Welcome to PatsFans.com

I'm back! Anything happen while I was gone?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ELOrocks17, Apr 12, 2006.

1. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I see alot of new posts---anyone as outraged about this illegal problem as I am?

2. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh Mike...you slay me!

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +740 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

Shhhh, just call them immigrants. The illegal part is silly and not worth mentioning ;)

4. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I am with you on this one, they are illegal, and rewarding illegal activity with citizenship is beyond my comprehension, not to mention the great blow to our National Security or our culture.

5. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The other day I was reading the Arizona Republic newspaper, and they had a huge article on the illegal issue. I did some checking..and the PC term "undocumented immigrant" appeared 17 times in the article. The word "illegal" only appeared once, and that was from a quote.

6. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

That's right, they're here and they're staying and if anyone REALLY wants to do something about the problem they should go pound salt, because that's all they're going to accomplish anyway. Some people have time to think of flaky things to seperate them from us - immigrants just do what they need to do to stay alive and feed their families. You'll never get rid of them because you'll never match their spirit and motivation.

If only Native Americans had passed laws saying Europeans couldn't come here...

7. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thats total PC krap Pujo. People rob banks because they want a better life...does that mean we should let them?

8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +740 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

This is so cool. I'm heading off to a car dealer right now and I'm just gonna drive off with one. My car is 6 years old, this will give me a better life. The car will be undocumented but that's OK - in a few years they'll relent and give me the pink slip.

YES.

9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +740 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

Who cares. Two wrongs don't make a right.

10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +494 / 20 / -17

Turk, I'm surprised you have this point of view. They are illegal, but we looked the other way and let them in and allowed them to stay. Most of them are hard working and are being exploited by employers who want to pay less than legal. There are 11 million of them, so I'm not sure why you think they're a blow to our national security (though I agree that we now need to tighten our borders to address the dangerous situation Republican policies have created). Also, our whole culture is immigrant. Which parts do you want to get rid of? Irish? French? Jewish? Black? Spanish? Gay? Puerto Rican? Mexican? Anglo-Saxon?

11. Turk

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Probably quite a few, NEM.
    I am not too familiar with the Irish situation in Boston and I have not been there in twenty years. I will look into it, though, since you have brought it up.
    I am not talking about just one Nationality when it comes to this issue or any other.
    Wrong is wrong, period.
    There is no such thing as "somewhat illegal".
    My point is that crossing the borders into any country without a passport and a visa is illegal, not just the USA and it burns me that there are folks that I know personally who have spent years and thousands of dollars to do it the right way and they are still going through the painfully slow process while having difficulty feeding their families because they are afraid to work illegally and get caught.
    When cheap labor (who take potentially American jobs) comes into play, our President all of a sudden is the most caring of humankind. It makes me sick.
    He talks about jobs that Americans do not want. I disagree. These are jobs that Americans do not want at that pay level. It reminds me of scabs crossing the picket line and the worker gets screwed because now he will never get the benefits or the fair pay. In this case, we do not even get the tax revenue because these folks are here illegally. When you figure in the health costs, and the cost of the crime that accompanies these people, it is no longer cheap labor, it hurts all of us. You have noticed that I have not even touched the National Security issue. That is another huge issue when thousands of people are able to cross the border, is it not?

12. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How many Americans go to work every day doing jobs they dont want to do? Probably 95%
    The solution is simple-we have prisons full of people just sittin on thier buts. Put them to work!

13. Turk

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Come on, Patters.
    I have been posting here for quite a while and I know for a fact that you know I am not a biased person especially when it comes to ethnicity (look at me).
    I did not say "let's get rid of a certain group", what I did say was that we need to get a handle on our borders and be in charge of who is going in and out.
    No one group should be above the law of the land, just because they are willing to work at a lower wage.
    If we do have laws, it is too much to ask that we enforce them?
    Are you in favor of open borders, as Pujo suggests?
    You are right that we have looked the other way, I am simply saying that we should not have. I never have agreed with that. If laws are not going to be enforced, they should be changed or deleted.
    We deport thousands of foreign prostitutes every year and every year more of them are smuggled in. These are women that have been beaten, drugged and abused in the worst way. They live here in our cities, in prison cell like conditions and get sold to tens of men every day, and yet when they are busted, and processed, the next procedure is deportation. I am yet to hear anyone making a case for them. The only reason why there is a case for the illegal work force most of whom happen to be Mexican, is because they are cheap labor that do the jobs that the Bush voter base wants done (for less) and their exploitation is okay because profit is what we base our decisions on.

14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +740 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

Talk about B.S. They aren't being exploited, they are choosing to work for what's being paid. Minimum wage ? They're ILLEGAL they don't fall under the umbrella of rights that legal residents get.

15. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'm just saying while we all sit in front of our computers and feel self-important, these people will continue living their lives and doing whatever they need to do. It's not robbing a bank, it's crossing a border. Both are illegal, but lots more people get away with crossing the border and they'll continue. And you can take your outrage and put it out on display but they'll keep coming to make better lives for themselves and you'll never stop them.

16. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks Pujo...nice defeatist attitude. Just shrug your shoulders and accept it, right?

17. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Not only accept, but I encourage it. I will never feel like the law of the land is takes precedence over survival. If your only choice is break the law or starve, I hope you would do the sensible thing and break the law.

18. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why dont all these frickin illegals go the hell back to Mexico and protest there? Who the hell do they think they are comming here illegally and demanding that the taxpaying legal citizens support them?

19. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Nobody's demanding that you support them - well, maybe a few lazy ones are - but the majority are just greatful for a chance to support themselves. Protesting doesn't put food on the table - sneaking accross the border does, so that's why they sneak accross.

20. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The few lazy ones? 30% of criminals inUS prisons are illegal aliens. Greatfull or not, they violated US law to get here.