Welcome to PatsFans.com

I'm calling it!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Ilikehappyppl, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +283 / 4 / -9

your enthusiasm is appreciated....... I hope you're right, but I would not be so sure

3. everlong

everlong Rookie

Ratings:
    +150 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

The new tax plans are going to take money out of the wallets of a lot of families so I wish I shared your enthusiasm but I'm afraid this could be very short lived.
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +600 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

To be honest I hope we see steady growth ... even if it's a tad slow over the roller coaster ride we've been on since the boon of credit cards and over mortgaged real estate thanks to lower than needed interest rates.

I also think we're on the way up ... we have to be because we've been depressed since around 2000 which was worsened by 9/11. Now if Obama can just work on that campaign promise I keep talking about. slash corporate taxes and give tax breaks to companies that do business here. The increased payroll taxes - lessened unemployment payments will exceed the losses.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

There is reason for optimism, despite a very fractured congress...
  6. Nunchucks

Nunchucks Rookie

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -7

I prefer the steady slow growth over the fast bubble growth. We know the current growth is not based on accruing personal debt, but is based on smart spending, while building personal savings.
  7. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -1

Growth is impossible, the TP man said so.
  8. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Growth is impossible without cheap energy.... Over the short term, there will always be spurts of growth, just like there are short dips in oil price.... But the longer-term trend.... Nope. Growth as we've known it, and as our ponzied monetary system requires, is over.
  9. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -1

You didn't give a "like" for my post :( Just trying to help push the agenda ;)
  10. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +283 / 4 / -9

If that was the case, growth would have ended in the 70s
  11. everlong

everlong Rookie

Ratings:
    +150 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

I hope everybody likes that first paycheck of 2013 when it will cost some people, me for one, over $200 per month more on the Social Security Tax. :mad:
  12. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +197 / 3 / -10

Social Security never should have been cut...that was an idiotic move by Obama, but not surprising.

It's not really costing anyone "More"...you're just paying what you've always paid. When a cut expires, it's not an increase in taxes.
  13. everlong

everlong Rookie

Ratings:
    +150 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

It's still a lot of potential money going into the economy that won't be and the odds of my seeing any of it on the backend are slim to none.
  14. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +197 / 3 / -10

I'm almost 54 and I better see it on the back end....

You're right about less $$ going into our economy....which is exactly why I don't support stimulating our economy.

Like I said, cutting SS was an idiotic move by Obama. Even most liberals agree with that statement.
  15. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We didn't reach the peak of conventional production in the 70s, so you're comparing apples to oranges, per usual. That was a man-made calamity, this one is geological.

Regardless, just look what a temporary downturn caused back then. Should give you a little perspective about how fundamental affordable energy is for industrial (fiat) societies.
  16. everlong

everlong Rookie

Ratings:
    +150 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

Well I'm 45 next week and we'll see.

The problem is you couple this tax coming back to it's full weight and then you know there's a tax increase coming and there goes any economic gains we may be seeing now. There's no way the tax stays on the 250K and above crowd.

It's not just economic stimulus. It's welfare both corporate and personal. I'd personally like a constitutional amendment banning the government from bailing companies out. Not that it will happen, ever.
  17. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +197 / 3 / -10

I support your amendment 100%! It's actually the right thing to do.

It's all a catch-22....we can't raise taxes upon the middle class because that will put us in a recession/depression (see Europe). We also can't allow people on gov't assistance to live at the same standard as an average middle class family either. I mean, think of how absurd that is at it's very core! Yet, that's what we're doing.

Cutting spending is the answer because it affects the middle class the least. Start with military spending and work our way down.

Finally, there shouldn't be a ceiling on Social Security taxes. If you make $10MM, you should have to pay 6.2% on all of it. And just to let you know, I benefit from the ceiling but would gladly pay the tax on 100% of my earnings.
  18. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +197 / 3 / -10

I think our gov't has been artificially stimulating our economy for at least 20 years because they know/knew what was coming. And they STILL want to do more of it now.

So why is it you don't ask your congressman about what they're doing about peak oil?
  19. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We have been over this PR, were is your proof? Because people that don't have a job and live off the state don't live aswell as people that are middle class...

Where did you get this idea that people on welfare live like kings? Do you think people that are on welfare own their own home? How about owning a new car? I don't see it and I know a lot of poor people, I work with some and they don't live better then me and my wife....

Stop your hatred of poor people, I don't know why you and others hate people so much....

Yeah we should start with child tax credit and mortgage deduction and EIC and other tax breaks, then we should cut the defense and then we should cut Aid and then we should raise taxes on the rich up to 42% and last if we still need it cut back programs that help the poor.

You want the poor to bear the burden of our problems? When was the last time a poor person wanted to go to war? How about when the last poor person wanted to give tax breaks to rich people?

Keep blaming the poor for our problems, don't dare look in the mirror....or blame the rich.....after all rich people are god's gift to all of us!
  20. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +197 / 3 / -10

Question: How old are you?
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013