PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'll give you Barwin; You give me Maualuga

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Let me trade 2a and 2c up to get Maualuga in the 14-18 range. Then I'll let you take Barwin with our #1. We can take one of the Safeties we like at 2b. Then we have our 3s and later for some OL, WR, etc.

I know we don't trade into next year but we then have Mayo/Maualuga/Bruschi/Guyton in the middle with Thomas/Barwin/Woods/Crable/Redd on the outside.

I know OLB has some questions but in the spot next to Mayo we have Bruschi who's about to retire (in a year) and Guyton who has a lot of proving to do. Unless Thomas moves back inside that's a bigger hole than the one that Woods, Crable and Redd will be competing for.

I could not have stated it better. I will take Maualuga at 23 and a safety at 34. Would be in heaven if Maualuga at 23 and Hood at 34-Probably a stretch-but you can only hope. Keep an eye on Julius Williams-UCONN-as a sleeper in round 4 or5-Stand-up OLB.

Let me trade 2a and 2c up to get Maualuga in the 14-18 range. Then I'll let you take Barwin with our #1.

If you can get a pick in that range for #34 & #58, more power to you. I'm guessing it would take 2a & 2b, though, and those are nifty picks in this draft pool.

My 3 top choices have not altered in a month:

Alex Mack-center-Cal.
Ziggy Hood-Dt-Missouri
Rey Maualuga-ILB-U.S.C

*I would say English would be a very good pick at 34.
*I think Pat's really like Will Moore-S-Missouri at 34 or 47
*If we could land Maualuga he would start right away. Hood would rotate for one year then take over for one of our contract guys.Mack will start in this league for several years-I really don't want Steelers to grab him at 32.

If you can get a pick in that range for #34 & #58, more power to you. I'm guessing it would take 2a & 2b, though, and those are nifty picks in this draft pool.

From my previous post:

#34 + #47 = #16
#34 + #58 = #19

:)

From my previous post:

#34 + #47 = #16
#34 + #58 = #19

:)

Yep -- then adjust values up a little tick for the extra contract year and I think it clearly has to be a + b for the range proposed. (Salaries are reasonable in the teens, so no counterbalancing money pressure downward.)

Last edited:
If Raji slips past Denver I'll trade 34 and 47 to move up and get him and then take Barwin at 23. Then I'll take a safety at 47 - hopefully Delmas. Then I'll dance.

I don't think I would take Maualuga at 23. I certainly wouldn't trade up for him. I think I would rather move Matthews inside if I were going with one of the USC backers for SILB - better athleticism and pass coverage ability.

So which trade partner are we really talking about?

14 - Saints - they have no 2nd rounder and need to fill a couple of defensive holes, so more picks would have to be attractive. Strong possibility.

15 - Texans - should to find value for their needs already at 15 & 46, less likely.

16 - Chargers - Looking for an RT, it doesn't pay to wait; looking for an RB there should be excellent value; they stand pat.

17 - Jets - umm...

18 - Broncos - Loaded with picks, total wild card. Possibility.

#23 + #58 would get us NO Saints #14 any intrest?? We would still have #34 and #47 to pick up a good safety and OL/DL who is avaliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back