PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you had to kickoff to the Pats, what would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Seeing Hobbs ripping upfield this weekend makes me wonder . . . if you were a coach advising your kicker on how to kick off to the Pats, what would you do? Would you rather take your chances on Hobbs or on Maroney?

And, come to think of it--going forward, what would you like to see happen at KR?

I'd probably try for the squib kick,Get that thing bouncing as much As i possibly could..

I would either kick it to the guy with the cast on his hand or the guy who committed a crippling fumble on a KR in the playoffs last year. Oh, that's the same guy!

You don't really have a choice. Terrence McGee was the best kickoff return guy in the NFL but teams still had to kick it to him. The only other option is to kick it out of bounds and take it at the 40, or hope you can kick it far enough for a touchback, which does not always happen. The same thing is happening now with Devin Hester. You can avoid him on punts but on kickoffs you just have to kick it to him and hope for the best.

Well, considering this unit only has one TD and only a few longer than 40 yards I'm not sure you'd do much more than emphasize your kick protection groups in practice. I mean, it's not like we've got Devin Hester back there where you'd have to worry about a score on every kick.

I would either kick it to the guy with the cast on his hand or the guy who committed a crippling fumble on a KR in the playoffs last year. Oh, that's the same guy!

I forgot that Devin Hester has never fumbled, either. Oh, wait. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes