Welcome to PatsFans.com

Illegal immigration, an environmental disaster

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by MrSparkle, May 17, 2010.

1. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Arizona is breathtaking, I fell in love with the desert my first trip out there.
    Here are some pics I took while on that trip:

Apache Trail
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grand Canyon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Earlier today I stumbled upon this post:
    Arizona - PICTURES YOU WON'T SEE ON CNN, ABC, OR NBC at Ask Trapper
    Why is this not shown on the MSM. Where is the outrage?

Does the environment only matter if it matches the agenda of the left? Funny how that works.
  2. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

Same can be asked / said of the environment and the right, it seems.
  3. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Ahh, but then again the left is the so called champion of the environmental cause. When a righty cheats on his wife, it's an all out vicious attack on his character while a lefty is appauded for his conquests. Seems to me that's fair as they champion family values. It's also fair to call out the lefties for not being true to their cause. :confused2:
  4. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

3 things, then

1) partly agree, as my point is that both sides tend to be pretty hypocritical.

2) That said, I'm curious how much of an environmental issue this really is.

and 3) your cheating / family values analogy isn't exactly on target, as those "attacks" (as you put it) tend to target particular politicians who preach family values then act differently. Are there particular politicians who talk up their concern for the environment yet favor illegal immigrants' leaving a trail of refuse in their wake?
  5. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

1. Agreed.
    2. I understand what you're saying here but still, that's a pretty big mess and is not acceptable.
    3. What politician does not leave a trail of refuse in their wake :)

6. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

The Obama Media And The Loons Think It's Racist To Show Those Pictures If The Tea Partys Left Sh!t Around Like That They Would Have The Pictures On Billboards In Times Square
  8. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

1. Agreed on all 3, especially 3

(and re 2, don't get me wrong -- I think it's repugnant. I'm a guy who came close to getting in a fight a few weeks ago because a guy in a car I was walking by at the beach threw his Jack in the Box bag out the window, and I picked it up and threw it back in. I'm just curious about real extent of the problem. I'm seeing a friend in Tucson later, so I'll ask her.)
  9. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +283 / 5 / -8

I suppose the question, "I wonder how much of an environmental issue is it," comes down to what you belive an "environmental disaster" is, and if you believe it has to do with ecological systems, it comes down to ecological impact.

The photos alone make a strong case if you believe that the main impact of an "environmental disaster" is visual and aesthetic; indeed, the natural beauty of the southwest is cited by the OP in the set-up of the post, together with photos of places other than the photos showing litter. They are evidently in the same general region as the photos showing litter, however, and there appears to be a great deal of litter displayed in the photos of the "environmental disaster."

An oil slick poised to destroy thousands of square miles of wildlife sanctuary, however, is likely a greater environmental disaster, however, in ecological terms, by leaps and bounds.

Unlike the photos of littering, authentic or not, the impact of such a slick is not replicated thousands of times over by various landfills, or indeed, by the floating patch of litter the size of Texas in the Pacific ocean.

Short answer: there's a high bar for "environmental disasters" that make the news, because everyday littering is such an everyday fact of life. Call me when you can see it from space.

PFnV
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

IN reality the "pictures of the Sonoran Desert" could have been taken anywhere, if the biggest concern is the garbage allegedly left behind that is a miniscule issue compared to the bigger problem.. if this trail is so obvious to folks like you and the bloggers, why don't they just put a border patrol person there to stop the flow, then make them pick up some trash..

An another answer is to send Sheriff Joe and his compadres, with a group of pink suited inmates to clean it up..

It is also hysteria to use the environmental disaster POV and belittles any argument that you could have about immigration, there are a lot of angles but this one is pyss poor...

If you look at a map, there is probably more influence on the Gulf of California by Nogales than this garbage, not that it makes it any better, but it is a huge stretch to say that this would wind up in our seas and is aome type of faux environmental disaster, there are enough environmental disasters and no need to create new ones...

http://www.desertmuseum.org/images/csds/sonoran_map-lg.jpg

The MSM comment is about as limp dicked as it gets, in case you have not noticed there is quite a bit going on right now... was this on Fox???? A blog by Trapper John as something with veracity, you have to be kidding..
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Welcome to America Amigo we are your garbage dump, free food stamps and drivers license, we love you, bring your drugs, if you commit a crime don't worry we won't let the cop arrest you we'll put the cop in jail and let you go.

PEOPLE OF ARIZONA;
    AMERICA IS PRAYING FOR YOU, YOUR GOVERNOR HAS MORE BALLS THAN THE WHOLE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.
  12. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Environmental issue? I'm not buying that. I will buy Arizona's new laws though. I'm so sick of the left and right bickering about things like this only as a subtext to their political manuevering.
    Is ILLEGAL immigration legal? NO.
    How does the debate go any further than this? The law doesn't state "start pulling over all brown people and harass them" it says IF you are lawfully interacting with an individual (ie: traffic stop, crime scene, etc...) AND you have a reasonable suspicsion that they are not a legal resident, you now have to ask for documentation of their residency status.
    What is wrong with that?
  13. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Nutshell.
    But that detail escapes many here, as does the fact the AZ law is almost a mirror reflection of the federal law already in place, just not enforced. AZ's simply choosing to enforce it and unless anyone here lives on or near the AZ border they probably have no clue what's really going on and what it's like to live there.
  14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

There's nothing wrong with that. Which is why those who are best served by the illegal invasion, and any possible Amnesty, hate it so much.

BTW, thank you for your service.
  15. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

Nothing that I can see. However, the initial language was overly broad. No idea whether that was intentional or a really stupid oversight. And that opened the door to protests that were both legitimate and illegitimate (imo).

The way the law now reads now seems incidental to any ongoing "debate," unfortunately.
  16. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Maybe I'm just cynical but I think if the law was presented originally in its current form then we'd have the same shyt storm going on. Question for every one. Would you support a law that allows police to ask arrested people for their papers?
  17. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

As I understand it if you are arrested you should be asked, the issue here is when confronted you can be arrested for not having papers... you can do this on suspicion, arrest denotes a belief that a crime has been committed.
  18. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is what the illegals do. They usurp our resources and turn our country into whatever 3rd world craphole they came from.

And they have plenty of support from liberals who gladly turn a blind eye to this problem, not to mention obstruct all efforts of people trying to deal with it.
  19. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 1 / -9

Ah!! We're two peas from the same pod Chico! A couple of weeks ago I witnessed a guy throwing a losing scratch ticket out his window at a convenience store parking lot. I picked up the ticket, knocked on his window and said "you dropped this". He replied "I know". To which I loudly replied, "you've gotta be kidding you lazy F**k!"

I walked over the trash container and threw it away and saw his wife/girlfriend yelling at him in the car!

Stuff like that makes my day!
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

It's racist to ask Illegal Aliens 'not to littler' the only people you can yell at for throwing sh!t in the street is Germans, Irish, Swedes and Nova Scotians with blonde hair.