PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you could choose any player to add to the Pats roster, who would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If you could choose any player...

Agree with Ware. Dude is a beast. Another name I haven't seen mentioned is Mario Williams.

All time well that's easy. Randy Moss :)

Our offense is good enough.

On defense : Ngata - this Suh love is insane...against SF i saw Gore break out a 40 yarder because Suh was moved out of position, Lions 26th in run defense giving up like 130 a game. Ngata run stuffing monster who can collapse the pocket even with double teams. Defense is instantly improved on every level. Seems very durable.

Healthy James Harrison - his attitude,nasty streak,toughness would be an awesome upgrade at OLB.

Reed - best safety in the game

Revis - best CB in the game.

Last edited:

Reed's 33 years old. There's no way I choose him over Suh or Revis. If Berry hadn't gotten injured, he'd have been in front of Reed.

Reed's 33 years old. There's no way I choose him over Suh or Revis. If Berry hadn't gotten injured, he'd have been in front of Reed.

You're seriously not saying Berry is better than Reed right now? He is a top safety but what the hell has he done compared to Reed. If we're talking a one year period and both guys stay healthy i'd still take a 33 year old Reed.

Really?

You would take a 2nd year safety whose rookie season wasn't any better than the season McCourty had over Ed Reed, the best Safety in the last 10 years?

Really?

You would take a 2nd year safety whose rookie season wasn't any better than the season McCourty had over Ed Reed, the best Safety in the last 10 years?

It shouldn"t be that controversial. Guys like Reed and Harrison are on the downside of their careers. If you're going to pick a player you're going to want someone who can perform at a high level longer than a year or two.

You're seriously not saying Berry is better than Reed right now? He is a top safety but what the hell has he done compared to Reed. If we're talking a one year period and both guys stay healthy i'd still take a 33 year old Reed.

Really?

I'm saying that if I'm choosing players to add to the team, and I'm just adding (not trading away players or picks, in other words) I'm taking the guy with 10+ years of All Pro game ahead of him over the guy with 2+ years of All Pro game ahead of him. Suh has the talent to be the best 4-3 D-lineman in the game, C. Johnson is young and is the best WR in the game, Revis is young and is one of the two best CBs in the game, and Berry was on pace to be the next #1 safety.

Justin Tuck

Surprised that theres no love for Patrick Willis. The guy is young and shaping up to be the next Ray Lewis but the most humble player I know.

Mayo and Willis play the exact same position. Willis just plays it a bit better. The biggest area of upgrade is on defense at Safety or DE (being that we're running a 4-3 this year). As much as I love Ed Reed I'd go for youth at Safety and get Eric Berry. Same goes for 4-3 DE, get Justin Tuck. If we were in a 3-4 though it's a no brainer - DeMarcus Ware.

1. Suh
2. Ware
3. Revis

In that order.

Mayo and Willis play the exact same position. Willis just plays it a bit better. The biggest area of upgrade is on defense at Safety or DE (being that we're running a 4-3 this year). As much as I love Ed Reed I'd go for youth at Safety and get Eric Berry. Same goes for 4-3 DE, get Justin Tuck. If we were in a 3-4 though it's a no brainer - DeMarcus Ware.

Not bad picks. I'd take Trent Cole over Tuck. Hell, I'd probably take JPP over Tuck.

It's a shame Justin Smith is 32 years old. One of the most underrated players in the league.

1. Suh
2. Ware
3. Revis

In that order.

then what?...trust the offense to a repugnantly crippled emotional dwarf like Mirk Sanchest?

Demarcus Ware
Darrell Revis
Ndamukin Suh

Calvin Johnson
Frank Gore

Andrew Luck.

Would be worth a ridiculous amount of trade picks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back