PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you had to choose...

Status
Not open for further replies.

miDeuce

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I think most would agree we need a young defensive playmaker. Most mock drafts have us taking either an OLB or a CB. So I ask what do you prefer - a Dangel Hall/Cromartie type corner? Or a Shaun Meriman type OLB? (I'm talking dream scenario of course where the guy comes in and starts)

Personally I'd like to see a stud CB. We are so thin there it's scary. As Beyonce would say, we could really use an UPGRADE there.

The Demarcus Ware, Kamberon Wimberly, Terrel Suggs freak, a excellent pass rush makes up for a lack of strength in the secondary.
I would love to get 3 new linebackers to fit in the rotation one way or another next season.
We really have gotten by without elite cornerbacks and good corners are alot easier to find, than elite pass rushers.

The pass-rusher. Those guys can wreck games and can make up for somewhat of a suspect secondary.

Also, the way the rules are now, unless you are getting a true shutdown corner, a Hall of Fame type, I think you can find that production level later on in the draft.

Stop the run, rush the passer. We can do the first part, now we have to do the 2nd part better.

i agree with whats been said so far. a good pass rush makes the cb's job a lot easier.

our pass rush was good, but a bit inconsistent

Long term, I'd rather have the OLB who's a beast in pass rush, but I'm not sure that fits either:

A) The current needs of this team
B) What's available in the draft.

I think if Asante is gone that CB is the clear priority, and a linebacker is a distant second place. Assuming Asante is not a Patriot, if the top pick is anything other than a corner I will be sorely disappointed.

Last edited:
The pass-rusher. Those guys can wreck games and can make up for somewhat of a suspect secondary.

Also, the way the rules are now, unless you are getting a true shutdown corner, a Hall of Fame type, I think you can find that production level later on in the draft.

Stop the run, rush the passer. We can do the first part, now we have to do the 2nd part better.

I couldn't agree more. Excellent point about secondary rules effecting performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes