PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you could ask Santa for a gift pertaining to the Patriots, what would it be?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What Patriots gift would you ask Santa for?

• To make sure Brady is 100% healthy next season

Votes: 33 32.4%
  • To win the Super Bowl THIS season

Votes: 55 53.9%
  • For Eric Mangini to get fired and not rehired elsewhere

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • For a great 2009 draft that will produce several good players

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Something else (Discuss)

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Only one request per the poll to follow .....

Re: If you could ask Santa for a gift pertaining to the Patriots,what would it be?

A Super Bowl.....

Re: If you could ask Santa for a gift pertaining to the Patriots,what would it be?

There's gonna be a poll? Bet what I want won't be on there. :D

Only one request per the poll to follow .....

Three (or 4) games to glory 2008 DVD :)...............I actually want a Steve Grogan or Steve Nelson throwback jersey ! Saw a Grogan one @ Fat Tony's when I was up in Boston.

That the Cassel family find comfort and solace during this holiday season.

Three (or 4) games to glory 2008 DVD :)...............I actually want a Steve Grogan or Steve Nelson throwback jersey ! Saw a Grogan one @ Fat Tony's when I was up in Boston.

Well that may be an idea for a PATRIOTS MERCHANDISE GIFT thread but its fine here as well ;)

Assuming one granted request wouldn't negate another, I chose SB 43.

First off, that's a story just WAITING to become a movie. Everything from Tom going down, returning vets, and Matt's recent loss. Thinking of the story so far is chills-worthy. These guys have had a fantastic season against all-odds.

Secondly, it would REALLY piss off a lot of people, but they'd have to be begrudgingly amazed. It would also mean bad things for the Jets (which is never bad) and make us truly fierce next year when we have to put all the injured pieces back to go out and do what they meant to do this year.

The cherry on top would be to beat the Giants in the SB. That's a scary thought, but if this team could make it to Arizona, it would be hard to ignore the possibility.

Alright, back to reality. Let's just try and beat Oakland. ;)

How could anyone pick something other than winning the SB ? Getting Brady's knee healthy is merely a means to that end.

So - Winning the SB is #1. Duh. Second is Tommy's knee.

How could anyone pick something other than winning the SB ? Getting Brady's knee healthy is merely a means to that end.

So - Winning the SB is #1. Duh. Second is Tommy's knee.

Yes as would a great 2009 draft and the mangini thing is just a bi-product of them (if we are winning the Jets aren't and it will happen eventually)

When I saw the thread title, I thought... well this is going to be a stupid fricken poll, Super Bowl of course... then it turned out you had some good other options on there! I'm still going with Super Bowl this year.

Now if preserving Belichick's brain so that he could coach this team until the earth stands stilll... that might have been tempting.

I would ask Santa that the following players be on the JETS roster next year:

Laurence Maroney
"Gentle" Ben Watson
Deltha O'Neal

I would also ask Santa to have the Patriots rediscover playing tough, smashmouth defensive football instead of the "Bend and definitely Break" defense of the past couple seasons.

Where the "spend New Years Eve with wild & crazy Patriots cheerleaders" choice on this Santa's Patriots gift poll?

Tough choice....

SUPER BOWL and get all the drama from 2002.... bring back Matt Cassel and having a pro-bowl QB already on the roster equals drama.

Plus side:

- Seau and Moss gets their rings

- Pats prove it is a "team" sport and no one player is bigger than the team

- Shove it in the face of the media and the NY Brett's!

Negative:

- Ca-dy drama in the off season

- Less motivated Moss?!?!?

- Losing a lot of vets possibly who were on the fringe of retirement/graduation

I would wish for the Patriots to have, in perpetuity, by far the best scouting department in the league.

If I had to pick between any one of those, it would be Brady coming back healthy this season. But I would choose the Brady option, a Super Bowl this year, and a great draft bringing in great talent on the defense if there were multiple options allowed. :D

A time machine and a win in the previous superbowl.

It was actually kinda tough for me to choose between a Super Bowl victory and a great 2009 draft.

I wanna see a dominating defense the next 5 years!

How can you vote for anything other than a super bowl win? It's not like these things are mutually exclusive, even in this context. :confused:

BB was quoted after the Pats won SB36 as saying, "I can't believe we won with this team." He knew what that team did was outright amazing.

I would love to hear what he'd have to say if the Pats went on and won SB43 without Brady, Rodney, AD, Bruschi and others.

Regards,
Chris

A time machine and a win in the previous superbowl.

Thats what I was going to say only it was "a time machine to drug David Tyree before the Superbowl"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes