PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownfan80

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Call me fair weather call me whatever you will. F*ck you. I'm tired of putting quite the energy into this team that I do. I realize now that my time could have probably been better spent. I'm also an aspiring musician that has put my music completely on hold every ****ing football season, and I'm tired of it.

I'm probably going to get into a huge fight with all the **** talking Dolphins fans at my work tomorrow. Might get fired. Whatever, I don't care.

I'm so upset right now I just wish I could die.

I'm taking a break from this board, patsfans, and from the Patriots in general... until I figure out how to make a loss feel like no big deal then I have no room to ever root for a sports team again.

I swear. I feel like murder.
I feel like death to someone is the only answer. And that's not healthy.

**** you Chargers fans that'll get a kick out of this, you don't know what it feels like since you've never been in this position.

We're all human, we all deserve to feel right, and I don't feel right and that's not healthy. I don't feel healthy. Too much of my life rides on the Patriots.

I'd post this on patsfans to but it's been hacked or whatever again (errors out the ass). Whatever. I need to get my head right and now is not the time.

Uh, you need some serious help.

It's just a game, dude.

Not the outcome we were looking for, but life goes on. They had a good season, and will be back next year.

Join the club bro. This has been the most ridiculous year of my life. Not a single good thing has happened, and if you care to doubt me, I'll give you the full story.

And it's only going to get worse having to hear about the goddamn 2 black coaches crap.

Being a fan, you should know that winning is not going to happen all the time. Being a fan is about the ups and downs that the team and the fans feel. We share the good and the bad together.

Does anyone remember the stretch between 1998 and 2001 when Boston didnt have one team play a single playoff game? Or the Championship drought the city had from 1986 to 2001?

Lets have perspective.

With all the joy this team has given everybody the last 6 years this is a stupid thread. No offense but even this year they did better than I ever thought at times.

The finality of it is hard. But the others are correct. Not winning puts the victories into perspective. I guess the question to ask yourself is are you a fan because you like the team or because they win? Personally, I think we had a hell of a season when you consider the WR situation, losing Wilson and Rodney, not to mention the other DB's and Seau. It will take me a few days to get over it but then it's on to the draft.

Bizarro post, I have to say.

Props to the Patriots who brought it all day til they collapsed.

Bigger props to Indy who were clutch when it mattered - they played a great game today.

It hurt but that was an awesome game today.

Patriots til I die.

NM

Does anyone remember the stretch between 1998 and 2001 when Boston didnt have one team play a single playoff game? Or the Championship drought the city had from 1986 to 2001?

Lets have perspective.

Exactly.

I felt the same as Brownfan for about 10 minutes after the INT, but then reality hits you - we don't have a devine right to win everything and we did a a pretty damn good job this season when you think about it. This team has problems (and we still should've won) but who else would you rather have to fix them than BB and Pioli?

What a dumb thread ... anyone who trash talks junk all the time really is no fan ... they use the team for their own glory.

The guys gave their best .. it wasn't enough ... so what.

I've said before if we never win another SB I'm okay with that.

We have no monopoly on coaches or players .. some people just don't get that.

It's just a game ... I loved it when we sucked and I love it now.

Call me fair weather call me whatever you will. F*ck you. I'm tired of putting quite the energy into this team that I do. I realize now that my time could have probably been better spent. I'm also an aspiring musician that has put my music completely on hold every ****ing football season, and I'm tired of it.

I'm probably going to get into a huge fight with all the **** talking Dolphins fans at my work tomorrow. Might get fired. Whatever, I don't care.

I'm taking a break from this board, patsfans, and from the Patriots in general... until I figure out how to make a loss feel like no big deal then I have no room to ever root for a sports team again.

**** you Chargers fans that'll get a kick out of this, you don't know what it feels like since you've never been in this position.

We're all human, we all deserve to feel right, and I don't feel right and that's not healthy. I don't feel healthy. Too much of my life rides on the Patriots.

I'd post this on patsfans to but it's been hacked or whatever again (errors out the ass). Whatever. I need to get my head right and now is not the time.

Dude, you need to chill the F out. If you are a follower of a pro football team, you better get used to losing some of the time. Us Patriot fans have been very fortunate over the last several years in that we have experienced less losing. However, no matter our level of competence, we will experience loss. It cannot be avoided. Ask Indy, Ask Pitt, Ask Denver, Ask Seattle etc etc. You aren't experiencing anything they didn't. And let me go ahead and save you the suspense, this won't be the last time the Patriots lose. It's a fact of life. Now, am I bummed right now? Absolutely. Being on the losing side sucks. The fact that we have enjoyed so much success makes it easier, at least to me, to say not only 'well lets see what next year brings' but to also say 'congratulations Indy - you deserved it'. Perspective my friend! Wanting the Patriots to win badly is what makes it entertaining to watch. if you don't care then the value of the entertainment is low. That said, the sun rises tomorrow, work, bills blah blah blah are all still there. SO before you go ranting like this in the heat of the moment, i suggest a little cool down time. Hey! The patriots have 2 first round draft choices and plenty of cap dough available. After a day or two I will look forward to what the plans of the Patriots are for next year.

Last thing to think about, the patriots gave great entertainment to its fans this year. We made it pretty far. Maybe in a day or two you can come to appreciate that. Also, what would you have been doing with your other viewing time? Watching Ugly Betty and reruns of Gilligan's Island??? I suspect a lot more Patriot losses would still be head shoulders above that.....

It's not a dumb thread; BrownsFan is just expressing his feelings, which are what they are. Feelings don't necessarily make sense, and I'm sure he'll feel differently after a few hours or days to decompress and reflect.

Any chance that you work at Jay's Supreme Pizza in Jensen Beach?

Our team won 3 SB since 2001, they have won their devision, went to the playoffs every single year since 2002, they lost today in the AFC championship game to a better team, on the road, after another miraculous road win last week......and still , the organization is in capable hands, we have the best coach in the league, the best general manager, and the one of the best QB of his generation....we have a great draft position, and a good salary cap situation..

and you want to quit on them???

please..don't let the door hit you on your way out.

It's been an intense 2 weeks,a roller coaster season,too.
Take a step back and regroup.
I hope you return soon,your posts are among the best.
Feel better,BFan.

We are the team of the decade, and one of the best in history. Most of us didn't expect us to get this far this year, certainly not after losing Seau, Wilson and Harrison. Today we had Baker playing safety against Manning.

Most of us homers predicted us to win a close one. We made fun of the 70% of the rest of country who weren't patriot homers.

And yes everyone has the right to their feelings. Many will not be able to celebrate the great patriot season for a couple of weeks or months. Some who hate Manning and the colts will find it even harder.

Last edited:

Relax, let it out. This team is gonna be fine. You are one of our most valuable posters here. BTW, you did post this on patsfans. Step away from the ledge. Put down that steak knife and remember, last year was supposed to be our big third year to run at it. This and next seasons are for re-tooling. We did pretty damn good considering we went with all new WR's, a rookie RB, an injured rookie RT, and far too numerous injuries on D. This offseason we address the back 7 of our D. I've followed this team through far worse times than getting to our 4th AFCCG in 6 years. Way before internet. Or PC's. Or touch tone phones and cable tv. This hurts, but compared to almost watching this team go to St. Louis wearing blue and yellow? This is good times!

Dont break your ankle jumping off the bandwagon.

i vote this the worst post of all time

You should get a good night's rest, Brownfan. You'll feel better in the morning. Needless to say, I understand how you feel, but you'll be back posting, I know it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye