PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ILB Brinkley of SC not 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ochmed Jones

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Although he played a lot early in the NC State game, it is apparent that his knee is not 100% yet.

I think we need to come back to him in November to see how he is doing.

He excites me just about as much as any ILB prospect I've seen in the last few years. Could probably lose 20 pounds and still hit like a freight-train. Would probably take some strain off that knee too.

He excites me just about as much as any ILB prospect I've seen in the last few years. Could probably lose 20 pounds and still hit like a freight-train. Would probably take some strain off that knee too.

For my money Rey Maualuga is the best ILB prospect I have ever seen for the Pats system. He will be a top 7 pick.

I liked Brinkley a lot last year and thought he had an outside shot at being a round 1 pick. I watched his first game this year and he is still clearly injured or has just lost it. At this point is is buyer be ware.

i watch him last game he is huge and a beast, he reminds me of Adaluis. He is very slow though, that could be his knee right now and he might get better as the season goes on. If he could drop 10-15 pounds and pick up some speed he would be devastating inside. He looks like hes 275 right now. Still he would look pretty nice next to Mayo inside next year on the strongside replacing Bruschi. :)

For my money Rey Maualuga is the best ILB prospect I have ever seen for the Pats system. He will be a top 7 pick.

I liked Brinkley a lot last year and thought he had an outside shot at being a round 1 pick. I watched his first game this year and he is still clearly injured or has just lost it. At this point is is buyer be ware.

The other day, I called Maualuga the next Ray Lewis. Rey is as good as any ILB/MLB prospect that has come through college since him.

Brinkley has me excited though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey