PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you were in the Pats F.O. and were able to sign a Patriots Legend/Star ...........

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which Patriots legend in their prime would YOU add to the 2011 team?

• Andre Tippett

Votes: 45 60.0%
  • John Hannah

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Curtis Martin

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Corey Dillon

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Ty Law

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Stanley Morgan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bruce Armstrong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Randy Moss

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Adam Vinatieri

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Other Legend/Star (explain)

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If you were in the Pats F.O. and were able to sign a Patriots Legend/Star .......

No Bruschi/Harrison love? Guys who know how to win Super Bowls, and both killer combos of intangibles and tangibles.

Re: If you were in the Pats F.O. and were able to sign a Patriots Legend/Star .......

I voted Tippet but also imagine Mayo and Steve Nelson playing inside together.... OUCH!!!

1. Seymour is a HUGE omission
2. Tippett
3. Harrison

i said Tippett one of the best pass rushing OLB's to ever play the game but i have to say John Hannah at LG and Mankins at RG wow Brady would pass for over 5000 yerds

Mike Haynes

Didn't even need to think about it!

Andre would fill a HUGE need!

If you want to pick a player that best prolongs TFB's career, you have to go with Hannah. IIRC Martin wasn't the best at picking up the blitz.
Dillon was pretty good at it though.

Good point. How about we all agree that we want Tippett, Hannah and Martin and go have a beer!

Good point. How about we all agree that we want Tippett, Hannah and Martin and go have a beer!

Agreed. Cheers!:eat3:

For this team it would be Tippett.

Hands down....Andre Tippett. Smart, athletic, and nasty.

A prime Randy Moss is arguably the best receiver of all time. Can't pass that up.

Mike Haynes

Mike Haynes got my "other" vote.

I'd take him first.

Then Tippett.

I have a soft spot for Stanley Morgan and would have loved to see that guy playing with a top QB like Brady in today's NFL. I bet you he would rip through the league and be an All-Pro.

Mike Haynes got my "other" vote.

I'd take him first.

Then Tippett.

I have a soft spot for Stanley Morgan and would have loved to see that guy playing with a top QB like Brady in today's NFL. I bet you he would rip through the league and be an All-Pro.

Not to disrespect Grogan because he was my man back then but in today's NFL Stanley Morgan in his prime IMO would have about 1,300 yards and about 17 TDs with Brady throwing to him.

Hes not in my top 5, but assuming that he would get on the same page with Brady and the offense, Morgan would be a perrenial 1000 yd 10 TD receiver.

I don't see how, with the current deficiencies of this team, someone would select anyone other than Tippett.

No doubt Tippett. Absolutely no doubt.

BTW I loved Hannah like the rest of us but I can't imagine having a 265 pound guard playing in todays NFL. He'd have to bulk up a little. Or a whole lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back