PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm going to the game in Detroit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBeliever

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Hoo-ha. You may recall that I was a mite peeved back when the schedule came out and it was revealed that the Patriots would play on Thanksgiving for their game at Detroit. This was because the last few years my brother and his wife have come over here for Thanksgiving since they had to work during Christmas/New Year's. (They are both doctors doing their residencies.) Then I found out that this year they don't have to work either holiday so they would be staying in Michigan for Thanksgiving and coming here for Christmas. However, I thought it would be gauche to ask if I could come over to go to the Pats game... but then last week I was talking to Bro and when I brought it up, he invited me to do just that!

It was uncertain for a few days... I had to make sure I could get off work for one, and then there was the whole question of whether I should spend the $$, since the wife and I are looking at bearing offspring, which I'm led to understand can put a bit of a dent in your finances.

But the more I thought about it, the more I liked it. I get to see the Pats, which I haven't done since 2007; they're playing the Lions, so odds are they'll win; I don't have to pay for a hotel or even the game ticket; I don't have to worry about driving in an unfamiliar city looking for a parking space; all I have to worry about is the gas to get there and back. Plus I get to see my year-and-a-half-old niece. ;) Plus I haven't had more than a couple days off at a time in almost three years, so I think I've earned it. :cool:

Also it should be fun to see the throwback unis. The last time I saw the Pats wear those was in 1986, when they weren't even throwbacks yet.

Now I just hope the Lions fans don't lynch me. :eek: I went to a Lions home game against the Packers (in 1998, when I was still somewhat of a Packers fan) and boy were those people a-holes.

I'm hoping to grab to some second-hand tickets and go as well. See ya there, I guess. lol!

Hoo-ha. You may recall that I was a mite peeved back when the schedule came out and it was revealed that the Patriots would play on Thanksgiving for their game at Detroit. This was because the last few years my brother and his wife have come over here for Thanksgiving since they had to work during Christmas/New Year's. (They are both doctors doing their residencies.) Then I found out that this year they don't have to work either holiday so they would be staying in Michigan for Thanksgiving and coming here for Christmas. However, I thought it would be gauche to ask if I could come over to go to the Pats game... but then last week I was talking to Bro and when I brought it up, he invited me to do just that!

It was uncertain for a few days... I had to make sure I could get off work for one, and then there was the whole question of whether I should spend the $$, since the wife and I are looking at bearing offspring, which I'm led to understand can put a bit of a dent in your finances.

But the more I thought about it, the more I liked it. I get to see the Pats, which I haven't done since 2007; they're playing the Lions, so odds are they'll win; I don't have to pay for a hotel or even the game ticket; I don't have to worry about driving in an unfamiliar city looking for a parking space; all I have to worry about is the gas to get there and back. Plus I get to see my year-and-a-half-old niece. ;) Plus I haven't had more than a couple days off at a time in almost three years, so I think I've earned it. :cool:

Also it should be fun to see the throwback unis. The last time I saw the Pats wear those was in 1986, when they weren't even throwbacks yet.

Now I just hope the Lions fans don't lynch me. :eek: I went to a Lions home game against the Packers (in 1998, when I was still somewhat of a Packers fan) and boy were those people a-holes.

Outstanding luck sir! Have fun!!! Also, I would guess in 98 the fans were a-holes to you because, well, you wore cheese on your head :p

Awesome. Go for it! We went to the Donks game here in Denver for Thanksgiving last year. We even had turkey and all the fixings in the parking lot before the game. These opportunities only come up every so often. Have fun!

Nice dude, have a good time. With stafford out it should be a good game....for pats fans :p

great ! we wait yr report please !

Awesome way to spend the holiday! I hear the stadium there is pretty nice. As someone else said, please report back, including what kind of Pats fans presence there is at the game. Go Pats!!

Patriots Tailgate has a morning meet up for Pats fans planned for Eastern Market. Join the Yahoo Group for more info.

Last edited:

I'll be there too! So a few us will be making noise! But I've found Detroiters to be generally good folks.

Just don't wear a Matt Millen mask. Otherwise, they'll show you what "Motor City Madness" is all about!! :bricks: :bricks: :bricks:

I can't wait for this game!!!! I live in Metro Detroit and am taking my 5-year-old son to his first NFL game. We both have our Brady throwback jerseys and I got him a Pats #1 foam finger. lower level row 14 on the 40yd line behind the Pats bench. Thanks for the info on the Pats tailgate...we'll make it a point to come by.

Last edited:
I'm going to the game in Detroit!

Al_Bundy_excited.gif

Looks like a few others will be going to the game in Detroit too.

Lions sell out Thanksgiving Day meeting with Patriots | National Football Post

The young Detroit Lions aren’t making strides in the win-loss column like they had hoped to do midway through Jim Schwartz’s second season with the franchise, but they are providing the fan base with some level of hope even if quarterback Matthew Stafford remains out indefinitely with his latest injury.

That hope manifested itself in a sellout of the team’s Thanksgiving Day game next Thursday against the New England Patriots, lifting a potential local television blackout on the holiday. According to Tom “Killer” Kowalski of MLive.com, it is the earliest sellout of the annual holiday game for the Lions since 2007. CBS will carry the game, which begins at 12:30 p.m. ET.

It will be the first opportunity for the Lions to showcase rookie defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh on a national stage. He’s been impressive and that will make the game – as lopsided as it could be – worth watching from the Detroit perspective.

Well now the trip is off. My idiot brother, I TOLD him last week I wasn't seeing tickets for less than $100 each online, but oh no he wasn't worried about it, then last night he went and looked online and guess what, the absolute lowest price he could find was $118. He offered to pay for his own ticket if I paid for mine, but we both agreed we didn't want to pay that much for nosebleed seats. We did find a couple lower level seats for $140 each, but by the time you add on all the service fees and carp it was $175 each, and I just can't justify it. Maybe if it was against the Dolts or somebody good, but the Lions? Without Stafford? This is just getting ridiculous. Even the Packer game there next month, you can get tickets for $50.

On top of it, he said a couple things that hinted he didn't really want to do this anyway. Me, I'm the type of guy that would go with him to a Packer game just for fun. I guess he doesn't see things the way I do.

So I'm still going to take next week off, don't know what I'm going to do. :bricks:

Well now the trip is off. My idiot brother, I TOLD him last week I wasn't seeing tickets for less than $100 each online, but oh no he wasn't worried about it, then last night he went and looked online and guess what, the absolute lowest price he could find was $118. He offered to pay for his own ticket if I paid for mine, but we both agreed we didn't want to pay that much for nosebleed seats. We did find a couple lower level seats for $140 each, but by the time you add on all the service fees and carp it was $175 each, and I just can't justify it. Maybe if it was against the Dolts or somebody good, but the Lions? Without Stafford? This is just getting ridiculous. Even the Packer game there next month, you can get tickets for $50.

On top of it, he said a couple things that hinted he didn't really want to do this anyway. Me, I'm the type of guy that would go with him to a Packer game just for fun. I guess he doesn't see things the way I do.

So I'm still going to take next week off, don't know what I'm going to do. :bricks:

That is a bummer. What is the scalping situation in Detroit? When we went to an Indy playoff game years ago there were tons of scalpers outside the game right before kickoff selling for less than face value. You never see that in Foxboro, though, because scalping isn't legal there.

Hope you have a good Thanksgiving anyway!

Looks like a few others will be going to the game in Detroit too.

Lions sell out Thanksgiving Day meeting with Patriots | National Football Post

What burns me is that all these places are saying, "Oh, the Lions are getting popular again - look how they've sold out for Thanksgiving!" No attributing the sell out to the fact that perhaps a few NFL fans want to see Tom Brady and the Pats play live on Thanksgiving? No props to Pats fans who are traveling to support their team? GRRRRR...

boooooooooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey