Welcome to PatsFans.com

If you had to join a team, which team would you join?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Dec 19, 2009.

?

If you had to join a team, which team would you join?

1. Conservative

80.0%
  2. Liberal

20.0%
  1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +353 / 15 / -12

Posted this awhile ago. I think it gives a good sense as to what the current political balance in the forum is. Your usernames will appear.

The reason there are no other options is because I think everyone in this forum has at least a slight leaning one way or the other.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +446 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Re: If you had to join a teaml, which team would you join?

I wouldn't "Join" either of these teams, so I didnt vote. It's hypothetical but unrealistic proposition because no one will ever have to make this choice.

Why did you make up such a FANTASY thread/poll?

3. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

:agree: What PR said. Although, I'm firmly conservative enough to vote, even I have crossover issues. Moderates ind indy even more so. I know many people that bat for "both teams" ;)

4. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I have to agree with Patriot and NY. Members are constantly called names here, neo-cons and liberals! But the fact of the matter is, many members would vote against party line platforms or cross party lines to vote for a candidate that may not be affiliated.

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +817 / 2 / -9

Voted Conservative after thoughtfully thinking and after realizing that people like Hollywood, Kennedy's, Pelosi, Reid, Pant Suit Hillary, Fonda Kerry, Mush Mouth Matthews, Queen Oprah, The View (all but one) Bill Ayers, Obama, Smiley Schumer, after realizing that these bastards are all Liberals there is no way in hell I want to be associated with them.

I GUESS I AM A NEO CON (i used to be a democrat until the loons took over)

6. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +446 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Had you included 2 additional choices;

Democrat/moderate
    Republican/moderate

I would have voted.

To me, "Middle of the Road" is the only place to be! I prefer our congress to also be in the Mainstream as well.

I do NOT want to see our country move to the right or to the left. I like baby steps and I think it's the only sensible way for a country to change & adapt.

You do not propose huge, sweeping changes for a country of 300+ million people.

Proposal #1...make it illegal for illegal aliens to protest. WTF do we allow them to complain about anything when they're here uninvited? Who REALLY cares what they have to say? Even you Patters would prolly support such a bill.

7. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I was not going to vote. Reading your post Harry and thinking about all those lunatics you listed that I despise convinced me. Even though I despise many on the far right, it's nothing compared to my despise for the far left. I consider of myself a moderate with a conservative leaning. Compared to how far left the Dems have gone, I guess I'm now considered a hard core conservative.

8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +353 / 15 / -12

But the question is, If you HAD TO pick a team. Of course, many people would choose moderate, but that's intentionally not a choice. Every four years, most of us feel we have to pick a team. You did too.

9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +817 / 2 / -9

Today when voting or supporting one has to choose what they see as "The Best Of A Bad Lot"

I would like to see a third party but I am afraid that if one were to be created what we would have is "Three Stinking Party's" there are very few honest decent politicians, usually the Honest Decent Politician never gets out of City Hall, the old saying "good guys finish last"

HOLD YOUR NOSE WHEN VOTING

10. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Well, I know the [left wing zealots] here make me look conservative. And if the country was like the government and school employees we have in this forum I guess I would be conservative. But, conservatives lose me with a lot of their arguments starting with religion. Which I believe to be about two things money and control. Much like Obama. Which is no surprise people are devoted to him and his party as if it were a religion. I subscribe to no party. I dislike both major parties and if I were to align with any it would be libertarian. I want as little government as possible. I also want to protect this country. Which is something I truly believe the left has moved away from since JFK. So I guess conservative is the frying pan and liberal is the fire. :confused2:

11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +662 / 7 / -2

This thread is dumb, but I voted (fiscally) conservative, since we can all see how destructive the massive expanse of government, over the last few decades, has been. IMO we really haven't had a fiscally sane gubmit in my lifetime. All the next group does, is double down on the fiscal insanity of the previous ly elected criminals. Eventually there won't be any trees left to print monopoly money on.

12. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Conservatives are still strong while democrats are loosing ground. When i was a conservative, i'll be forever one.

13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +817 / 2 / -9

I'm so glad, oh happy days, praise our Lord, thank you Jesus H Christ, It Gives Me A Thrill On Mocking Bird Hill, the democrats have all the power, they have their a$s hole in the White House and they control everything else, now they are going nuts with all their power and they are self destructing, they are going down the toilet like sh!t through a tin horn, when the big elections roll around not one of them will have their jobs, the democrats won't see this kind of power again for a 100 years God I wish Uncle Teddy could see it.
    CHRIST WAS BORN IN BETHLEHAM SURROUNDED BY SHEEP SH!T IN A BARN

Merry CHRISTmas

14. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,370 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Right now it looks like the liberal team can play doubles tennis or ping pong.

Conservatives have enough for a football offense / defense with 3 subs, 2 if NEP goes to the practice squad.

15. MrSparkle

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

16. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,370 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Oh ... he did that when he was a lurker or the lurker ... :p:p:p

17. MrSparkle

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Click my link :eek:

18. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,370 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

:rofl: ... "Onlooker" ... but of course ... ;)

19. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I chose conservative. I hold opinions that range from liberal to libertarian, however. I just choose it because I lean that way more often than not.

20. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Awhile back I said I didn't even know what I was anymore. I used to be fiscally conservative but socially more liberal-leaning (knowing of course the two cannot possibly co-exist lol) but lately? I'm feeling more and more protective of my rights, I'm definitely feeling more protective of my money, and I'm feeling less and less connected to what's being paraded out there as "liberal" which is in fact more neo-liberalism than anything I can personally identify with.

And no way am I a political kool-aid drinker; I'm equally as in fear for this country now under Obama as I was under Bush. What does that make me, liberal or conservative? Politically I'm completely disengaged from any party because I really don't think there's any true distinction anymore and probably hasn't been for a long time.

Given these extraordinary times I find my values hunkering down so to speak, does that mean I'm becoming more conservative?

As far as this board goes there's about 3-4 people who seem like rational, thinking individuals. Some are so far out there on either end of the spectrum, some are just so steadfast in their politics that they support any President as long as he/she represents their party,some just like to argue, so this forum isn't the best barometer to use when trying to define oneself as you somehow then risk "aligning yourself" with certain posters. This forum tends to use a very broad brush ;)