PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'll just leave this here

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sad. Drew Bledsoe took a big hit and is out indefinitely. Honestly, I don't know what weapons they have with which to win a game.

Yeah poor Drew, if they only surrounded him with a team capable of winning it all who knows what he could have done.

Oh wait.

Hey, great thread...thanks! Fun reading. :rocker:

Classic! Even before his illness, you could always count on Dr. Z to do the most exhaustive analysis of any reporter and then miss the forest for the trees.

It's tragic what's happened to Zimmerman since 2008 (09?), but I thought he had lost a lot off his fastball and was saying some incomprehensible things well before the major stroke that felled him.

My prayers, especially at this holiday season, for peace for his family and friends, and a decent quality of life for him. God bless him.

Two weeks later:

Tom Brady? What's that you say, Tom Brady? A quarterback controversy, while Drew Bledsoe is mending? Too silly to even mention, ridiculous I say. What's the name again? Right, Tom Brady.

Week after that:...

I couldn't find an end of the season one but that was a fun trip down memory lane.

Wow, thanks for finding and posting those. Some nice writing. Right down to the Clausewitz reference.

man, I've sorely missed Dr. Z. I was a "Z" junkie and when he went down with a stroke I was shocked. I've always had him on my prayer list to get better and come back, though that's probably unlikely given the seriousness of his condition.

As to the trip down memory lane, it's even more amazing to those who've been wearing the laundry for awhile. I've been a fan for almost 4 decades now, and it's been quite a ride. The folks who missed those earlier decades really can't understand just how magical this past one is, and how wonderful it is to see the team be such a powerhouse for so long now.

I gotta agree with MoLewis... some of those complaining just haven't a clue as to how fortunate we all are to have this team.

Dr Z in his prime was as good a sportswriter as I have ever read. I hope he can return to a decent quality of life.

Props to P King who has hosted fundraisers for Dr Z and seems to have vsitied him often.

Another reason to give thanks tomorrow

Last edited:
Wasn't there an article around that time, maybe in the preseason, saying that the Patriots had the least chance of any NFL team to win a Super Bowl in the foreseeable future? I think I've seen it referenced here a few times, and I don't think it was Callaclown's "loserville" column.

Last edited:
Wasn't there an article around that time, maybe in the preseason, saying that the Patriots had the least chance of any NFL team to win a Super Bowl in the foreseeable future? I think I've seen it referenced here a few times, and I don't think it was Callaclown's "loserville" column.

Before the 2001 season, the late Joel Buschbaum in Pro Football Weekly wrote that he had polled a bunch of GMs and personnel men and asked which franchise was least likely to win a Super Bowl in the next five years. If I remember correctly, the unanimous choice was your New England Patriots.

Last edited:
remember this QB ... lifetime 62.2 ... :bricks:

panthers.gif
Carolina Panthers (1-1)
The bright spot is that Chris Weinke stayed cool and collected and remarkably poised for a rookie.

Well little did Dr. Z know that Weinke was going to throw 19 INT's in that his rookie year.

Last edited:
I remember felger saying the Pats wouldnt beat the Raiders, then he said they got lucky and no way beat Pitt in Pitt, wrong again, then he said no way they beat the greatest show on turf. Felger hasnt changed much but the Pats organization has.

Just enough weapons to win the game actually.

Funny, after the Bengals loss in week 1 I went on another message board and one comment I still remember to this day 'This team does just enough to lose the game'.

I always knew the potential was there with the talent base from those Parcells drafts, a wide open league, and a defensive mastermind as HC, but not like this. I figured a few changes, a few lucky bounces, smarter football could make this team a solid playoff contender year in year out like the Titans kind of at that time but never would've dreamed 3 super bowl titles, a 16-0 season and 4 AFC titles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey