PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

IGNORE - Blew the Poll, Gonna Try again . . .

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Have the Defections affected the videos for you ?

• Big effect, I don't watch 3GtG that much and the thrill is gone.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Small effect. I still love to watch them but it's not quite the same.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Big effect. Those teams are long gone and it'll never feel the same.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
3GtG1, II, III for instance. With so many big plays by Vinatraitor. Branch. Givens. McGinest. Do you watch them as much as you would have the team stayed intact. Do they make you smile as much or has the money grab made it less exciting ?

Poll coming . . . Hold on

Last edited:
Re: Do the Defections Affect You Watching Videos ?

Absolutely not. I have enough perspective to realize that if I were a professional athlete, I would be trying to get as much in my ten years professionally as possible.

It is possible to watch the old videos and games, appreciate and respect those players for what they did, and also have no hard feelings because they left for money elsewhere.

This kind of stuff happens with normal people all the time, whether it be close school-mates who go on to other things, or moving away to pursue a better job opportunity, or changing companies for a raise or a promotion.

Only the disgust I have for Vinatieri and Branch. Vinatieri because he was the highest paid kicker in football for several years and then beating out of town without so much as a so long see ya later. Branch because it was a scumbag tactic to force the team to make him a free agent.

Somebody offered me a trade for Vinatieri in fantasy football and I didn't even want him.

I didn't like Willie's attitde when he left either, sounded like sour grapes to me. That really hurt because he was my favorite.

Givens didn't bother me, he made the most of his opportunity, played out his contract and made a big pay day, the honourable way.

Same with Anruzzi and any of the other players that left over the last few years.

Vinatieri and Branch and to a lesser extent Willie, leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Crap,you messed the poll up! ;)

I'm still in a funk about Jermaine Wiggins and J.R. Redmond. :(

Everyday is "laundry" day for this fan, bring on the next DVD!

I think I can stomach them again when we go deep into the playoffs and I catch Super Bowl fever. Now its a little early in the season and the DVDs do feel somewhat 'tainted' by our departures who left on not-so-generous terms. That '04 AFC title game against Pittsburgh will never be the same though.

I'm not sure what makes this year so different for some people.

Haven't we already experienced this with Bledsoe, Woody, Milloy, and Law? I still thoroughly enjoy watching the 2001 DVD, and watching those guys play well.

McGinest, Vinatieri, Givens, and Branch are pretty much the same situation, as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back