PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm glad we did not trade for Kris Jenkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackPMiller

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
There was a rumor my Rams were supposed to trade for Kris Jenkins, but I am glad we did not. I wonder if Belicheck could have someone play at that size?

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/05/09/carolina-panthers-kris-jenkins-nfls-fattest-man/

Carolina Panthers' Kris Jenkins: NFL's Fattest Man?
Posted May 9th 2007 10:10AM by Michael David Smith

According to Pro Football Talk, Carolina Panthers defensive tackle Kris Jenkins showed up to the team's recent minicamp weighing 384 pounds. The NFL lists Jenkins at 335, so he was already one of the league's biggest players, but if he's truly 384, he might just be the fattest man in the league.

Offensive tackle Aaron Gibson was listed at 410 when he played for the Cowboys, and he's still the only player in league history to have a listed weight above four bills. Gibson has eaten himself out of the league, though. A couple of other offensive linemen, Mike Williams and Chris Dishman, have been listed at 375, and they've eaten themselves out of the league, too.

Among active players, Ted Washington is probably the fattest. He's listed at 365 but almost certainly weighs more than that. But does he weigh 20 pounds more than that, enough to top Jenkins? I think the NFL ought to have a televised weigh-in among its biggest players. It's the league's slow season, and that's something fans would tune in to see.

Last edited:
There was a rumor my Rams were supposed to trade for Kris Jenkins, but I am glad we did not. I wonder if Belicheck could have someone play at that size?

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/05/09/carolina-panthers-kris-jenkins-nfls-fattest-man/

According to Pro Football Talk, Carolina Panthers defensive tackle Kris Jenkins showed up to the team's recent minicamp weighing 384 pounds. The NFL lists Jenkins at 335, so he was already one of the league's biggest players, but if he's truly 384, he might just be the fattest man in the league.

Offensive tackle Aaron Gibson was listed at 410 when he played for the Cowboys, and he's still the only player in league history to have a listed weight above four bills. Gibson has eaten himself out of the league, though. A couple of other offensive linemen, Mike Williams and Chris Dishman, have been listed at 375, and they've eaten themselves out of the league, too.

Among active players, Ted Washington is probably the fattest. He's listed at 365 but almost certainly weighs more than that. But does he weigh 20 pounds more than that, enough to top Jenkins? I think the NFL ought to have a televised weigh-in among its biggest players. It's the league's slow season, and that's something fans would tune in to see.

Honestly when you are that big you can drop 40 pounds faster than someone who weighs 200-250lbs, especially when you are a professional athlete. A lot of these guy's come in huge after the offseason and drop pounds during training camp, and the preseason. Also, a lot of guy's are heavier than their listed weight, especially this time of year.

Now, that all being said it makes me question his commitment if he's not trying to stay in shape during the offseason.

Ted Washington is listed as a conservative 365 lbs. betcha his real weight is about 20 lbs heavier. WIlfork is listed @ 325 lbs. but he also looks heavier.

That weight is ridiculous. That is really dangerous.

Your Rams did alright in the draft, I really like their first day.
1 13 Carriker, Adam DE 6-6 292 Nebraska
2 52 Leonard, Brian FB 6-1 238 Rutgers
3 84 Wade, Jonathan CB 5-10 192 Tennessee
5 139 Fry, Dustin C 6-2 326 Clemson
5 154 Ryan, Clifton DT 6-3 310 Michigan State
6 190 Shackleford, Ken OT 6-5 322 Georgia
7 248 Jackson, Keith DT 6-0 305 Arkansas
7 249 Stanley, Derek WR 5-10 175 Wisconsin-Whitewater

A couple roadgraders and run stuffers on day two...Stanley is an interesting pick-up with some real speed and good production at the lower level, it will be interesting to see if he can make the transition.

If the 385 is true, my money's on Ted. He's undoubtedly flirted with 4 bills during his career and maybe was over at times.

Your Rams did alright in the draft, I really like their first day.
1 13 Carriker, Adam DE 6-6 292 Nebraska
2 52 Leonard, Brian FB 6-1 238 Rutgers
3 84 Wade, Jonathan CB 5-10 192 Tennessee
5 139 Fry, Dustin C 6-2 326 Clemson
5 154 Ryan, Clifton DT 6-3 310 Michigan State
6 190 Shackleford, Ken OT 6-5 322 Georgia
7 248 Jackson, Keith DT 6-0 305 Arkansas
7 249 Stanley, Derek WR 5-10 175 Wisconsin-Whitewater

A couple roadgraders and run stuffers on day two...Stanley is an interesting pick-up with some real speed and good production at the lower level, it will be interesting to see if he can make the transition.

I'm upset with the Leonard pick. With Tim Crowder still on the board, I would have went that direction, since the Rams talked about moving Carricker inside at DT. Keith Jackson is a guy to keep an eye on. Also, we signed Alton Pettway on the day after the draft. He is one of those guys who was not drafted that may have a chance of making our roster, since the SAM(or Strongside LB) position is a weakpoint for us, and I would like him to be our future SAM. Also, if Spoon tails off like he did in the 2nd half of lastyear, the Mike(or MLB position) could be a concern as well.

Rumor had it that Jenkins was working out in seclusion in Maryland recently. Doesn't sound like he worked real hard, or maybe he was pushing 425 when he started:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes