I'll start early this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
We need to switch to the 4-3.

Just ask yourself this simple question.

Who would you rather see on the field? Jarvis Green, or Montie Beisel (or any other linebacker not named Bruschi Vrabel or Colvin????).

It was this way last year, and even worse this year. I don't believe we have the linebackers to consistently play a 3-4 well.

Unfortunately, if last season is any indicator, we will play to our weakness and not play the 4-3. And like last year we will get 0 pass rush!

With a front four of Warren, Wilfork, Seymour and Green, this D could be dominant.

But it won't. Instead we will see a heavy dose of Beisel playing the wrong gap.

I actually think we're better off until Bruschi is back having two poor players trying to cover a small part of the field each vs. one poor player trying to cover a large part of the field.

I would seriously think about Vrabel and Bru in the middle and take our chances on the edge with Mincey or Woods :eek:

our personell dont fit 4-3 aswell..i mean Seymour is a 4-3 DT..as is Wilfork..as is Warren..they arent fast enough to be our primary pass rushers.

once Bruschi is back..it will be fine and theres no guranee Beisel starts at inside..could be

TBC-Vrabel-Bruschi-Colvin for all we know..could be something else if we add Posey or Claiborne

Sarge, it's just not that simple. The LBs would suffer even more playing the 4-3. It would be brutal as the Pats' main set. BBFan had it spot on.

pats1 said:
Sarge, it's just not that simple. The LBs would suffer even more playing the 4-3. It would be brutal as the Pats' main set. BBFan had it spot on.

I disagree, but of course that is what discussion boards are all about.

I think a front four of Warren Wilfork Seymour and Green would be tremendous against the run, and would cause a lot of presure against opposing qb all by itself.

In game 1 last season, when the Pats switched to a 4-3, they pressured Collins consistently only sending 4.

Dr. Z called it the most dominating front four he had seen in years.

SO I am going by what I have seen when it has been tried. And when it has been tried, it has looked incredible.

While neither Green nor Warren are outside speed rushers, they have both shown the ability to simply man handle blockers and get pressure quickly anyway.

Last edited:
Tough to gauge the defense considering they were without (arguably) their top 3 starters. Nonethless, the D-Line got PUNISHED by Atlanta last night. Overall, the defense looked pretty weak.

Maroney looks like the real deal. I cant remember the Pats having a back with that much speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes