Welcome to PatsFans.com

If You Were A Serious Democratic Voter...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Dec 16, 2007.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

If you were a hard core democrat ... like the kind that used to pull the master lever back in the pre rigged :eek: computer machines. :cool:

Seriously for a minute ... because I have always spit my vote since I voted for the 1st time .. always dissaffiliating after every primary here in my the primary is the elections in my town.

Does this crop of candidates really inspire you?

Hillary and Obama two front runners who are seriously flawed.

I would not be too enthusiastic if I were a hard core donkey.
    I would be writing "is this the best we can do" letters to the DNC.
    Obama and Hillary ... be still my beating heart.
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'd become a Republican. Or at least vote that way for the presidency. Too, too flawed, as you say.

And, yes, your heart probably WOULD stop beating if either of them became president. Can you speak Chinese??

//
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  3. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

Who is the Republican front runner? If there isn't a front runner, I would say that they have a bunch of flawed candidates.
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Flawed, true. But unless I could say I was totally "un-flawed" I could not say that nobody was eligible. There are "less" flawed and perfectly acceptable candidates: Mitt Romney is the one I like the best so far. He is definitely not starched so tightly that he is already pinned into a mold, but he does seem to have a set of solid core family values, and that is the necessary starting point for any candidate I could support with any enthusiasm.

//
  5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Start your own freaking thread ... or answer the question.
    Scout .. you have the be the biggest thread hijacker of all time here.
    Always with the short retorts and very rarely ever responding to what was posted.

Are the 2 Republican leading candidates flawed .. of course they are. But the democrats have not
    controlled D.C. for 8 years now and I am sure desirous of getting it back ... thus they need a top candidate
    to get them there. The G.O.P. can win with aflawed candidate (see Bush) IMO the democrats cannot.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  6. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

Ah, someone get up on the wrong side of the bed today? WTF.
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I honestly think we have a superb crop, the best in a long time:
    - Edwards, who is running as a true anti-corporate populist. You should have heard him at the Iowa debate. It was very impressive.
    - Obama, who is running as an idealist in the spirit of Bobby Kennedy.
    - Hillary, who is running as a machine candidate, which gives her the best shot of winning.
    - Biden, who's obviously a real intellect and comes across as creative and fair-minded,

Those are four excellent candidates, and the others aren't bad either. The fact is Presidential candidates always have to appeal to a broad swatch of people, so Presidential candidates are always a compromise to some degree.
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +247 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

I've said all along that while the Republican group is, let's say, underwhelming - the Democrat group is too. They had sexy name appeal with an African American, a woman (a Clington), etc, but none of them seemed like great candidates when looked at on their own. The Democrat may well win. But while the Republican group makes you snarl and the Democrat group raises your eyebrows, the one on one matchups aren't nearly as intriguing as Democrats hoped.

Patters - "superb crop" ? LMAO.
  9. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'd be happy with any of them. Heck the only way I'll be real upset next November is if Huckabee wins. I can't handle a President that denies Evolution.
  10. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Where's The Food
  11. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Now ... here's a guy who can respond to a thread ... thank you.
  12. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

2 members who have checked in ... thanks. With all the B.S. in the media ... I figured who better to ask the question than people right here who consider themselves democrats ... no fluff here like the media.
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

:wha:

:woohoo:

<ACK! GAG! WOOF. >

Please, NEM, it's a good thing I don't drink my coffee near my nice clean laptop or I'd be draining the keyboard and sorting out the short-circuits right about now.

AlGore??? You must own shares in the tin-mining industry.

//
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well, you've got a [size=+2]BIG[/size] hill to climb in convincing more and more people in America that the Family is not *the* most important priority we have to save. Almost all crime, virtually all poverty, every single horror story (Columbine, recent craziness, from beatings on subways to shootings in malls) all stems from poor family relations and criminally deficient education of young people.

And it doesn't take a "preacher" to know this. Romney is every bit as good a politician as any in the field; he's proven that in Massachusetts and elsewhere (Denver Olympics Chief).

Romney would make an excellent United States president, for BOTH Democratic and Repub voters; independents, too.

//
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Does he deny evolution as taught today, or does he affirm creationism?? Original Darwinism did not specifically deny a Creator, but later adaptations posited an "accidental universe", a materialist view adopted by Marx, Engels, Freud, and many other "notable" 19th century figures.

Huckabee definitely believes in a God of creation, for sure, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is a literal 6000-year from the beginning to now believer.

//
  16. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Romney is a pretty rich kid, born to the breed, there are many things i do not like about him..

Did not do anything about the illegal immigrants who worked on his property, and now that is primary time did the predictable knee jerk reaction which is known to most of us as pandering.

Said his kids were serving the country while working on his election, kick in the teeth to all those who serve in combat.

Flip flopped on his stance on abortion, once he said he supported it, now he does not.. and trying to justify it under a variety of ways.

I do not think that his fixing the olympic games is a good primer for running the country, he replaced an absolute idiot, so to say he did a good job begs the issue.. he did what he was supposed to do.

Don't come back and talk about Clinton or anyone else, this is exclusively a response to Romney.. btw he did a good job in Mass when the economy was riding the big wave, not sure how much he is responsible as many states with an infrastructure favorable to technology did well also.
  17. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

I think he is seriously flawed also ... there are a few things I like about him but I don't think he connects with the average American.
  18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -8

Your right, none of them do anything for me but the thing that is helping them and will probably get one of them elected is Obama/Hillary.

The democrats still haven't learned.

:bricks:
  19. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

If he's elected he's gonna have 5 secretaries. Just think about that for a moment...

and they'll just do the secretarial stuff. He'll have valets and assistants and maids and butlers and drivers and cooks and every other thing for all the other things. The most sophisticated and lethal protective force in the world practically sharing his suit with him, every second of his life accounted for because his time is invaluable...

The average American would suffocate under all of that. So its for the best that the President can't connect with the people. If he could he wouldn't be able to handle the job. One of the biggest fallacies ever perpetrated by the Bush administration is that the shrub would be a great person to sit and have a beer with. I'd just about guarantee that Bush and the average American don't have a thing in common. No president ever does.
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

[size=+3] We need government based on the family model, not based on wealth, political "savvy", clever tricks, or any of that self-serving unimportant stuff. The family is the building block of the nation, any nation, all nations. We need true family values as our national code of ethics and conduct, and the model example of those ethics to stand as the head of the national family, a voluntary association of families, clans, and tribes. [/size]

//