PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ILB Ded Harrington, Missouri

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Anyone know why this player may not get drafted? Is 6'3'', 248 lbs, ran a 4.68 at his pro day, a 4.28/6.9/35"/26reps. Very productive for several years. Injury free. Honorable mention all-Big 12. Played well against top competition. Seems like a sleeper 3-4 ILB.

Last edited:
Anyone know why this player may not get drafted? Is 6'3'', 248 lbs, ran a 4.68 at his pro day, a 4.28/6.9/35"/26reps. Very productive for several years. Injury free. Honorable mention all-Big 12. Played well against top competition. Seems like a sleeper 3-4 ILB.

I was looking at him a few weeks ago, but I thought Desmond Bishop made more sense for the Patriots. He is interesting, though.

Last edited:
I was looking at him a few weeks ago, but I thought Desmond Bishop made more sense for the Patriots. He is interesting, though.

IMO Bishop isn't athletic enough to draft. Maybe as a free agent. Harrington is athletic enough to draft. Which makes me wonder why he's so far down the list.

Last edited:
It must be something to do with his first name.

Yes, if he's Ded, what's he gonna do?

We already have a 'Ded' Harrington in the league...His first name is Joey :D

IMO Bishop isn't athletic enough to draft. Maybe as a free agent. Harrington is athletic enough to draft. Which makes me wonder why he's so far down the list.

Don't get too caught up in the workout numbers. They never give the full picture of a prospect. Both LBers are of a similar breed, two-down run stuffers, hard hitters and on-field leaders. Bishop has played against much higher competition, thus the higher draftboard ranking. Bishop has also shown more coverage skills than Harrington.

Harrington will be tough to jusge because he was playing against weaker competition. He is a 4 year starter, so he could make for a decent prospect. He looks like a solid special teamer, and if the stars align, he could windup a 2 down role player in somebodies LB rotation.

Don't get too caught up in the workout numbers. They never give the full picture of a prospect. Both LBers are of a similar breed, two-down run stuffers, hard hitters and on-field leaders. Bishop has played against much higher competition, thus the higher draftboard ranking. Bishop has also shown more coverage skills than Harrington.

Harrington will be tough to jusge because he was playing against weaker competition. He is a 4 year starter, so he could make for a decent prospect. He looks like a solid special teamer, and if the stars align, he could windup a 2 down role player in somebodies LB rotation.

Harrington played in the Big 12 v Texas, OK, Texas A&M, Nebraska et. al. The competition is equal. Workout numbers have meaning. it just depends how you use them. I like Bishop and going into this process I felt he was a sleeper draft pick for the Pats. I haven't finished sorting through everything but as of now for me Bishop is a high priority UDFA. But I agree that it is foolish to be carried away by workout numbers, especially when one applies them incorrectly..

his name is Dedrick Harrington

It is wierd, I was going through NFLDraftScout.com for about the 1,000,000 time and I saw his numbers. Seems like he is worth a 6th rounder, and could compete with Mays for the 10th LB spot.

At the beginning of the year, I thought this guy could be a great fit for the Pats. However after watching a few games, you see that he takes a ton of false steps, seems to lack instict and is not a physically dominating player. And from what I saw, he was a PT starter, splitting time and did not make many big plays and struggled to make the ordinary plays.

PS: I thought the SS on that team, might be worth a look, Overstreet, because he has NFL bloodlines, but I think Staley could outrun him in the 40, so that scared me away from him.

At the beginning of the year, I thought this guy could be a great fit for the Pats. However after watching a few games, you see that he takes a ton of false steps, seems to lack instict and is not a physically dominating player. And from what I saw, he was a PT starter, splitting time and did not make many big plays and struggled to make the ordinary plays.

PS: I thought the SS on that team, might be worth a look, Overstreet, because he has NFL bloodlines, but I think Staley could outrun him in the 40, so that scared me away from him.

Harrington made more plays than several prospects who are being considered for the 1st day. He also remained durable, another overlooked talent. The article above indicates he was not a part time player, but was integral in the nickel package as a senior. Harrington fits the profile of late round or undrafted prospects from other years some of whom went on to contribute in the NFL for years as key special teamers, and some of whom developed solid starting careers. His athleticism, size, production and durability warrant a look on day 2.

Last edited:
I don't know who wrote the article, but seeing is believing and if you watched any Mizzu games at all, you would clearly see Harrington taking entires series off, forget about just nickel downs.

Regardless I'm not saying that the Pats shouldn't consider him, but I'd be surprised if he ever made it off ST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes