had some interesting ideas. It pulled me out of the pit of despair just enough to regain some perspective. And I made myself a little vow:

I was too drunk to work, unfortunately, so I came right on here and pooed the table.

I would come here, read and post -- but NOT about "what went wrong." Only about what went right with the whole strange, unlikely season. Nothing but positives about a team that lost its whole receiving corps fro '05, put all its safeties on ice and still made it to the AFC championship game. A team that by all rights should have been rebuilding but still went 12-4. That has the best QB and the best DL in football, and is heading into the draft with 2 #1 picks. Nothing but thanks for a gritty, determined football team that left everything on the field throughout the playoffs.

Wow, that's an awesome, awesome vow. Bravo! Just reading that Paragraph made me feel better, even in the face of the way the game went yesterday. Awesome.

And I have to say it's working. Focusing on gratitude and ignoring what-ifs, I'm feeling pretty good today. Being a sports fan you face a whole lotta losing...I feel lucky to root for the Patriots.

To quote the Guinness guys: Brilliant!

Thank you.

Just wondering. I live in the Pizzle and work at that store and there are nothing but ******* Dolfans.

I work at Construction Journal in downtown Stuart (the big glass buildings across from the Wendy's just on the south side of the Bridge).

There are plenty of Dolphans in my job though, got ribbed by several.

Them: "How bout them COLTS??"
Me: "How bout them DOLPHINS??"
Them: "Grumble grumble"

No, but you'll always remember the guy that farted at the breakfast table.

And I sorta did that with this post.

So, um, sorry everybody.

So YOU'RE the one!!! I knew it. The table was crowded but i knew!;)

It's the Keystone Light.. It gives yah a very distinct odor the day after.

:eek:

If my maths is correct, you should be nearing home time soon. Then your suffering should dissipate a little. Your post last night will live in the memory though. :D

If my maths is correct, you should be nearing home time soon. Then your suffering should dissipate a little. Your post last night will live in the memory though. :D

Correct you are, very near the quitting hour. And then it's home to have some good food with the Fiance and avoid ESPN at all costs. :)

I'm a patsfan for life, but next season I'll probably just take the emotional level down a notch about it. Or at least attempt to.
I have a relative that got so pissed off at the Red Sox in 1986 that he ended up "missing" 2004. Now, he regrets that. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you are what you are, it is what it is, and all those expressions du jour. I don't think I could change my feeling for my teams or the way I act until dementia or senility set it (hopefully many years out). Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes