Welcome to PatsFans.com

Illegal Immigrant Kills Hero Cop

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Sep 26, 2006.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2487004&page=1

Sept. 25, 2006 — The shooting of a Houston police officer has sparked a new battle over immigration.

Juan Leonardo Quintero, an illegal immigrant, has been charged with killing a Houston police officer last week after a routine traffic stop.

Police Chief Harold Hurtt blamed the federal government for failing to secure U.S. borders.

Quintero allegedly shot Officer Rodney Johnson four times in the head while in handcuffs in the back seat of his patrol car.

Johnson arrested Quintero during a routine traffic stop for speeding but apparently missed the suspect's gun in a pat-down search.

Following the shooting, a video showed Houston police officers pulling open the back doors of Johnson's patrol car and yanking the suspect out of the back seat.

"It's very easy to make a mistake. I am not saying a mistake was made," one Houston police officer said. "Unfortunately, we are in the business where a mistake can kill you."

The suspect should not have been in the United States.

Quintero was deported in 2004 after a conviction for indecency with a child.

"The subject was deported, and yet he came back, so if the government fulfilled their responsibility of protecting the border we would probably not be standing here today," Hurtt said.

The Houston Police Department has been struggling this year to deal with the influx of Katrina evacuees and an immigration problem that is only getting worse.

Border Patrol said thousands of illegal immigrants crossed into the United States each month.

Johnson received a commendation for valor for pulling several children from a burning building.

He leaves behind a wife who is also a police officer and their five children.

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +689 / 17 / -18

#24 Jersey

The fact that the most technologically advanced, and most wealthy, country ever to exist can't even keep this trash out of it's country is embarassing. It's such a stupid situation I can't even think about it because it just infuriates me too much.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

America is destroying itself from within, decency, morality, common sense, law and order, love of country are all going the way of the gooney bird, the vultures are waiting.

I don't think we will ever win another war, we don't fight to win anymore, we are told not to OFFEND the people that are trying to kill us.

THE END IS NEAR.

The religion from the middle east will be the ones to defeat America some day then after they settle in watch what happens to your freedom, your civil liberties and your constitution.

If you should happen to be arrested for stealing your neighbors donkey and you demand to have your "rights" read to you the cop will cut your tongue off.

George W Bush is a Left Wing Democrat when it comes to Illegal Aliens, the Uncle Teddy Gang loves Bush's "Alien Policy"

4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The problem is that we can do it if we wanted to but, unfortunately, there are too many people in this country that won't let us do it. The radical left would rather increase the welfare rolls (and, hence, their own voter base) by giving illegals every break imaginable - things you and I would get arrested for like the privilege of not paying taxes.

5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +816 / 7 / -2

The radical left isn't the problem here. The problem here is entirely GOP. They control the House, the Senate, and Presidency, yet, they refuse to protect the border or kick out criminals. That's simply fact. The Luny left blows on this issue, but that is to be expected. The GOP, or a large enough part of it, is an embarassment on this issue. They did it once before in the 1980's with there "one time" Amnesty, and are again trying to impose another welfare amnesty bill on us. The lunatc lefties, the soulless if you will, don't want to touch the issue either since their support for Illegal criminals would ***** slap there role as "working man/union labor/African American" supporter.

The border should be sealed. Build a wall, an electric fence, use barbed wire, tanks, missles, even nukes if you have to, just seal it. Fine all employers who hire illegals. Fine them hard too. Make social services available only to those who PROVE citizenship. Invoice the nations who's illegals come here and cost us cash. TERMINATE THE ANCHOR BABY LAW IMMIDIATELY.

Once that is done, increase the amount of LEGAL & DOCUMENTED immigrants accordingly.

6. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I disagree that it is "entirely" the GOP, but there defintely are Republicans - including the President - that are complicit. If there's an immigration issue in Congress, and every single Democrat votes one way, it only takes a small handful of Republicans to cross party lines. IMHO, if 90% of Republicans vote to be tough on immigration, but 0% of Democrats, then the problem is with the Democrats.

I definitely agree there are some Republicans - including the President - that are an embarassment on this issue. Which is why I am hoping that Conservatives within the GOP can exert more influence on this issue.

7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

Immigrants entering America at the turn of the century through Ellis Island were detained and held if they had the Flu. (what would ACLU think)

What the hell has happened to this country?

Illegal Aliens are criminals and should be treated as such.

ARMED MILITARY WITH ORDERS "SHOOT TO KILL" THAT WILL STOP THEM.

THEN TELL THEM TO COME THROUGH THE FRONT DOOR AS OUR ANCESTORS DID (BUSH IS A LIBERAL DEMOCRAT ON ILLEGAL ALIENS) YOU LEFT WINGERS SHOULD LOVE HIM ON THIS ONE, WHY DON'T YOU GIVE HIM SOME OF YOUR MUSHY SLOBBERING CIVIL LIBERTIES EQUALITY BLESSINGS BULLSH!T?
    :bricks:

8. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

It's the economy, stupid.

Illegal immigrants = low wage workers, which help the rich get richer.

This is the G.O.P. at its finest (worst?).

9. Real World

Ratings:
    +816 / 7 / -2

There is some truth to that. Just as there is truth to Dems wanting them here so that they suck on social welfare and vote left. My issue with all of this is that the American people suffer. It's absolute BS. These sell-out politicians use slogans and stupidity to brainwash the majority of maroons in this country into supporting, or better yet, into defending their self-serving view. This argument that illegals are "only looking for a better life" is a slap in the face to Americans who are forced to pay for social costs. What about the lives of REAL citizens? How does their inclusion make my life better? We should be worrying about bettering actual american's lives first, and foreignors second. Furthermore, the labor argument is innacurate. The economy needs CHEAP labor, not ILLEGAL labor. Illegal labor is provided to employers at a discount by the taxpayers. Joe taxpayer pays the subsidy. It's a complete joke. I had one liberal idiot in another forum actually argue that expelling illegals would mean no more 99 cent lettuce. What a goon he was. He had no clue that the 99 cents I was paying for lettuce was costing me $50 a week out of my paycheck.

Politicians are complete idiot sell-outs on this subject. I can't quite comprehend it. They are each selling their souls to secure the growing latino vote. These clowns want to give free tuition to illegals, yet AMERICANS have to pay. My parents had to shell out 15 quid a year for my college education. Why the fugg should some foreign criminal get it for free? Complete, and utter lunacy. Sory Quigon, but in order to not allienate the latino vote, too large a swath of "republicans" are selling out for amnesty.

The liberal left makes me piuk on this subject, but I wasn't really expecting any different from them to begin with. Here in Mass, the luny left wants to send illegals to school for free, and give them drivers licenses. HA!

10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

Does anybody ever try to "sneak out" of America, has anybody from Alabama ever put a Banjo on their knee then paddled to Cuba on an inner tube?
    :bricks:

11. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +689 / 17 / -18

#24 Jersey

Not sure the part I bolded is the correct conclusion. It also keeps prices lower on food for the poor and middle class.

12. Real World

Ratings:
    +816 / 7 / -2

Exactly. Whereas paying a lower wage while still charging a high price undoubtedly makes companies, and corps, more money, low wages are a necessary element in our ecomony. The force behind "cheap" labor is that it keeps prices low, and inflation in check. If you had to pay $40 an hour to harvest fruit, or to make a burger at BK, then obvioulsy the consumer price of the related products would rise. Increased costs accross the board would thus result in an increase is non-related fields as the cost of living would subsequently increase. For example, Bob makes $5 an hour to flip a burger, the burger costs 99 cents. Bob is paid $50 to flip a burger, burger will now cost $9.99. If Sally has to pay $9.99 for her burger as opposed to 99 cents, Sally needs to make more money at her job, and therefore her company would have to charge more to support Sally's new salary. This is a simplistic example. It's why in our capitalist, quasi free market system, you need "cheap" labor. My issue with illegals, is that they are cheap to the employers, but are expensive to actual taxpaying citizens. They pay far less than they consume. Between the police, fire, judicial, executive, medical, and educational costs of illegals, we also pay a social cost as well. When Gonzales makes $8 an hour, but has 4 kids in public schools, we loose. Those kids cost about $10-13k a year to educate. How about Gonzalez's kids medical treatment? How about the social cost of having 4 kids that don't speak english in classrooms? That most certainly deteriorates the quality of that education for the other American students in the class. It's why all immigration has to be documented. You have to have guidlines in place with respect to who, and how many, you let in. We, our politicians really, are seriously dropping the ball on immigration. The sad part is, too many retards don't understand it.

13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +694 / 20 / -30

An easy erroneous answer to an extremely complex problem, during this time if a Republican House, Senate and White House I have not seen any great answers... blaming the so called radical left begs this issue big time, why don't you get your Republican Congressmen and women ( those not under indictment) to come up with an answer.

14. Real World

Ratings:
    +816 / 7 / -2

This guy and his friends get it. He is by far the most sane when it comes to illegal immigration. His name is Tom Tencredo and he is a Colorado Congressman.

Wish this guy would run for president, I'd vote for him.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2006/03/29/DI2006032901468.html

Tancredo Discusses Immigration Reform Bills

Colorado Representative Opposes Amnesty Proposal

Congressman Tom Tancredo
    (R-Colo.), 6th District
    Thursday, March 30, 2006; 3:30 PM

Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-Colo.) was online Thursday, March 30, at 3:30 p.m. ET to discuss his position on the immigration reform bills under consideration in Congress. Tancredo is chairman of the 92-member House Immigration Reform Caucus. He has advocated a major increase in border security spending, the hiring of more Border Patrol agents, and the building of a security barrier along the entire length of the border. Tancredo supported a bill passed by the House in December that would impose stiffer fines for employers who hire illegal aliens, add new mandatory minimum sentences for immigrant smugglers, and mandate automatic detention and deportation for immigrants caught crossing the border illegally. In addition the House bill would add mandatory sentences for illegal immigrants who re-renter the country after being deported. Tancredo opposes current Senate proposals that would implement a foreign guest worker program, broaden legal immigration, and provide amnesty to illegal aliens currently in the United States.