PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm a big fan of the Firm-Woody

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love watching Woody run...especially when he slips through a two inch hole in the line...actually I'm waiting for him to run between some defender's legs some day...

he does make me nervous with his blocking though, even though he's obviously giving 150% every play...I wouldn't want him picking up the blind side rusher tooooo often...

They are adequate.
They are averaging over 4.4 yards per carry, which is quite a bit better than adequate. If they were big names or high draft picks, we would be slobbering over them. Of course, they are only UDFAs, and so easily to dismiss in favor of big-name big-hype RBs, even though the big names are less productive.

Mostly I like BJGE getting yards in run-out-the-clock time. When everyone on the field and everyone in the stands know you are going to run the ball and you still get positive yardage, that is a powerful thing.

And even though I rewind over and over, it still amazes me the way Woodhead gets YAC.

Just reading King's MMQB:

Nice. But Pats fans won't like King's "Fine 15." He doesn't pick a number one, so his top team is .. .well let's just say that in his view beating the Lions and Browns in OT > thumping the Steelers.

Well, there's still 7 games left, but I have no problem putting the Jets over the Pats right now. Why?

1. Jets beat the Pats soundly in their one head-to-head meeting.
2. Jets have a +58 point differential, while the Pats have a +44.
3. Jets' two losses were by a combined 10 points (and really, 7, b/c the last Packer FG was a gift from NY late in the game). The Pats' two losses were by a combined 34 points.

I'm not saying the Jets are better than the Pats. I'm saying I understand why someone would rank them ahead of New England in these meaningless power rankings.

In the nfl, power ratings are allowed to consider how many point you win or lose by. I would be somewhat surprised if Seragin's (sp?) ratings didn't put the patriots higher than the jets.

Well, there's still 7 games left, but I have no problem putting the Jets over the Pats right now. Why?

3. Jets' two losses were by a combined 10 points (and really, 7, b/c the last Packer FG was a gift from NY late in the game). The Pats' two losses were by a combined 34 points.

I'm not saying the Jets are better than the Pats. I'm saying I understand why someone would rank them ahead of New England in these meaningless power rankings.

Did anyone notice Woody next to Brady when he was talking to the O after he was shouting at the OLine???

Screenshot2010-11-15at101845.png

I thought he was sitting on the floor :)

I am aware that is poor quality, but it still shows my point :)

Hilarious. Woodhead over there on the right looks like he should be starring in a Harry Potter film, not playing RB in the NFL :eek:

It never surprises me when the clueless media is wrong, so yes.

The Jets beat Moss, not the Pats. They will fact the T-E-A-M soon enough.

That was after they ran Woodhead on 3rd & 4 and he picked up 2. I, myself, was just freaking mesmerized. Brady looks so damn cool with that long hair flopping all over the place framing that Greek God of a face. At that precise moment, I was telling myself,"Man. It doesn't get better than this. Savor these Brady moments because the next Pats q.b. and the next era is a million-to-one to live up to this. It felt so sweet. The guy is just flawless."

Was that gay? :eek: Ehh, big deal. Who cares. That was a special night. I went to the dance and saw Tommy Boy there. :eek: ehh ha ha.

So true. That moment might only have been trumped by his spike after the sneak. It was awesome to watch.

As for Firm-Woody, I think Woody is spectacular. Truly awesome. Firm I think is ok, and could get better, but when our Oline and TEs block like they did last night even I could make some of those runs (without running in to Brady...). That said, I think he does what is required of him and that he will continue to improve. I am happy with our RB by committee being a 2 man committee.

We have no right to complain if the Jets are ranked higher than us because we played them and lost. Our opinions really don't matter right now.

These two short RBs are impressive in my fan book!

best thread title I've seen. And I knew woody was short, but the poor guy looks like a midget next to Brady. No wonder defenses have trouble picking him up!

You never fail to crack me up Patjew!

Phenomenal name, homeslice! I fully expect you to raise the overall bar in regards to sophistication level around here. We need as many existentially minded guys as we can amass. Sometimes the Joe Six Pack army over here overwhelms me.
There are many exceptions though. PatJew, Tunescribe, PatsFanSince74, NYCPatsFan, and PatsWickedPissah to name a few.

We need some other guys with names like Nietzche, Sarte, and Heidegger to go along with yours. Watch out for Schmessy tho. lol. Ya gotta stay inside the rigid apollonian thought process box & can't mentally or philosophically stray outside the lines when that moderator is around. lol.

Phenomenal name, homeslice! I fully expect you to raise the overall bar in regards to sophistication level around here. We need as many existentially minded guys as we can amass. Sometimes the Joe Six Pack army over here overwhelms me.
There are many exceptions though. PatJew, Tunescribe, PatsFanSince74, NYCPatsFan, and PatsWickedPissah to name a few.

We need some other guys with names like Nietzche, Sarte, and Heidegger to go along with yours. Watch out for Schmessy tho. lol. Ya gotta stay inside the rigid apollonian thought process box & can't mentally or philosophically stray outside the lines when that moderator is around. lol.

I took shmessy for a Dionysian myself. :snob:

Just reading King's MMQB:

Nice. But Pats fans won't like King's "Fine 15." He doesn't pick a number one, so his top team is .. .well let's just say that in his view beating the Lions and Browns in OT > thumping the Steelers.

Its one thing to find ways to win when the odds are against you, its entirely different to flat out suck for an entire overtime, throw an interception on the goal line, and barely win with a very lucky TD on poor tackling.

Winning overtime with less than a minute is far from impressive. Particularly for this supposedly #1 team.

It never surprises me when the clueless media is wrong, so yes.

The Jets beat Moss, not the Pats. They will fact the T-E-A-M soon enough.

I guess I don't understand your point. They hammered the Pats pretty good in week 2. They have a better point differential. And their losses are by a very small margin, while the Pats' losses have been thumpings.

All that equals a pretty good case for the Jets over the Pats at this point in the season. To make that argument doesn't make one clueless; it is simply looking at things objectively.

Again, it doesn't mean that the Jets are necessarily better than the Pats; just that a good (a better?) case can be made for the Jets over the Pats at this point.

I guess I don't understand your point. They hammered the Pats pretty good in week 2. They have a better point differential. And their losses are by a very small margin, while the Pats' losses have been thumpings.

All that equals a pretty good case for the Jets over the Pats at this point in the season. To make that argument doesn't make one clueless; it is simply looking at things objectively.

Again, it doesn't mean that the Jets are necessarily better than the Pats; just that a good (a better?) case can be made for the Jets over the Pats at this point.

The real "metric" that King supposedly uses is the "neutral field in Wichita" argument. If the Jets and Pats met in Wichita, which team would win? Perhaps I'm being a homer, but I like the Pats if the game is not in New Jersey.

Firm-Woody strikes again, penetrating the Colts!

Woody took a good run and turned it into an outstanding one. BJ has been getting that little extra and cutting more decisively too.

They're limited (BJGE as a #1 back, anyway), but if they keep giving 100% they could be enough to go all the way.

I'd like to see Morris get worked in some, we could use his power. BJ runs hard, but he's not a piledriver. Morris is a gamer and good for 5-10 snaps to keep drives going, I bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back