Welcome to PatsFans.com

Illinois Democrats want to impeach Gov over Rezko

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by FreeTedWilliams, Jun 11, 2008.

1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +515 / 49 / -7

#75 Jersey

http://www.newsmax.com/us/illinois_corruption/2008/06/11/103489.html

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. -- The speaker of the Illinois House is circulating a memo outlining how legislative candidates can call for impeachment hearings against the governor, calling corruption during his tenure "a tumor."

Interesting, the Democrat Speaker, wants to impeach the Democrat Governor over Rezko and corruption, but this has nothing to do with the Senator from that state does it!

2. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You mean the senator who...nah. what's the point.
    We all know it. Some of us care, some of us will excuse it.

:bricks:

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

What am I missing here...is Obama connected to this?

4. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Rezko was a big wheel fundraiser for him, he (obama) did favors for Rezko while in the Ill. assembly (whatever they call it) and Rezko helped (supposedly, depending on who you believe...he's a politician in Chicago, I believe the worst) Obama buy his house. So Obama was in hip deep.

IT's one of those stories that if it Rezko was best friends with GWB or McCain or McConnel, it would be all over the news whether there was any truth to it or not. Remember "the seriousness of the charge" stuff?

5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +369 / 10 / -14

Rezko's wife bought the piece of property next to the Obama Mansion, then gave him a sweetheart deal on a strip of said property adjacent to the Obama property, both peices were purchased from the same seller...

He also gave BO over 250K in campaign donations. People like Rezko expect to be compensated for their generosity..

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -9

Rezko-
    They don't want to talk about this or Barry's Uncle Jeremiah, they would rather attend a "Prince Speech" and faint.

Dick Cheney is related to Prince Barack, I wonder if he ever went to church with him, can you just picture Dick Cheney yelling and jumping around with Uncle Jeremiah's "flock"--------:singing:

Praise Jesus
    God Damn America

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I hear that.

Wish I had friends like that.
    I'd help them build their deck or pick them up when their truck breaks down.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +492 / 20 / -17

Obama seems incredibly clean. The owners of the house he bought said he made the highest bid; he paid fair market value for Rezko's piece of property. He was friends with the Rezko since Harvard. What could he have possibly been up to? There's no evidence that Obama did Rezko any favors or otherwise even came close to breaking the law. After the scandal broke with Governor Blagojevich, Obama gave the $10,000 donation he received from Rezko for his Senate campaign to charity.

What do you think the real story is?

9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +369 / 10 / -14

What about the other 240K given over the years? I'm sure it is just a big cooindence that one of the biggest fixers in Chi town did a land deal with BO and even helped him evaluate the home before the purchase.

Didn't know what Wright was about was selected for a paying position by a terrorist, and did a land deal with a political fixer, but he was oblivious to it all.

If the guy is this dense should he be running for president?

10. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +515 / 49 / -7

#75 Jersey

Patters, if you don't think Obama is a product of the Daley machine, check out how he won his first seat:
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-070403obama-ballot,0,1843097.story

Basically he had his henchmen go into a backroom, and dislqualify all the other candidates for the office that he wanted. This guy has never had to actually win an election, he has either stolen them, or ran unopposed by a legitimate candidate. I can only hope he comes out and starts talking about "disenfranchising" talk about the pot calling the kettle black!!!

11. Patters

Ratings:
    +492 / 20 / -17

He certainly knows how to play hardball at a very high level, but you know what? That's true for every major politician. Do you think Obama is the first one to challenge his opponent's petitions? Do you think Obama is the first one to engage in legal maneuvers to give himself an advantage? Come on, FTW, surely you know better than that.

12. Patters

Ratings:
    +492 / 20 / -17

You're casting aspersions without offering any evidence. I can't even find a reference to the 240K you're talking about. What are you referring to?

http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news_columnists_ezorn/2008/06/reality-check-t.html

What are you referring to?

13. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Pat, can I ask you a serious, honest question and get a serious honest no party line bs answer?

If these allegations were out there about the republican nominee, would you be just as upset as FTW is or would you still be saying "they all do it" and shrugging your shoulders?

14. Patters

Ratings:
    +492 / 20 / -17

As far as political tactics, I have said many times in this forum how much I admire Karl Rove. While I of course despise him as much as I despise the Giants, I respected his ability to play politics. In the political world, political game playing is a vital skill. It's played on many different levels. So, as far as how Obama played politics in Chicago, I have no issue with him doing that, but I wouldn't be opposed to improvements in the political process to make it more fair.

As far as Rezko goes, because I support Obama, I've read a lot on the Rezko matter, so I have a good understanding of it. And, honestly, it sounds like Obama has had a good friend since college in Rezko who develoepd into a crook. That's certainly embarrassing and problematic, but I still need to be convinced that Obama did something wrong. McCain's Rezko is the Keating 5 scandal an while I'll use it as political fodder to respond to what I consider unfair accusations against Obama, I certainly don't believe that the Keating 5 scandal reflects on McCain anymore than the Rezko scandal reflects on Obama.

I do try to maintain a consistent standard, but I also will play politics when people spread lies and distortions about Obama. As they say in chess, the best defense is a good offense.

15. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

LOL...you like Rove, I adore Car-goyle (although his little former partner annoys me to no end, and I don't think he's nearly the stand up guy Jim is).

I don't know as Obama did anything wrong either, and honestly--who cares at this point. It will play out, or not. If he did something wrong, the media won't cover it, but like Dan Rather, the blogs will force it.

16. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I haven't seen anything wrong between Obama and Rezko and I read the Chicago Trib daily ( Tribune does not shy away from bashing anyone). I am sure Obama has had his share of cutthroat, borderline ethical, or deceiving actions in his career. Illinois is political hell when it comes to ethics. That being said, since Obama's name hasn't been linked to bribes, corruption, etc, which means he's probably more ethical then a Daley, a Blagojevich,or a Ryan, etc, etc.

17. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +515 / 49 / -7

#75 Jersey

The list of people that are "more ethical than a Daley" includes everyone on the planet not named Jeffrey Dhamer.