PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'll admit i was wrong - Amendola didn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

English Patriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
He couldn't have been more useless in the title game. I don't know if he's hurt but honestly i don't care. I hold my hands up and admit i was wrong about Amendola being able to mask the Wes loss.

Edelman completely, completely overshadowed and outplayed him in the slot this year and deserves the cash that Danny has.

Let's see how he does with a healthy groin. He played with it hurt the entire season. Cut him next offseason if he doesn't turn it around. Re-sign Edelman and try to get Decker.

If he stays healthy, he will "work". Don't know what the odds of that are though.

I'd rather have Doug %#!?$&@ Gabriel over that scrub. Groin injuries don't make you drop pass after pass week after week.

If he stays healthy, he will "work". Don't know what the odds of that are though.

Wait. Did Amendola played today?

Seriously, I and many others believe this signing was a mistake. I guy with a HISTORY of injuries cannot be RELIED ON.

Even with the concussion that Welker received, he still played and CAN GET OPEN.

I'd dump Amendola, and use that $$ on someone more reliable and not injury prone.

Though, he did not lose this game. The game plan was awful.

Let's see how he does with a healthy groin. He played with it hurt the entire season. Cut him next offseason if he doesn't turn it around. Re-sign Edelman and try to get Decker.

Even if his groin was limiting him wouldn’t you expect a player that is as good as so many claim Amendola is to provide something? I don’t think a groin injury should take him from the next Wes Welker to someone with no receptions and 1 drop in the most important game of the season. Dobson is playing on a broken foot and contributed more today.

There was a certain point this season when Brady stopped looking at Amendola. At that point I knew he was done. There's no point of having him around, we have our slot go to guy with mini-tron

It was a horrible decision last year and still a horrible decision. Welker missed 6 weeks and still had 200 more receiving yards this year being the 3rd/4th option on the Broncos. Could have kept Welker for the SAME money. Amendola gave nothing. Another personnel blunder, par for the course of misses the past two years on offensive acquisitions.

By the way, people lose credibility trying to credit the current Broncos roster + success to someone who lost his last 16 straight games in Denver then led the worst offense in the NFL in St. Louis after that. That is like giving credit to Bobby Valentine for being so bad for why the Red Sox subsequently won the championship.

Austin Collie>>>

Brady6 won this debate.

Dobson played on a broken foot and did more than Amendola who injured his groin in week 1. It has been 133 days, 19 weeks and 4.4 months since Danny Amendola suffered that injury, during that time he sat out 4 games, had 2 bye weeks and was cared for by an NFL medical staff with the latest and greatest of medical technology if you really think that he caught zero footballs today because of that groin injury you’re really reaching, he caught zero because he is inconsistent, he cannot excel in every matchup, today he could not get open to save his life, he was going against a 35 year old Champ Bailey playing on a bad foot and couldn’t do anything. For him to do that on a field against the guy he was given a $31,000,000 contract to replace is embarrassing.

It was a horrible decision last year and still a horrible decision. Welker missed 6 weeks and still had 200 more receiving yards this year being the 3rd/4th option on the Broncos. Could have kept Welker for the SAME money. Amendola gave nothing. Another personnel blunder, par for the course of misses the past two years on offensive acquisitions.

By the way, people lose credibility trying to credit the current Broncos roster + success to someone who lost his last 16 straight games in Denver then led the worst offense in the NFL in St. Louis after that, is like giving credit for Bobby Valentine for being so bad for why the Red Sox subsequently won the championship.

Congrats maverick for your restraints for not actually blaming McDaniels by name. But of course everything is his fault. :rolleyes:

I think Amendola had a bad year, but I don't think Welker would have made a difference this year at all other than Talib might have played the entire game if Welker was on the Pats rather than the Broncos where he knocked Talib out of the game.

he either has very low pain threshold or incredibly fragile body, regardless you can't pencil him in to contribute next year

All the talk about how Welker dropped catches in big games, well at least he could get open to have a chance to drop them and he caught some passes.

By the way, people lose credibility trying to credit the current Broncos roster + success to someone who lost his last 16 straight games in Denver then led the worst offense in the NFL in St. Louis after that. That is like giving credit to Bobby Valentine for being so bad for why the Red Sox subsequently won the championship.

Welker missed 6 weeks?

Welker missed 6 games?

I think Amendola had a bad year, but I don't think Welker would have made a difference this year at all other than Talib might have played the entire game if Welker was on the Pats rather than the Broncos where he knocked Talib out of the game.

Are you kidding me right now Rob? Did you watch today’s game, how many times did we have a 3-2 or 3-3 that in years past Brady would have connect with Welker on? Amendola played most of the game and had 1 more drop than he did reception – 1 drop.

How many times have you pointed this out in the last hour?

Less times than you used the excuse that Amendola injured his groin in week 1 to justify his terrible play, actually I could post it 200 more times and I still would not have caught up.

Please tell me about how 2014 is going to be the year, how would not believe you I mean you’ve been so spot on with your expectations for Amendola so far.

No more ex-Rams and ex-Broncos connections please. Let Caserio do his job and only ask Belichick on the coaching staff for personnel opinions (draft, FA, trades).

Danny Amendola
Greg Salas
Tim Tebow
Brandon Lloyd
Michael Hoomanawanui
Kenbrell Thompson
Aaron Dobson
Josh Boyce
Zach Sudfeld

The list above should be proof enough that future personnel decisions shouldn't be influenced by asking the brains behind the studs above, who were brought in the past two seasons on offense.

Are you kidding me right now Rob? Did you watch today’s game, how many times did we have a 3-2 or 3-3 that in years past Brady would have connect with Welker on? Amendola played most of the game and had 1 more drop than he did reception – 1 drop.

First, Edelman replaced Welker and not Amendola. Edelman lines up in the slot more of the time.

Second, what this team was missing today was not another smaller inside receiver. When you are having Austin Collie running outside routes, you know that is what you are missing. Unless, Welker was going to run outside routes all day, he wasn't what was missing today.

Third, have you watched Welker this year. He looked old and slow, at least for him, and dropped the ball quite a bit. He was a great fourth option for Manning for much of this year, but he probably would have sucked in his old role with the Pats. He might have been a good complimentary back up like he was in Denver, but he would not have been a good starter anymore.

Did you watch today's game? I certainly did. I saw a defense that was flooding the middle of the field and forcing Brady to throw deeper. Welker wouldn't have helped there,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes