PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you think we have the AFCE wrapped, think again

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I heard it and I've believed it, the Patriots have the AFC East locked. We should beat Buffalo. We should beat the Jest. We should beat the Fins.

So, that wil give us the tie breaker with all of them. But what if we lose to one of them? What if we lose to the Bears, Jags,Colts, Vikes and Jest?

I just looked at the Jest schedule. They are now 3-3. To my shock and amazment, they could finish the season 10-6 and that includes a loss to us. It's a very real possiblity. If they lose to the team that they should and beat the other lower tier teams on their schedule, they can be 10-6.

I don't think it will happen, but it's something to ponder.

It's Week 6, of course we don't have anything wrapped up. Duh. We could lose the rest of our games.

We will win the division though. The other teams just aren't that good, I don't care how easy their schedule might be.

PATSNUTme said:
I heard it and I've believed it, the Patriots have the AFC East locked. We should beat Buffalo. We should beat the Jest. We should beat the Fins.

So, that wil give us the tie breaker with all of them. But what if we lose to one of them? What if we lose to the Bears, Jags,Colts, Vikes and Jest?

I just looked at the Jest schedule. They are now 3-3. To my shock and amazment, they could finish the season 10-6 and that includes a loss to us. It's a very real possiblity. If they lose to the team that they should and beat the other lower tier teams on their schedule, they can be 10-6.

I've been driving the "NYJ will be better than people think" bandwagon, but even I think that people are getting a little carried away with them. They are 3-3, got smoked by Jax and probably should have lost yesterday had Miami known how to run a 2 minute drill.

They wll end up 8-8, maybe 9-7 and that should be considered a good season for them.

For all of those who want to make NE's division games out to be flukey, look at the Jets. They were killed by NE for 2.5 quarters and it took two plays that will never happen again to make it close, the Bills dominated their defense, but gave up a few big plays and lost, and Miami looked like the Air Coryell Chargers down the stretch.

I'm not worried about them in the least. Considering the fact that NE will win at least 2 of the games above, I see no reason to be.

OK, heres are the teams that they have a real possibility to beat: Det, Cleve, Hou,GB, Buff, Mia, Oak. That 7 possible wins.

Here are the teams that they should lose to: NE. Chi,Vikes.

I don't hink that they win beat all those teams. I'm just bringing up the reasonable possibility. We go 12-4 like I think, it's not an issue.

Would you prefer another, let's trade for Moss and Porter thread?

Last edited:
what if? what if? what if? what if?

Last edited:
MrBigglesWorth said:
what if? what if? what if? what if?

who do you think we should trade for Porter and Moss?

Last edited:
OK, let's say the Jets go 10-6. That means that we would have to go 6-5 over our remaining 11 games. The Jets would then need to win the game over us just to get into a tiebreaker. But, they already have 3 conferences losses to our 1.

I would say that we are in pretty good shape viz-a-viz the AFC East. Sorry to pour cold water on your cold water.

Every time we play a team, BB has the team thinking the coach is Vince Lombardi and the QB is Joe Montana.

They won't take anythng for granted... but the Jets do deserve credit for going 3-3 - better than I thought they'd be.

Nut, I was thinking the very same thing. Now, I'm a little pansy and I always expect the worst, but it is possible. I'll feel better with a few more games up on the Fins.

PATSNUTme said:
who do you think we should trade for Porter and Moss?
3rd at the most, especially since the pats gave one for starkes before. and the pats 3rd will most likely be a low pick, plus they'll get some comp picks.

I would do it because porter is low base salary and you can get rid of him if he doesn't work. I wouldn't touch moss becuase Oakland will never get rid of him for anything less than a #1 IMO. Moss is playing, Porter is taking up space and that team is rebuilding and could benefit from an extra pick.

The issue with porter is his attitude and you can't compare him with dillon. dillon is his own person and porter is his own person.

A big part of the "the division is over" view is that the other teams in the division are bad. You are correct, if the Jets magically transform into good than it is not over.

TomBrady'sGoat said:
A big part of the "the division is over" view is that the other teams in the division are bad. You are correct, if the Jets magically transform into good than it is not over.

I'm not saying that they will be transformed into good team. But, look at the 7 teams that I listed that remain on their schedule, isn't it possible that they could win those games?

TomBrady'sGoat said:
the jets do have an extremely week schedule ahead of them

With a bad team looking at their schedule usually doesn't get you so far because they still lose to crummier opponents. Look at Buffalo losing to Detroit and Washington losing to Tennessee.

If the Jets can take care of business against crappy teams then they'll have proven they don't belong at the bottom. I just don't see it happening.

PATSNUTme said:

That is why I was hoping Miami would win yesterday, but I think the Jets will finish 9-7

Patjew said:
Nut, I was thinking the very same thing. Now, I'm a little pansy and I always expect the worst, but it is possible. I'll feel better with a few more games up on the Fins.

See, I'm not so crazy afterall if a great mind like PJ is thinking the same thing.

Wait a minute. PJ is being banished to Hong Kong.

Never mind!:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back