PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm already itching for next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but you'll probably only get Sanders back for two weeks before his little body breaks again. :D
Clearly you missed that Peyton Manning doesn't need any players on defense. He can win games all by himself. ;)

Can't wait for the draft hope I can see it on tv going on a cruise down south...I cannot wait hopefully some new blood will bring us back to the top.

Nope, we got the North again this year.

Home: Ravens, Bengals, Packers, Vikings, Bills, Dolphins, Jets
(The final spot will be filled by the AFC South team which finishes in the same spot in the 2009 standings as the Patriots)

Away: Browns, Steelers, Bears, Lions, Bills, Dolphins, Jets
(The final spot will be filled by the AFC West team which finishes in the same spot in the 2009 standings as the Patriots)

What a joke of an away schedule

The home games are going to be tough though

That's pretty strange. I thought we got the AFC North and NFC East in the same seasons along with a place schedule. I guess I still have a little bit to learn about the scheduling process.
There are 4 NFC divisions, so we play each one every four years. The three AFC divisions rotate every three years, so they don't line up the same way each year.

You can say what you wish about manning but do not blame him for that game other than the pick which could have been him or Wayne or both.
He is a very accurate passer who chokes in big games, and has since college. 9-9 in post season play over 10 years.

He has one superbowl victory, which puts him in the same category with Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson.

Well here is a toast to brady not choking at home next year in the post seson and manning not choking in the superbowl 45, when we get there.:D You can say what you wish about manning but do not blame him for that game other than the pick which could have been him or Wayne or both. manning did his job he just did not get enough possessions, and our rookie coach finally got outcoached. The special teams got caught with their pants down and the defense (as I feared) could not get any deflections or interceptions or pressure on Brees. Brees played his butt off and the Saints made only one mistake that entire game which was neutralized by the Colts. Next year we will have marlon jackson, Tyjuan haglar and Bob Sanders back and it will make a world of difference as well as seasoned rookies. Manning will get another lombardi if not next year in 2012 in Indy.

Yeah, yeah. This whole blaming of the rest of the team is the same story every year Manning comes up short. No, Manning isn't the sole reason they lose, maybe not even the main reason, but 9-9 in the playoffs is a telling stat no matter how you break it down. He is part of the reason. This team was 14-0 (should've been 18-0 if Caldwell had the guts), the 2005 team was 13-0, the 2004 team helped him have a historic season (until Brady broke his record :D), and most of the others were 12-4 or better. Then suddenly these very same teams perform 'weak' in the big game while Manning 'did his part'. I don't buy it... it goes back to his days at Tennessee when he couldn't beat Fla all those years and then Tee Martin leads them to a title the next year. Manning's a great QB, but when it comes to playoff failures he is running out of excuses. He choked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes