Welcome to PatsFans.com

Illegal immigrants pay billions in taxes

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Apr 14, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

2. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +255 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

I have to ask you a question. Why do you post so much U.S. bad, everything but U.S. good or at least if not good then screwed by something American?

3. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I wonder how it breaks down, taxes paid versus cost of social services provided. Just a guess, but I'd think the costs outweigh the taxes collected.

edit: Actually thinking about it more I'm sure costs outweigh taxes collected, but I'm also sure that's true of all low income earners, not just illegals.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  4. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Good point ,stokes . I found this link :

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/newstex/IBD-0001-24278349.htm

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,152 / 5 / -10

6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

I've been saying this for years. Illegals are massive red ink. That they steal someone's ID, a crime mind you, and pay some taxes that go unclaimed, is irrelevent to the end result. If you pay $5, but cost $15, who cares about the $5? The bottom line is that you cost $10. It really isn't that difficult to figure out. Contemplate the costs an individual presents to government. Education, medical, administrative, police, fire, infrastructure, etc. and then calculate what each of those people needs to pay in order for the government to break even. Do you think an $8 an hour illegal is in the black, or the red? Cleary they are red. Now, beyond the red ink, consider the social costs they impose upon a society. An invasion of people who do not know the laws of the land, put millions of kids in school who don't speak the language and slow down the learning of actual citizens, workers who undermine & depress the wages of blue collar americans, and a fundamental decay of population assymilation. This is why immigration has to be controlled & documented. You simply cannot have an unfettered invasion of unknowns into a welfare state. I know though, I'm a....:rolleyes:

7. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

This is where those "facts" and "statistical data" that you claimed you are so fond of would really come in handy. All I see here is another baseless rant......

8. Real World

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

I've typed enough data and stats in here on this subject. Everyone knows how outspoken I've been on this issue. I'm the product of two foreign immigrants. I'm bilingual. My parents came here legally. Maybe you're new, and we already know you don't read anything you don't like, so try the search tab above. Real world - illegal immigration. Maybe tommorow I'll enlighten you with some more knowledge. The thing is, like so many of your ilk in here, stats and facts, no matter how much they're put forth, don't seem to sink in. I'm pro legal, and anti-illegal immigration. Some how, some way, that's made me a racist in here. Racist or bigot? I can't keep up anymore.

9. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

Oh I'll never claim you aren't outspoken, that's for sure.

And I never called you a racist or a bigot but just keep putting words in my mouth, I hear that helps in the absence of "facts" and "statistical data.":eek:

10. Real World

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

Like I said Waldo, I've posted the info plenty of times. I've got over 11,000 of them. Do a search if you ant to learn something. I already know it's a waste of my time to repeat what I've typed 100 times already. You're not going to change your view. Why? Cuz the vast majority, if not all Amnesty lovers, are acting on emotion. Facts & stats are never going to disway emotion. It's like telling some guy his gf is no good for him, even when you've got pictures of her sleeping with another guy. The dude will find a way to ignore the cold hard facts. Remember, they're just here for a better life, and no one is illegal.

11. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

This isn't evasive at all:rolleyes:

12. Real World

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

13. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +585 / 52 / -9

#75 Jersey

ILLEGALS DO NOT PAY ANY TAXES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most illegals either get paid cash, or use someone else SS number, you simpley can not pay taxes without a valid ss number and here's why.....

First off, every single illegal claims at least 10 dependents on their W-4s so the amount of tax taking out is minimal at best.

For the ones that use a fake or someone else's SS number, the SS Adminstration sends the employer a "no match" letter, which informs the employer that their employee has given a wrong SS number and tells them to correct it. (New regulations now require the SSA to forward a copy of this letter to ICE (the old INS), if the problem is not corrected, of course the ACLU cherrypicked a 9th circuit Judge to put a hold on this, but it is coming). The SSA takes this money and does one of two things with it, they either RETURN IT TO THE EMPLOYER, or put in a seperate fund (not Algore's "lockbox").

For the true bearer of the SS number, he has to pay the extra taxes, not the illegal, and it usually takes up to ten years to get it straighten out.

The illegals pay NOTHING!, what they don't spend on beer, goes back to Mexico via Western Union. They are a huge drain on the economy and anyone who tells you anything different is ab outright liar.

We have raided hundredds of plants, and EVERYTIME the plants re-open with legal workers, only this time, they have to up their salaries a 1 an hour or so (to compensate for the fact that these people actually PAY TAXES). The only ones that benefit from illegal workers are the owneres of the companies who knowingly employ them. The people that are hurt the most are the less skilled workers because their wages are depressed by them.