PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know that Belichick will be back next year? This was the final season of his contract and I never heard anything of an extension...

think he will retire tommarow?

Does anybody know that Belichick will be back next year? This was the final season of his contract and I never heard anything of an extension...

Sorry thunder but he's signed at least through 2007, and more likely has a handshake agreement for life.

Obviously the guys post was a little bizarre but guys, lets give him the benefit of the doubt. I think he was pissed about the loss that he couldn't articulate himself very well. I mean, think about it, if before the season someone asked you what the worst case scenario for the season to end is, here would be your top 2

A. Having a mediocre/bad season and missing the playoffs
B. Losing to Peyton Manning and him finally getting over the big game hump against you in a game in which you blew a 21-3 lead and your offense couldn't get touchdowns when they needed to and the offense couldn't stop the other team from doing so.

We follow these guys very closely from mid-Aug to now, thats almost a half year and the season is long and we invest a lot of time in following the team. Obviously, we've had some great times and being a Pats fan overall is awesome because of their commitment to winning, but it definitely can make you go a little insane after a loss like this....Losing in the playoffs is no big deal to me, its going to happen 90% of seasons you make the playoffs, however losing to that team and the way we did just sucks...

Call me fair weather call me whatever you will. F*ck you. I'm tired of putting quite the energy into this team that I do. I realize now that my time could have probably been better spent. I'm also an aspiring musician that has put my music completely on hold every ****ing football season, and I'm tired of it.

I'm probably going to get into a huge fight with all the **** talking Dolphins fans at my work tomorrow. Might get fired. Whatever, I don't care.

I'm so upset right now I just wish I could die.

I'm taking a break from this board, patsfans, and from the Patriots in general... until I figure out how to make a loss feel like no big deal then I have no room to ever root for a sports team again.

I swear. I feel like murder.
I feel like death to someone is the only answer. And that's not healthy.

**** you Chargers fans that'll get a kick out of this, you don't know what it feels like since you've never been in this position.

We're all human, we all deserve to feel right, and I don't feel right and that's not healthy. I don't feel healthy. Too much of my life rides on the Patriots.

I'd post this on patsfans to but it's been hacked or whatever again (errors out the ass). Whatever. I need to get my head right and now is not the time.

After the Pats lost to Indy, I vowed not to visit patsfans forum until the draft. However, I cannot help myself. I just felt the need to link up with fellow pats fans who also feel terribly disappointed. I just couldn't bring myself to visit internet nfl sports sites and read the news and columns of the experts. I rather read the views of fellow pats fans. Thank God I am slowly recovering and now looking forward to the next season. Looking back, defeats and disappointments serve a purpose, as it supposedly makes us better persons. If the Pats team and staff and fans learn carefully from the lessons of the loss, they will be much better in the future. Go Pats:rocker:

Call me fair weather call me whatever you will. F*ck you. I'm tired of putting quite the energy into this team that I do. I realize now that my time could have probably been better spent. I'm also an aspiring musician that has put my music completely on hold every ****ing football season, and I'm tired of it.

I'm probably going to get into a huge fight with all the **** talking Dolphins fans at my work tomorrow. Might get fired. Whatever, I don't care.

I'm taking a break from this board, patsfans, and from the Patriots in general... until I figure out how to make a loss feel like no big deal then I have no room to ever root for a sports team again.

**** you Chargers fans that'll get a kick out of this, you don't know what it feels like since you've never been in this position.

We're all human, we all deserve to feel right, and I don't feel right and that's not healthy. I don't feel healthy. Too much of my life rides on the Patriots.

I'd post this on patsfans to but it's been hacked or whatever again (errors out the ass). Whatever. I need to get my head right and now is not the time.

Dude, let it out!

And then come back.

I have felt how you feel right now about the Sox, the Pats, the Celtics...

It's one reaction.

As far as the Dolphin fans at work, I will be dealing with the same stuff today (I work in Deerfield Beach, FL!) and here's what I'm gonna tell them:

"The Fish are not even in our league. We win the division every year. We go deep into the playoffs. We have a Hall of Fame Coach and QB. We win championships and have a team with character. Our organization is stable. While your owner flew around the country searching for a coach, our owner prepared his jet for a trip to the AFC championship game. No offense, but when your team learns to compete a little, then we'll talk."

Brownfan, you're one of the best on this board, whether we always agree or not.

Take a few weeks off, get your frustrations out and report back here in March to start talking NFL Draft!

See ya,
ADPF

Last edited:
Really-just flash three fingers at the Fish fans if they start mouthing off.

I understand Brown's reaction. I was strangely calm right after the game -turning the TV off immediately after Brady's interception probably helped as did finishing my laundry, etc. However, the depression hit soon after. No, I'm not suicidal and I understand that teams lose but it's much worse when your team kills itself, two years in a row, when it had a chance to make history. And like Brown, I'm just tired of investing so much of myself. I'm still a Pats fan, and will still support the team, but I'm done with following every single story, etc. etc. It's too draining for me. It's might not be for other people but it is for me.

I am devastated that the team I care so much has to live with the defeat more then anything else. They put everything they had out there, I mean we were playing our 7th Safety at one point. I love this team more today then ever before and simply must tip my cap to Peyton and the Colts

The morning after: Sorry about the crapstorm. I had way too much to drink.

I'll be around.

Worst post of the year? I've seen worse, but hey, it's only January! That post was what I needed as an outlet last night, and yeah it was a knee jerk emotional reaction, but that's what too much drinking will do to you when your favorite team allows 32 second half points to a team that you utterly detest. Ah well.

I'll be around.

Worst post of the year? I've seen worse, but hey, it's only January! That post was what I needed as an outlet last night, and yeah it was a knee jerk emotional reaction, but that's what too much drinking will do to you when your favorite team allows 32 second half points to a team that you utterly detest. Ah well.

wellcome back - it was a very hard day for all of us

this was a devastating loss

but...life continue and our Pats too

Exactly.

I felt the same as Brownfan for about 10 minutes after the INT, but then reality hits you - we don't have a devine right to win everything and we did a a pretty damn good job this season when you think about it. This team has problems (and we still should've won) but who else would you rather have to fix them than BB and Pioli?

It took a little longer for reality to hit me, but it finally did at some point. That's what the haze of way too many beers will do to you.

It's not a dumb thread; BrownsFan is just expressing his feelings, which are what they are. Feelings don't necessarily make sense, and I'm sure he'll feel differently after a few hours or days to decompress and reflect.

I'm still going to take some time to decompress and reflect, but the rage/depression/drunken fatalism is over now.

Dont break your ankle jumping off the bandwagon.

For the record, I'm not a bandwagon fan. But I am stepping back a bit, as the one thing from my originating post that I still agree with after sobering up is that I need to put less emotional energy into something that's just a game.

Yikes. At least you realize you have a problem (which is better than many rabid fans).

You should get a good night's rest, Brownfan. You'll feel better in the morning. Needless to say, I understand how you feel, but you'll be back posting, I know it. :)

Thanks Bellachick, the nights rest did help. The hangover sucks, but them's the breaks. And I haven't even had to punch anyone out yet at work! Hooray!

Yikes. At least you realize you have a problem (which is better than many rabid fans).

Yeah, that's the one true part that carries over to today after the beer has worn off.

Well, at least it's not a drug problem.

Hey, Brownfan, I've seen your posts over the months and enjoyed them. Yeah this one looks like... what can I say... yeah, the best term is you've lost perspective. But great posts in the past, and looking forward to good posts when you return.

Do what you need to do, all the best on the music track (which might really be where your head needs to be right now.)

PFnV

Thanks PFnV, yeah I'm going to work more on my music during the offseason instead of tracking every Patriots move for the six or whatever months off. Going to see how I feel about everything come next August.

I'll be around.

Thank God Bud..Your among the Best and Most respected posters on this Board.I for one,would have greatly missed your posts..Plus,We need you to start the "BRING BACK TROY" Bandwagon...God Dang I hope Bingo comes back for another year....

Thank God Bud..Your among the Best and Most respected posters on this Board.I for one,would have greatly missed your posts..Plus,We need you to start the "BRING BACK TROY" Bandwagon...God Dang I hope Bingo comes back for another year....

His big play on fourth down and game saving forced fumble from SD will be the main positive things that I remember about this season. If Troy hangs them up it'll be a sad day for the Patriots franchise.

But it'll be better than him playing for another franchise.

Thanks P4E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey