Welcome to PatsFans.com

I'm contemplating going to my first pats game (pats/jets duh), what should i know?

Discussion in 'Patriots Fan Tailgate Meet Ups' started by Phokus, Jan 14, 2011.

1. sucanushie

sucanushie Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: I'm contemplating going to my first pats game (pats/jets duh), what should i know

Might a dumb question but I'm coming up from Halifax N.S for my first Pats game Nov 9th VS Giants. Are face value tickets ever released at this point or are they all gonzo? Is stub hub/ebay my only option?

2. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +721 / 1 / -3

Re: I'm contemplating going to my first pats game (pats/jets duh), what should i know

Some tickets typically become available shortly before a game (unused tickets allocated to opposing team, etc.), but those get snapped up very quickly. My suggestion is to join the Patriots' season ticket waiting list. You'll need to make a $100 deposit, but that's fully refundable. That allows you to get in on the team's ticket exchange, where you can buy tickets from other season ticket holders for face value.

Official Website of the New England Patriots | Tickets

Good luck!

3. FootballYouBet

FootballYouBet On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is good advice. I stopped worrying about getting home from the game quickly years ago. I don't even bother to try to beat traffic anymore, it's just not worth the hassle. I simply break out the grill after the game and hang out for another hour. And I'd much rather be closer to the stadium for tailgating anyway...it's a better vibe. And btw I just realized that this thread was from last year.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  4. sweetpea

sweetpea Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's ok, we can rejuvenate this thread from last year...I'm coming from NS and am wondering if we should bring our car and set up our own tailgating, or get a cab/shuttle from the hotel we're staying at in Sharon?? If we go without our car, we have no tailgating equip/beer/food etc...so should we bring our gear, or just go and hope for the best makign freiends??

5. tinmaine

tinmaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was wondering a lot of the same things, Sweetpea. We'll be going to a game on 11/6, and this will be our first time tailgating. We've contemplated renting an RV to have comfortable tailgating, but at the cost of parking ($140 for an RV in the official lots), not sure it's worth it?? And then there's the tickets... yikes... Certainly not a cheap hobby we have!
    :eek:

Regardless, we'll be going, but since we're sort of newbies, and definitely new at the tailgating, and a new user of the forum so I can't post my own new post, I'm definitely looking to other posters and seasoned professionals to help us out!:D

6. sweetpea

sweetpea Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Me too...let's hope some experienced folks come on here and give us the scoop!!

7. trickmark79

trickmark79 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i cant make my own forum yet but me and my brother are coming up from nova scotia, canada for our first nfl game for the pats against the colts and want to get in on the tailgaiting but have no idea what to do, we will not have a vehicle so would like some advice or an invite to someones tailgate party! thanks

8. CelticPatriot

CelticPatriot Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

This thread makes me sad, as the chances of me ever getting to a Patriots game in Foxborough are slim to none. :mad: