Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which would you rather see from the Pats?

• Stingiest D ever

Votes: 55 78.6%
  • Most prolific O ever

Votes: 15 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If you could only choose one . . .

I would normally go D here, but feel we already have that nasty 'tude defense. What I want at this point in time is a scorching offense to solidify Brady as the best QB ever and to smash Pay-a-tons ego to bits.

Agree 100% on this....Most times I would also want a defense first but for 1 year I would like to see Brady throw for 4500 yards and 40 TD's....

Just to shut the idiots up.

And I think the defense is already there....:eek:

Obviously stingiest D.

I think Gost could kick one field goal a game even if it's in triple overtime.:rolleyes:

Agree 100% on this....Most times I would also want a defense first but for 1 year I would like to see Brady throw for 4500 yards and 40 TD's....

And I think the defense is already there....:eek:

Why stop at 4500. Let's go for the record. 5000+ :D
That would earn a League MVP.

Why stop at 4500. Let's go for the record. 5000+ :D
That would earn a League MVP.

I didnt want to be greedy.....:D

Marino only has his records he has no rings....:eek:

DEFENSE!

With the stingiest D ever (I am assuming this means that they cause turnovers too) the D could win every game for you whereas the O couldn't. The D could cause turnovers and score points while not letting the opposing offense a score. Whereas an O can't stop the other team from scoring and could possibly lose to a very good ball hawking D that gets points for them while their O has chance to score everytime as well. Even the most prolific O in the league loses their share of games due to their inability to stop anyone when their D is out there.

If they had the stingiest Defense ever or the best offense ever it really wouldn't matter too much about the other side of the ball being average. If the defense is better than the '85 Bears, then the offense doesn't need to be anything more than average. The same goes for the offense. If it's the best ever, the other side of the ball doesn't need to light the world on fire. It comes more down to what legacy you'd want for the team.

Thats a good way to put it.

defense defense defense

Defense.

No question.

If we were talking about the Browns or Texans I would say D but NE already has a legacy of being a great defensive team and BB receives most of the credit for that. So I say scoring 550 points during the season would be awsome. Not quick strike, not pass first. Just score points. Even if the D does it some of the time. They would be reguarded as the best ever because of their prior legacy.

Postseason averages for Pats:

TOTAL POINTS
2001-20.0
2003-24.1
2004-28.3
2005-20.5
2006-31.7

TOTAL POINTS ALLOWED
2001-15.7
2003-19.0
2004-17.0
2005-15.0
2006-25.0

Only twice did we have an offense that could be described as "prolific" and we only won the SB once in those 2 years.

Four times have we had a stingy D in the playoffs, and 3 times we took home the Lombardi. The one time we had a less-than-stellar D, no Lombardi.

I'll take a stingy D, please.

I could've picked either one until I saw this post. For every other sport you'd almost certainly go with offense, but in football, the cliché is true, defense wins championships.

As much as I like the Offense... gotta go with the Big Defense.. right now we are a very impressive team, the brilliance of BB and Peas will show this year.. and this, if we remain reasonably healthy, will be a benchmark year for the D. It will be a Defense that will be remembered for a long time.

I pick most prolific offence ever. :)

Done and done. And then some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back