PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you could meet any athlete...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
who would you wanna meet? any sport... only one..

Chris said:

Living, Tom Brady
Dead, Ted Williams

ALI in his prime.....

Jenny Finch, I'm dure Brady is a great guy...but Jenny is more my style.

Thumbs up to...

Bobby Orr - the best hockey player ever.

He's also a great person from what I hear.

Have a dinner round table..

Carl Yaztremski
Bill Belichick
Tom Brady
Larry Bird

Chris said:
Who would I WANT to meet? Belichick first. For crying out loud, I'd give up my left testicle to pick his brain for 5 minutes. But he's not really known as an 'athelete', so that probably doesn't count. So I guess, Brady, Montana, and Lance Armstrong would be close behind on my list.

While I never would have put
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Muhammad Ali on that list before meeting him, I'll tell you that talking with him is singularly one of the most memorable moments in my life.

That man is amazing, and I'll never forget the few minutes I was able to spend with him. I could barely understand him, and was scared to death that I would offend him by not understanding the joke he was telling me while hanging on to my arm in the lobby of a Louisville radio station. But his friend or agent that was with him translated for him in my ear, and I had to laugh genuinely once I understood the joke. The second that he saw me laughing at his joke, he squeezed my arm even harder and forced a smile while looking straight in my eyes.

Never for the life of me will I forget that very moment.

[/font]

Last edited:
About 6 years ago where I worked had an event that featured Jim Brown, my all time NFL hero, and BB came along. Unfortunately, even though I shook his hand I did not get BB's autograph. He was wearing the plainest, most unassuming green suit I have ever seen.

I did get my pix with JB and he signed a football for me. Probably the greatest day of work for me. Never forgot what Jim Brown said, "If Michael Jordan did as much for the community as BB did, the world would be a much different place(sic)."

old 55 said:
Bobby Orr - the best hockey player ever.

He's also a great person from what I hear.

I'll 2nd that motion. Agree on both points.

US Ice Dancer Tanitha Belbin.....seriously.

246x422_belbin.jpg

Athelete - without question Bill Russell. I loved the guy. Ultimate unselfish competitor, smart and funny.

Non-athelete but sports connected - Bill Belichick, to see if he's as intelligent as I.

(sadly, I took ice dancing off the page as a sport)

I've met Belichick before (granted only for 5 minutes)

I would love to get to meet Bruschi, I mean that guy must have more will and desire than anyone I can think of

Bill Russell, no question

Chris said:
as for femalse, katarina witt, hands down

Last edited:
PatsWickedPissah said:
Haha...you can call it whatever you want. All I know is she's hot! My actual athlete that I'd like to meet otherwise would be Brady.

ice skaters no athletes?

PatsWickedPissah said:
Athelete - without question Bill Russell. I loved the guy. Ultimate unselfish competitor, smart and funny.

Non-athelete but sports connected - Bill Belichick, to see if he's as intelligent as I.

laugh but i've been facinated for a long time---martina navratilova.
am sure it'll be dinner, will be home early.

GJAJ15 said:
Never forgot what Jim Brown said, "If Michael Jordan did as much for the community as BB did, the world would be a much different place(sic)."

No kidding, Jim Brown said that about Bill Belichick? Brown was my first favorite player because he ran with the football like no other runner before or since. The most exciting player at any position in the last 50 years, including Jerry Rice. I'd most like to meet Tom Brady, because he's such an upstanding individual, as well as the leader of my favorite team.

Tiger Woods.

hands town Ali.

btw, sorry no posts have come from my way lately - been really busy :p

Bruschi.

Followed closely by Brady.

I'd be too afraid to meet Belichick.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Who would I WANT to meet? Belichick first. For crying out loud, I'd give up my left testicle to pick his brain for 5 minutes. But he's not really known as an 'athelete', so that probably doesn't count. So I guess, Brady, Montana, and Lance Armstrong would be close behind on my list.

While I never would have put
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Muhammad Ali on that list before meeting him, I'll tell you that talking with him is singularly one of the most memorable moments in my life.

That man is amazing, and I'll never forget the few minutes I was able to spend with him. I could barely understand him, and was scared to death that I would offend him by not understanding the joke he was telling me while hanging on to my arm in the lobby of a Louisville radio station. But his friend or agent that was with him translated for him in my ear, and I had to laugh genuinely once I understood the joke. The second that he saw me laughing at his joke, he squeezed my arm even harder and forced a smile while looking straight in my eyes.

Never for the life of me will I forget that very moment.

[/font]

Please recap the joke for us.....I have heard he is quite magnanimous. Please do not hit me with his military status, that was along time ago and he stuck with his beliefs ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back