Welcome to PatsFans.com

Illegals kill more Americans than Muslim terrorists!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ELOrocks17, Dec 1, 2006.

1. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2006
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

This lefty just read the article and cannot find a verifiable link to this Worldnet story.. it is what it is a hysterical right wing web site capitalizing on the fear of the american people, with no credible statistics or agency data to back it up. Makes some folks feel good, but a lot of us feel real skeptical about a story like this.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

who is saying that 'lefties' are pro Illegals?

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/05cius/offenses/expanded_information/data/shrtable_03.html

5,000+ people were murdered by white males in the US in 2005 .... over 11,000 by black and white males .... Now.....Thats 55,000 since 9-11 (not counting this year) I'm not sure what, if anything, that article proves. Any website that has Condi T-shirts for sale on it, certainly carries a slant.

its easy to skew statistics...you must be waching FOX News.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2006
  4. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Then why do you let NEM get away with it?
  5. unoriginal

unoriginal Rookie

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -1

These are truly thought-provoking statistics. And by thought-provoking, I of course mean undocumented.

The central evidence to this screed, the claim about 12 citizens a day, comes from a rambling press release from a US Representitive. Where did that figure come from, besides the mouth of Steve King? Who knows, no sources are cited. Any ties to reality remain inconclusive.

Assuming its true that there has indeed been an entire "pool" of blood spilled by illegal immigrants, I think its only fair to compare those unofficial and probably imaginary numbers against other equally unofficial and speculative numbers:

How many illegal immigrants die each day due to predatory labor conditions?
    How many die at the border?
    How many Native Americans/First Nation Peoples have died since immigration from Europe began?

I'm not going to pull numbers out of my ass, but I just want to suggest that, conceptually, if this country is slowly being murdered by immigrants, its likely we've given, and will continue to give, back more than we got.

I'll end by assassinating that site's character; I know that's cheap, but they did provide the bullet:
    WorldNetDaily is pro-intelligent design
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2006
  6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I just googled 'murder in the USA.' according to them Republicans murdered about 9,000 people in 1997. This is based on 18,000 murders that year and the fact that 1/2 of the USA is Republican.

I think our new, democratically-controlled, Congress should ban Republicans from America to save over 9000 people each year. Then they should ban Democrats to save an additional 9,000 each year. Then ban the Independents, the Natural Law people, the Greens, Commies, and the few other wack-job fringe elements to save a few more hundred people and bring the murder rate down to zero.
  7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

As awful as 9/11 was, the 3,000 or so that died that day are a mere pittance compared to when they nuke a city. Illegals may or may not kill more than 9/11 but the potential and likelihood of the next attack is far, far greater I am afraid.
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

We are safer. That doesn't make us safe. As you know, we can stop 1,000 tries but just 1 that gets through is enough.
  9. glecco

glecco Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

10. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +474 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Do I sense NEM envy??? NEM is NEM ... there is no other NEM but NEM.
    When you reach the NEMtillect and NEMisdom of NEM ... you can spill your drink every once in a while also.:D
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

My assumption is that it is an admission of wrongdoing on your part, very good now for the second step. Why does this become an rant about NEM, when it is about a half assed story in Worldnet?? Is this the same old Republican talking points, when confronted on the truth blame someone else and change the subject.
  12. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

The article makes a great case as to why we need to integrate illegal immigrants into our system. By providing them with basic services and protection under the law, it would reduce the incidence of violent crime. Right now, many of them are underpaid, overworked, scammed, abused, blackmailed, and threatened. It's no surprise that people living in that kind of environment commit more crimes. The link between poverty and crime is well known.
  13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Give them all a free Mobile Home and set them up all along the banks of the Charles River in Cambridge in Hyannisport down on Old Cape Cod and on Nantucket Island then watch how fast they are sent back to Mexico.
    :bricks:
  14. Julius

Julius Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Regardless of the truth of this statistic I don't understand why left wingers would be considered pro illegal immigration. Illegal immigrants drive down wages for what were decent jobs ie construction etc. Having a pool of illegals available to work undercuts unions and allows companies to not pay expensive benefits like health care to there employees. Also these people can't vote so they are certainly not being courted by the left for that reason.
  15. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

The reason the Liberals are pro illegal alien is that the neo cons are against it, what really drives the liberal nuts is that the "Hated Bush" agrees with them on the illegal alien.

When it comes to Illegal Aliens the "Hated Bush" is a liberal Democrat.
  16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

WND is a conservative website. They make no bones about that fact either.

Holy makes a good point about lefties and being pro-illegal. Whereas I think there are more Dems than Repubs that are pro-invasion, the last time I checked, the leader of the GOP was the biggest fan of the American takeover. Pretty hard to soley blame Dems on immigration when the GOP has had both houses for a number of years and has done didly.
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Maybe you should try pulling your head out of your azz as opposed to just numbers. First of all, what relevence does the loss of illegal lives have to do with the point of this article? Last I checked, the AMERICANS the article speaks of, have a RIGHT to be here. While the illegals you speak of, did not. If said illegals didn't want to die in our country, then they should have stayed home, and not broken our laws when coming here. It's assinine to try to compare Joe Taxpayer's murder by the hands of someone who should never have been here, to that of those who were here illegally. Had said criminal illegal obeyed our sovereignty, both would still be alive. To me, that speaks volumes of how accountable one side is as opposed to the other.
  18. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Say what? Absolutely not. Again, here you loons go, trying to put the onus on the citizen to be accountable for the responsibilities of individuals. Illegals are, well, ILLEGAL. They broke our laws when coming here. They did so knowing that they were breaking our laws. They did so as a cost to my pocket. At the cost of some peoples lives. Immigration, LEGAL immigration, is the issue here. We need to DOCUMENT those who come here, and those who come, need to know what is expected of them. By catoring, and excusing CRIMINALS, all you do is empower more criminal behavior. People talk about their coming for a better life, well what about the quality of an Americans life?
  19. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Exactly. I've posted here, and everywhere else, why illegals are being aided from both sides of the isle, which is a slap in the face of each parties loyal followers.

FUTURE VOTES.

Dems never like to discuss how their party is selling out to illegals to secure the latino vote. The Latino vote is the fastest growing group in the country. Both parties are selling their souls to secure it.

Party over princilple!
  20. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

There's a difference between supporting illegal immigration and supporting a compassionate approach to the problem. The right wing extremists want the illegal aliens arrested, physically thrown out the country, denied even basic benefits and services, without little or no regard for their infirmities, their age, their children, etc.

Liberals think the problem needs to be dealt with a compassionate way. Let's certainly tighten our borders -- there are many reasons to do that. But, with regard to the illegal aliens living here, working here, paying taxes, and being responsible citizens, let's give a roadmap to citizenship. There are reasons for doing this: illegals often do work that others don't want, they are a sizeable part of our economy, and they would cost hundreds of billions of dollars to forcibly remove them.

The left certainly isn't courting them, but it is more sympathetic to struggling hard workign immigrant, legal or illegal, just as the right is more sympathetic to the wealthy bin Ladens who Bush allowed to leave the U.S. immediately after 9/11.