PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you were Mike Nolan would you coach the 49ers tonight?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should Mike Nolan coach tonight since his father passed away yesterday?

• He should respect his father and not coach the game tonight

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The Dads not even buried and Mike is coaching tonight,Right or Wrong?

Every situation is unique to the people involved, right for him, maybe wrong for others, maybe right for others. Now the funeral is over should he sit home and mourn? Getting back into the game maybe beneficial to him and also maybe soemthing he knows his father would have wanted him to do. It's his personal decision and he is doing it so it is right for him, not up to us to judge him IMHO

It's entirely up to him. His decision to coach leads me to believe Mike thinks his father would want him to coach, and that it may be his way of coping. Who knows?

I vote "I don't have an opinion either way," because it is a very personal decision.

BB coached the day after his father died. The dads probably would've wanted it that way.

I think he should coach tonight, in a suit, to Honor his father.

He should do what's right for him and his family, and we should respect that.

Every situation is unique to the people involved, right for him, maybe wrong for others, maybe right for others. Now the funeral is over should he sit home and mourn? Getting back into the game maybe beneficial to him and also maybe soemthing he knows his father would have wanted him to do. It's his personal decision and he is doing it so it is right for him, not up to us to judge him IMHO

Both of those things are true, I believe (which is why I won't vote).

But, for what it's worth, if you've ever had a relative with Alzheimer's, the loss comes gradually: you have probably done a lot of grieving before the physical end, which can really seem like a release -- you can finally remember the person at their best.

IMO it's disrespecful to question anyones actions re family deaths.

The decision is a very personal one and should not be questioned by anyone.

The decision is a very personal one and should not be questioned by anyone.

But, for what it's worth, if you've ever had a relative with Alzheimer's, the loss comes gradually: you have probably done a lot of grieving before the physical end, which can really seem like a release -- you can finally remember the person at their best.

Two excellent, thoughtful responses. Thank you both.

Both of those things are true, I believe (which is why I won't vote).

You are so right, Mike. My grandfather died of Alzheimer's two years ago and he hadn't been himself for years and years. It was almost a relief, really.

He might want to consider not coaching that team the rest of the year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back