PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If You Were Doc & Danny You Would ???

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Okay ... I haven't posted here in a bit but a passionate discussion last night with a friend brings me to this thread. Hopefully I can keep is brief and to the point.

We have 3 aged ... not aging but aged players. One of them Ray Allen is still performing at a high level and the other 2 are not but capable in stretches. So now we can go with this team to the stretch or we can bail before the trade deadline ... it is what it is.

Now I see a problem of egos and loyalty. In a perfect world here Brandon Bass would and should be a starter and either Garnett or Pierce should come off the bench. Position dictates that it should be Garnett however we need him for defense to help make up for our weakness at center.

So ... if I were Doc and Danny I would start the game with the 2 PF's Garnett and Bass in there with no SF on the floor. I would bring Pierce in off the bench. I have posted in the past that I always thought Pierce would become an SG as he aged due to the pounding he took when younger - remember all the hits he took? Pierce was afraid of nobody and we got to enjoy it.

Pierce becoming our 6th man brings our team to the next level ... that's how I see it. It was good enough for HOF'er McHale and it should be good enough for Pierce.

Bass - O'Neal - Garnett - Allen - Rondo

Wilcox - Stiemsma - Pierce - Dooling - Bradley

A bit radical ... but I believe it could work.

only question I have is whether Bass would know when to give up the rock, but other than that I like it

I would have not Traded the Second Best Rookie in the League Marshon Brooks for stupid DNP JaJa Juwan Johnson. Had a nice premier Two Guard for years to come and Traded him away for nothing. Time for Danny TO GO! way to set the Franchise back another 10 years.:rolleyes: I will Forgive Danny for this move poor Rondo...wasting away his career.

Last edited:
It was common knowledge the Celtics window of opportunity was close to closed in 2010. Danny has to have a plan for the next 2-3 years.

There is no choice to be made here, they have to blow this team up. There is no other alternative. Keep rondo, trade the big 3 and start over, it sucks but this is what happens and we all knew this was coming eventually. Better to trade KG, Ray ray and Pierce now and get something, then let them all retire or walk away in free agency. I would be shocked if "the big 3" are still on this team by seasons end.

There is no choice to be made here, they have to blow this team up. There is no other alternative. Keep rondo, trade the big 3 and start over, it sucks but this is what happens and we all knew this was coming eventually. Better to trade KG, Ray ray and Pierce now and get something, then let them all retire or walk away in free agency. I would be shocked if "the big 3" are still on this team by seasons end.

What he said. I wouldn't blow it up right now, but if we get closer to the deadline, and this team looks hopeless against quality opponents like it has, I blow it up. I trade Pierce, Garnett, and Allen, or anyone else outside of Rondo.

That all depends on what's being offered for them.

I'm very open to trading just about anyone - for the right price.

If the price isn't right I'd prefer to see some of the younger players learn the ropes from playing along side some great players for awhile longer. That counts for something in my book.

If the price isn't right I'd prefer to see some of the younger players learn the ropes from playing along side some great players for awhile longer. That counts for something in my book.
If You Were Doc & Danny You Would be conscious and consult a lot of experts so we want a broad perspective for best outcomes.

If You Were Doc & Danny You Would be conscious and consult a lot of experts so we want a broad perspective for best outcomes.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back