PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you could play in the NFL....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots4Ever

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
What position would you play and why? I think I would like to play cornerback.Its a pretty fast paced position that is similiar to dancing.I love to dance so I think this would be pretty cool.That,And Picking off a quarterback on a game tying drive and taking it back to the house for a score would be pretty darn exciting.

Patriots4Ever said:
What position would you play and why? I think I would like to play cornerback.Its a pretty fast paced position that is similiar to dancing.I love to dance so I think this would be pretty cool.That,And Picking off a quarterback on a game tying drive and taking it back to the house for a score would be pretty darn exciting.

Placekicker. Practices are a snap. Get paid a lot of money for a few seconds work. Get to be a hero often. I perform extremely well under pressure. And I wouldn't even have to stay in shape.

Last edited:
lol.Nice Logic Dryheat.I like that...

Definitely Safety! I'd love to knock the smirk off some of these divas. :rocker:

Last edited:
Longsnapper. You can play forever, you're never in the spotlight, and as long as you snap the ball well you'll get paid. Look at Mike Bartrum, he's pushing 40 and probably still making 750 grand a year plus bonuses to play a few plays a game.

Punter. No one expects much from you. You don't have to work out too hard. Theres no pressure like there is for kicker. You can play forever. You still get paid good money. You get to wear the cool one-bar helmets. If you flop when someone gets near you and you draw a penalty, you're a hero.

I run every day and still am 240 lbs at 6 3 .Am a engineering major so might use the grey mattar a bit.... so probabily ILB in a 3-4 i would imaging or TE as i can run a bit.

Last edited:
FSUPatsFan said:
Punter. No one expects much from you. You don't have to work out too hard. Theres no pressure like there is for kicker. You can play forever. You still get paid good money. You get to wear the cool one-bar helmets. If you flop when someone gets near you and you draw a penalty, you're a hero.

Well, that one punter does/did, but that was a grandfather clause (like Craig MacTavish, who continued to play without a helmet); unfortunately, new punters have to wear the new helmets.

But, hey, I wouldn't mind being Josh Miller, either--$810K for a few kicks and holding for the Ghost; better still, every now and then, Belichick will pull a trick play and save me the work. Better still, if the O's clicking on all cylinders, all I have to do is hold, and I still get $50K a week. :D

[Although, come to think of it, I'd be afraid of an errant kick whacking my hand while holding. . . .]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back