Welcome to PatsFans.com

Illegals’ medical bills top $35.7M

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 5 / -2

They need to go ASAP. I love how the governor refused to release the data, and only did so under order from the Secretary of State. His admin is not being cooperative either. What a tool.

Illegals’ medical bills top $35.7M

Taxpayers hit hard for trips to ER By Jessica Van Sack

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Beleaguered Bay State and U.S. taxpayers coughed up a staggering $35.7 million this year in free emergency health care for more than 52,000 illegal aliens in Massachusetts, sparking outrage from candidates and critics who back a tougher line on immigration.

The figures — released by Gov. Deval Patrick’s administration under an order for the Secretary of State’s office and after more than a month of ducking questions — show illegal immigrants who belong to MassHealth Limited received $33.8 million in taxpayer-funded in-patient hospital care this year.

Illegals’ medical bills top $35.7M - BostonHerald.com
  2. Real World

Ratings:
    +429 / 5 / -2

Unreal.

I thought illegals don't get state or federal subsidies and services? So what does this mean when Obamacare becomes the law of the land? These people need to go ASAP.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +264 / 10 / -26

The recently passed medical plan excludes illegals, as did the Clinton Welfare Reform passed in 1996....

Not sure what is going on with the Romney Health Care Plan here though....
  4. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +462 / 6 / -7

Illegals aren't going anywhere.

Your options are either to a.) refuse them medical care at the hospital or b.) pass some kind of comprehensive immigration reform to get them on the taxrolls and thus forcing them to subsidize their own care.
  5. Real World

Ratings:
    +429 / 5 / -2

UUUMMM, I likes musturd on my french fried potaters.
  6. Real World

Ratings:
    +429 / 5 / -2

Thanks to people like you they're not.

BS. That's the moonbat, RINO scheme that's designed to secure votes from the least affiliated, and fastest growing ethnic demographic in the country, at a cost to US taxpayers, and citizen americans. Since you don't know Jack (pun intended) about fiscal reality, you ignore that fact that rubber stamping all the red ink illegals doesn't do didly to account for the cost of services they siphon off from the system. We tried the "making them legal" BS 23 years ago, and it was an EPIC FAIL. The only answer is to seal the border as best as possible, and make the system in such a manner where which illegals can't get a job, services, or subsidies in this country.
  7. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +462 / 6 / -7

It has nothing to do with people like me. It has to do with reality, not the knee-jerk, nativist fantasy you buy into hook, line, and sinker.

Yeah, that sounds realistic.

However, back in the real world (irony), the scenario I outlined is pretty much the only realistic way to recoup the costs they impose on society. I know you'd really rather cut them off entirely and create an entire caste of destitute, non-productive Untermensch, but since pretty much everyone who is rational knows that will never happen, I'd err on the side of constructive solutions.

I'm sure the $3 tomatoes in your society would be just killer, though. For what it's worth, I do support closing the border and strict penalties for employers who knowingly hire illegals. Hence the term comprehensive.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  8. Real World

Ratings:
    +429 / 5 / -2

BS jack. You're clueless. You're a drone dude. You just puppet the same old diarea that the powers that be feed you, as the deficits rise to insurmountable levels, and the real costs of services skyrocket to figures your boys in office refused to acknowedge. Illegals are massive red ink. They're red ink as illegals, and red ink as rubber stamped invaders. Every student an illegal puts into a school is another $10+k that a black inker like myself has to pay for. Every illegal being rubber stamped means another person in line for food stamps, free apartments, and SSI disability payment for life. They need to go ASAP. I'd rather pay $3 for my tomato's, than pay $3,000 more in taxes to subsidize the people that pick them. You know the numbers back me up on this, which is why the argument from your kind is always about compassion, better life, racist, and Save the Children!
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +532 / 2 / -9

Illegal Aliens Are Criminals They Became Criminals When They Broke The Laws Of The USA By Entering America Illegally.

The Left Wing Democratic Party, McCain, Dead Ted Kennedy And GW Bush Hold Much Of The Blame For The Protection And Coddling Of The Criminal Illegal Aliens.

DO NOT ENTER (that should mean what it says)

What makes Liberal Loons think they have to slobber and fawn all over criminals.

:confused::confused:
  10. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +462 / 6 / -7

Clearly. Because if there's ever an example of "fresh" and "outside-the-box" thinking, "deport them all" would be a shining example. Let your intellectual intrepidity be a model for us all.

I don't really care to argue with you on this topic any further since you've gone full-blown Tom Trancredo on us, but the issue is far more complex than you acknowledge, as evidenced by the ~650 billion to GDP contributed by illegals. So much for the numbers.
  11. WhiteWesWelker88

WhiteWesWelker88 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

this is such horse****......

**** illegaimmigrants.:mad::mad::mad:
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +429 / 5 / -2

Ding, ding, ding, ding...winner winner chicken dinner. Did I call it or what. ;)

What does outside the box thinking have to do with anything? That comment just shows how much of an ignorant, and uninformed drone you are. Inside/outside of the box thinking is irrelevent. The only relevent thinking needed is the type that best deals with the problem. Remember, the best pass is usually the simplist one.

$650 Billion.....LOLOLOLOLOL..........
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I agree, but both of these options are off the table for both liberals and conservatives.

here is a third option...

Bill the nation from which the illegal came from. Remove 35.7 Million from the deficit! They ALL have socialized medicine, it shouldn't be a problem.

Then imagine what we can accomplish with an extra $35.7 million in the budget!
  14. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +462 / 6 / -7

I see the point managed, once again, to elude you completely. If you had an ounce of self-awareness, you would understand the glaring hypocrisy of calling me a "drone" when the entire substance of your position (deport them all!) is mindless pablum.

If you really think deporting every illegal immigrant is anywhere in the realm of practicality -- not to mention the simplest solution -- I'll just have to assume you've been hitting the bong particularly hard today. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
  15. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +159 / 7 / -13

Libs want to reward criminals for committing crimes how enlightened.

:rolleyes::bricks:
  16. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's just the ridiculous, mindless idiocy of the left. They love playing the politics of fear, i.e. "if we actually enforce our immigration laws, we will have to pay $3 for a tomato!" :rolleyes:

I mean, a statement like that shows cluelessness on so many levels.
  17. WhiteWesWelker88

WhiteWesWelker88 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Jack Bauer....... You said "Illegals aren't going anywhere"

If only I were dictator:) you would eat those words b/c I would force them out. Trail of Tears part 2.:D If you are illegal you are deported by force if necessary.

This country is to ***** to take that stance.:(
  18. WhiteWesWelker88

WhiteWesWelker88 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh..... apparently illegals have "rights" I say Bull-****. They get nothing but a ticket out of this country.:):):)

If this guy were leader he would Force Choke them all.

[​IMG]
  19. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +462 / 6 / -7

Do you even know what the Trail of Tears was?

It has nothing to do with rewarding anyone. It has to do with finding a workable solution to a problem rather than simply demagoguing the issue.
  20. Real World

Ratings:
    +429 / 5 / -2

I sure can call it pal. ;)

You have absolutely no logical or fiscal leg to stand on, so you resort to calling me a drug addict. Thanks for reinforcing my position.