PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you knew then what you know now back in the draft...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
In april's draft if you could have known what was going to transpire this season with Brady's injury and the OL line troubles and the secondary in shambles would you still take Jerod Mayo as your first pick or for that matter any round 1 linebacker at #7 ? or would you have maybe looked at a QB like Flacco who is a starter now or maybe a CB?

I wonder if BB would have waited till round 2 for a LB and picked another player after he saw Cassel stink up the field and O'Neal getting picked on like he was Phillip River's b!tch

Although I am glad Mayo was selected but I just wonder if BB was able to go back in time and possibly change things would it have remained as Mayo the number 1 pick for NE?

Re: If you knew then what you know now back in the draft.....

Without Mayo in the middle our LB corps would be super slow and we'd be getting exposed there.

Joe Flacco is the answer. Cassel is our best shot after Brady, been in the system 4 years, and O'Connell looks like he has potential down the road.

Actually, our first few picks we addressed ILB, QB, CB, which we needed.

I would have preferred to grab a RT or TE with one of those CB picks, but oh well.

Re: If you knew then what you know now back in the draft.....

I just wonder if BB was able to go back in time and possibly change things

I'm reasonably sure he can't.

Joe Flacco would have been a monumental waste of a pick, even had BB known the future. You don't spend a first on someone you expect to sit at least three out of the next four years, just as insurance.

Not to mention, Flacco isn't looking like the second coming of Joe Montana. 1 TD vs 7 INTs? That's much worse than Cassel! Flacco supposedly has the starting job for the rest of the season, but I really wonder if the Ravens are willing to write this season off so early, or will instead bench him (maybe using a minor injury as a face-saving excuse).

No, given the ability to predict the future, BB would have brought in a veteran QB in time to participate in all offseason camps and learn the system. That's the only logical approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back