PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm disgusted to be a Patriots fan today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob...respect your point. However, after an ugly loss like this where the QB throws 4 picks, the secondary is getting torched, NO ONE on the defense can even tackle, can't stop the run.......and shoot themselves in the foot over and over with dumb penalties and coaching blunders....you might find some fans that get a little fired up over all that. Now the one's who come out with the "well the season is over"...or "i think the game has passed Belichick by" etc....that is annoying. Today was ugly...up 21-0 at one point. Don't mind losing a hard fought game ...but to lose like they did today is a tougher pill to swallow...

Not because of anything the Pats did, but how pathetic people on this board are acting. When did we become Red Sox fans who aren't happy unless they are miserable and complaining about their team? In fact, the Red Sox fans aren't even that bad anymore.

I can't even believe that there is no originality in the biatching either. Seriously, after one loss, the "the game passed Belichick by" threads come out?

I can't believe it, but I really think that there are a segment of the fans here who want the Pats to lose because they are so miserable that they want to be able to biatch about Bill O'Brien, Devin McCourty, and Chad Ochocinco. It is like their lives aren't fulfilled unless they can complain.

The fact of the matter is the Pats lost to a good team in the division. There are definitely a lot of things that need to be fixed on this team, but you can say that about just about every team in the league. Even the undefeated teams have shown some big flaws. Getting healthy and gelling as a team will fix a lot of the problems. People need to get off the ledge and think rationally.

tons of red sox fans are jumpin off the tobin......damn ...fenway is filled with tons of pink hats...

I have had enough. I'm done with this team. First thing Monday I am going to buy myself a crisp Bills cap.

Not because of anything the Pats did, but how pathetic people on this board are acting. When did we become Red Sox fans who aren't happy unless they are miserable and complaining about their team? In fact, the Red Sox fans aren't even that bad anymore.

I can't even believe that there is no originality in the biatching either. Seriously, after one loss, the "the game passed Belichick by" threads come out?

I can't believe it, but I really think that there are a segment of the fans here who want the Pats to lose because they are so miserable that they want to be able to biatch about Bill O'Brien, Devin McCourty, and Chad Ochocinco. It is like their lives aren't fulfilled unless they can complain.

The fact of the matter is the Pats lost to a good team in the division. There are definitely a lot of things that need to be fixed on this team, but you can say that about just about every team in the league. Even the undefeated teams have shown some big flaws. Getting healthy and gelling as a team will fix a lot of the problems. People need to get off the ledge and think rationally.

Bill O'Brian, DMc, and Ocho all deserve to be *****ed at.

Of course. And, when we lose like this, it brings some of us (not sure how some of you can be so myopic) back to the last 2 playoff losses (and most regular season losses) - if Brady is not firing on all cylinders the team has little to no chance of winning. The defense has not been able to make key stops for a long time. I, for one, more enjoyed the Patriots of Seymour, Law, Bruschi... with Brady being more of a game manager. Now I know the league fu---- up the rules and we went the high powered offense route, but watching this defense the past 5 years or so has been little fun.

While I certainly don't like the Brady picks, especially forcing it when at that point he shouldve been conservative as we had the lead. That said, I liked his fire and the fact that he didn't sit on the bench dejected.

Emotional is fine. Irrational is not.

No doubt. And of course there are some trolls and all of the Belichick or Brady Sucks stuff is foolish. But this is a tiny little place in the world where we can rejoice or vent about the Pats because nothing here is more important to that. Today sucked so I'm surprised about a little flipping out.

Not to mention that this loss brought back some painful reminders of years past and some guys like me are anxious because Brady ain't getting any younger.

So people will obsess and go nuts and calm down and go nuts again. It will always be the same. Who cares? Ban the trolls, ignore the hyperbole, and enjoy the usually-good Pats talk.

While I certainly don't like the Brady picks, especially forcing it when at that point he shouldve been conservative as we had the lead. That said, I liked his fire and the fact that he didn't sit on the bench dejected.

I wasn't dumping on Brady. Quarterbacks have bad games.

how do we win bowl if we can't beat the bills.

The overreaction is ridiculous from both sides. FFS its a message board, why are you letting somebodies irrational thoughts get you so worked up?

The overreaction is ridiculous from both sides. FFS its a message board, why are you letting somebodies irrational thoughts get you so worked up?

Why do you think people are worked up? It's worth noting that it detracts from the place at times (i.e. the gamethreads).

It's more annoying than anything else.

Yep. Lose to Detroit in the preseason and the team is going to suck all year. Beat Miami in week 1 and they are going 19-0. Lose to the Bills 13 days later and they are missing the playoffs.

ah... the proverbial roller-coaster ride that is perusing the boards here.

:D

I was actually at the game.............. Watched the collapse live. Traditionally, after bad losses, I'm ussually unconsolable and anti-social for 2-3 days in a row.

I'm disappointed in the loss and this defense is really weak right now, but I'm not gonna be as bad as usual because watching the game live, I saw some things and have a different perspective of the game they watch was probably shown on TV.

1) This ain't your typical Bills team. I've seen every Pats @ Bills game for the last 5 years. This team is different. Their teams in the past woulda quit down 21 points. This team lost to a good football team. It's sucks, but it's beats the "aw sh!t" loss to Cleveland or some other crappy team we have no business lossing to.

2) The officials handed this game to Buffalo. The calls were terrible. Both sides actually, but the Pats got the crap end of the stick at really inopportune times. I'm not a blame the refs kinda guy, but watching it live......... they totally impacted this game in the favor of the Bills.

3) Even in the loss, I was able to see some good things about some of our rooks. Ridley is going to be great and Solder is a beast. They really out-played our veterans there today.

On the not so good side.

1) I've been an ardant supporter, but Ocho ain't getting it. It's getting close to time to fold up the tents on that project.

2) Our D line was pretty bad today. Ryan had "brady-like" time to throw and our DB's are not nearly as good as we think.

3) That was the wackiest last 3 minutes of a game I've evern seen. I have to watch it on TV to even figure out WTF happened.

In the end, this team will be a good one, but there is a good deal of work to go to. I'm not gonna cry to hard on this loss because I watched it happened (sounds weird to say, but it's true). It was the Bills day, every ball bounced there way after 8 years of having it bounce ours.

Sleep on it guys............ You'll feel better in the morning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back