PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm disgusted to be a Patriots fan today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the general premise of this post, in that there is a large number of Boston fans who are miserable and only come out when they can complain. This is why guys like Shaughnessy and Felger have jobs. However today's game was nauseating, no excuse for losing that game up 21-0. All Brady had to do was not force that ball to Gronkowski and we win, couldnt do that I guess. Hope he learned something.

People have different opinions and emotions. Should we all be the same? That sounds pretty boring to me. Let's try and respect one another. Vive la difference.

I know alot of fans...look and feel ..disgusted about the loss as we are spoiled to expect to win every week....but the way I look at it ....it could be a turning point. sometimes ..you need a something traumatic/ a good smack to wake you up and get you to where you want to go. This is only the 3rd game...so I am not worried. There is plenty of time to get it right. I am sure BB will....show them the right door ....:deadhorse::deadhorse: so stop smacking a dead horse .....

So many F'ing trolls on this forum now..it's unreal. Benddontbreak being the major one

Bunch of guys who call us SB champs when we win....season is lost and we suck when we lose...

Yep. Lose to Detroit in the preseason and the team is going to suck all year. Beat Miami in week 1 and they are going 19-0. Lose to the Bills 13 days later and they are missing the playoffs.

The way they lost today was disgusting. I think people have the right to feel emotional about it.

Yep. Lose to Detroit in the preseason and the team is going to suck all year. Beat Miami in week 1 and they are going 19-0. Lose to the Bills 13 days later and they are missing the playoffs.

Exactly!

Bipolar fans for sure. IT happens people. They can't win them all. They aren't invincible.

The way they lost today was disgusting. I think people have the right to feel emotional about it.

Agreed, the game is emotional for fans and players alike. Its better to gripe here than to go out and drop kick bunny rabbits.......or something.

I've calmed a little, but I think there is extra frustration here because this wasn't a blow out straight loss. The Pats were up 21-0 and then melted down with blown assignments and mistakes.

I'm sad and I'm the hughest ass ---- in the game live, but I trust BB and I ll always support this team

Not because of anything the Pats did, but how pathetic people on this board are acting. When did we become Red Sox fans who aren't happy unless they are miserable and complaining about their team? In fact, the Red Sox fans aren't even that bad anymore.

I can't even believe that there is no originality in the biatching either. Seriously, after one loss, the "the game passed Belichick by" threads come out?

I can't believe it, but I really think that there are a segment of the fans here who want the Pats to lose because they are so miserable that they want to be able to biatch about Bill O'Brien, Devin McCourty, and Chad Ochocinco. It is like their lives aren't fulfilled unless they can complain.

The fact of the matter is the Pats lost to a good team in the division. There are definitely a lot of things that need to be fixed on this team, but you can say that about just about every team in the league. Even the undefeated teams have shown some big flaws. Getting healthy and gelling as a team will fix a lot of the problems. People need to get off the ledge and think rationally.

Im feelin' your pain, rob. These are indeed sad and strange times. But youve gotta know youre talking about alot of heartless and gutless punks that frankly arent worth getting too heated over. Its all good. There will be other days. And this team will indeed win again. Imagine that.

There is no good way to lose....losing sucks.

But Rob is 100% right......disgusting is the way some of these so called "fans" simply trash this team, coach and everything else Patriot after a loss.

I am as emotional as the next guy - but - it's only game three....long way to go people.

Not because of anything the Pats did, but how pathetic people on this board are acting. When did we become Red Sox fans who aren't happy unless they are miserable and complaining about their team? In fact, the Red Sox fans aren't even that bad anymore.

I can't even believe that there is no originality in the biatching either. Seriously, after one loss, the "the game passed Belichick by" threads come out?

I can't believe it, but I really think that there are a segment of the fans here who want the Pats to lose because they are so miserable that they want to be able to biatch about Bill O'Brien, Devin McCourty, and Chad Ochocinco. It is like their lives aren't fulfilled unless they can complain.

The fact of the matter is the Pats lost to a good team in the division. There are definitely a lot of things that need to be fixed on this team, but you can say that about just about every team in the league. Even the undefeated teams have shown some big flaws. Getting healthy and gelling as a team will fix a lot of the problems. People need to get off the ledge and think rationally.

Nobody wants the team to lose but you can't expect the fans to not complain when the team loses a game they were comfortably winning. If it was a game that we just lost despite our best effort, people would say well played but tough luck. Today's game deserves much flak.

It's funny because we're a couple fluke bounces away from being 3-0 right now with wins over a SD team which usually is a contender and an emerging Buffalo team. And some people are acting like we're looking at a top 10 pick or something lol

But you've got to be used to it by now Rob you've been here long enough.

Of course. And, when we lose like this, it brings some of us (not sure how some of you can be so myopic) back to the last 2 playoff losses (and most regular season losses) - if Brady is not firing on all cylinders the team has little to no chance of winning. The defense has not been able to make key stops for a long time. I, for one, more enjoyed the Patriots of Seymour, Law, Bruschi... with Brady being more of a game manager. Now I know the league fu---- up the rules and we went the high powered offense route, but watching this defense the past 5 years or so has been little fun.

Last edited:
YES!!! That play decided the game, forget the other 3 INT's, forget the defense, it was all one pass that was a little short :bricks:

Yes there were certainly other mistakes but that one play was the major turning point. Instead of going up at least 10 we turn it over and Buffalo then goes down the filed in under a minute and gets a pick 6 immediately following. That was the major turning point.

Hey ...who would you rather be ...a Pats fan or a Red Sox fan right now ....

enough said...!!!!!

I never understand how people can say this. This game probably ruined my week, but some people are.....happy :confused:

This is a valid point though

Nope, I am not happy. But glad that we got this loss sooner than later so that Brady/BB are angry for the rest of the season and never take any game for granted. In fact, I am positive that Brady is going to be pissed off that he is going to have a stellar performance during the reminder of the season, especially against the friggin Jesters.

See above.

Last edited:
I agree with the general premise of this post, in that there is a large number of Boston fans who are miserable and only come out when they can complain. This is why guys like Shaughnessy and Felger have jobs. However today's game was nauseating, no excuse for losing that game up 21-0. All Brady had to do was not force that ball to Gronkowski and we win, couldnt do that I guess. Hope he learned something.

Agree.

Perhaps some of it is Boston (Red Sox) fans expecting and subconsciously expecting the worst.

Some are following the lead of the media - mostly sports talk radio, and also newspapers that thrive on negativity (i.e.: we're doomed!) - because for whatever reason they can't form an opinion of their own.

There are also a certain number who I am convinced are actually fans of other teams (i.e., trolls), masquerading as Pats fans. Which is kind of bizarre in my opinion; I have better things to do with my time than go on fan forums and pretend I'm a Jet fan or Steelers fan.

For whatever reason losing generates more reaction than winning does - which is truly a sad commentary on what being it is to be a "sports fans" in today's world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes