Welcome to PatsFans.com

If you were a Congressperson, would you vote for the House health care plan?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Aug 13, 2009.

?

If you were a Congressperson, would you vote for the House health care plan?*

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. Abstain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +165 / 4 / -4

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I might vote for it out of spite for being assaulted in a town hall meeting.

If its like what you posted earlier. YES

This is from a White House email, and contains info that the White House is hoping to go viral in response to all the distortions and lies being pushed by insurance companies and their Republican allies. I'm curious to know what people find most objectionable, positive, dishonest, or noteworthy. (Note, I'm printing more than 4 sentences because this is not copyrighted and the email expressly encourages its distribution.)

8 ways reform provides security and stability to those with or without coverage
  3. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +82 / 5 / -9

#37 Jersey

Nope. Not as long as in included a public option and no tort reform.
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +178 / 5 / -22

One of the big issues is that there are actually 5 bills pending, so there is not actual pending vote...

I do however think I would vote for it, as a representative of the people of RI, they probably favor this bill more than others... my underlying concern is that many congressmen are responding to the lobbyists and insurance who are fueling this debate and not to the people.
  5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

So what you really want is universal health care that's not universal.

Why don't you strap on a set and admit that what you really want is to undo the fact that Obama won the election and that this is just the most effective way since its unlikely that you'll be able to bring him up on blowjob charges?
  6. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I actually can't really say for sure, I don't know the specifics. I certainly do want reform, but I'm not so sure how this solution works. So I didn't vote in the poll.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  7. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Scap it all, let everyone take care of themselves, and lean on family members if you can't afford it.

It will make families tighter, and more reliant, creating a stronger family unit, and a stronger community...

More importantly, it puts so much money back in our pockets, and puts your health care 100% in your control.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

NO
    I would like Obama to stand before the people without his Teleprompters and answer questions put to him by a few of these old "White Bastards" I would like to hear him tell us why people who can afford it come down from Canada to American Hospitals to have Colonoscopys and Heart Operations, I would like him to explain why those Politician Scum in Congress won't have the same Health Plan as the one they are trying to Push on the American People, why will Rat Face Specter have a different Health Plan than mine, I would like him to explain why this Bill has to be RUSHED through, I would like him to explain and tell me why if things are so bad in this country why does the drunken bum with 7 illegitimate kids who has never worked a day in his life and is on Medicaid get better health & dental care than I do.

Why won't This President put 5 Dems & 5 Repubs on prime time TV and let them explain this whole bill page by page to the American People, this Health Bill is one of the most important Changes in our society that the country has ever seen IT IS LIFE AND DEATH why does our President LIE (AARP never endorsed it) what other lies has he told us does he think he is just going flash his beautiful smile and we are all going to swallow his bullsh!t.

The "Sleeping Giant" is waking up Chicago Politics isn't going to work on this one, this one involves Life And Death.

After all the destructive, disgusting, violent Demonstrations that the Left Wing Liberal Democrats have put on over the last 50 years it Mind Boggling to hear them complain about some old White Wrinkled Americans "Yelling"

WE SHALL OVERCOME
    LET US PRAY
    FREE AT LAST FREE AT LAST THANK GOD ALMIGHTY I'M FREE AT LAST (he knew how to yell God rest his soul)
  9. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Didn't quite feel that way about the Patriot Act though or the hundred other things the shrub did? You were all for it when he had lobbyists writing the bills.

Sack up and own the fact that anything with Obama's name on gets an automatic thumbs down from your kind.
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

I didn't say anyhting about the Patriot Act because I agreed with it, like you agree with Obama....

Todays News:
    Aug 13, 2:29 PM (ET)

By ANNE FLAHERTY

WASHINGTON (AP) - Amid a boisterous debate on health care reform, people flooded members of Congress on Thursday with so many e-mails that they overloaded the House's primary Web site.

Technical support issued a warning to congressional staff that the site - - may be slow or unresponsive because of the large volume of e-mail being sent to members.United States House of Representatives, 111th Congress, 1st Session

Jeff Ventura, a spokesman for the House's chief administrative officer, which maintains the Web site, said traffic data was not available and could not be released without the lawmakers' consent.

But anecdotally, he said, the spike in e-mail volume was widely believed to be a result of the health care debate.

"It is clearly health care reform," Ventura said. "There's no doubt about it."
    My Way News - E-mails from public overload House Web site
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

Nope. This plan will (I think by design) make private insurance unaffordable for the average middle class citizen, like myself. It'll lead to a single payer system down the road. Hello rationed care. I'll pass thanks.
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

The "Yelling Old White Bastards" won this one, more to come.....

WASHINGTON – Key senators are excluding a provision on end-of-life care from health overhaul legislation after language in a House bill caused a furor.

Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa, top Republican on the Senate Finance Committee, said in a statement Thursday that the provision had been dropped from consideration because it could be misinterpreted or implemented incorrectly.
    Senators exclude end-of-life provision from bill - Yahoo! News
  13. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +82 / 5 / -9

#37 Jersey

Get ready for this.

14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

15. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

This is the worst idea I've ever heard. You're essentially guaranteeing more families either go bankrupt or die from their illnesses. Newsflash: buying in bulk gets you lower prices, creating the ability to get more people more affordable health care. That's how insurance works, and that's how nationalized health care works. Nationalized health care is well established to be cheaper.
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

Let Us Pray
  17. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Be sure and let us know when Massachusetts' UHC plan, the law you've been living under for the last 3 years, forces you to abandon your private insurance.
  18. Real World

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

I'm glad you mentioned Massachusetts' program. How's the cost treating ya? What were the projections, how are they playing out now, and where is the program headed? How many people who were covered, are covered no longer? I can think of half a dozen people I know, who no longer qualify for "affordable" care. Like me, they're stuck paying on their own. Great plan eh? Typical gubmit BS. Sounds great, promises the world, claims to be fiscally affordable, but is none of the above. In the end, it costs a middle class person like me more than before, cuz I still have to pay for my own (ever rising) insurance, and I gotta pay the gubmit extra somewhere else, to pay for the spiraling costs of it's failed program. But hey, this program made insurance more affordable! :rolleyes:

Nice!

19. Real World

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

BTW, this was a program put together by a Republican governor, and a Democratic legislature. There's no partisanism here. This is what you get when you do something, for the sake of doing something, or for political purposes.
  20. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

So what you said about a public option forcing private insurance out was bullschit then? Is that why you deflected toward recession induced woes that the entire world faces?

When is MA's public option going to take your private insurance away from you?
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009