PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ILB McClain of Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ochmed Jones

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I got to sneek a peek of Alabama and they have a sophomore ILB McClain 6'4" and around 235 - 240 lbs. playing ILB down there and he looks like the real deal.
Appears to run good, hits like a hammer and looks like a workaholic. Some false steps (he's young) and coverage is spotty but he looks like a future beast.
I hope BB and Saban have patched things up.

Also Alabama has a true freshamn WR Julio Jones. Wow! although I do not usually pay attention to freshman, he looks like, he could be special.

In closing LOT Andre Smith. Great feet, impressive size, excellent pass blocker. JAG in the running game. A leaner who only gets movement if the defensive player is smaller and/or weaker.

One thing with ILB in our scheme is that they have to be good in coverage. I have mental images of Junior Seau running downfield with a releasing TE. What made Bruschi more effective and versatile than TJ, in their heyday, was the fact that he could step forward into a hole, or back into space, and be effective. It's one thing that Mayo has that makes him look so promising for us.

I like him much better than McCain of Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing