PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you could ask BB one question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of good questions above and, FWIW, I've "Liked" a few that I'd want to ask if I were there. Too many suggestions were about things he's already talked about for the record (e.g., 4th and 2, go for it rather than kick an fg in Phoenix, rules changes) or that he's just not going to answer (e.g., Goodell interview). A few, I think he's probably saving for his book...it will be the most anticipated NFL HC memoir of all time...

Belichick is a voracious reader. So, here's the question I would ask:

"David Halberstam's book about you was very insightful and a great read. The only other highly acclaimed journalist in recent decades to write a major book about a sports figure was Richard Ben Cramer (Joe DiMaggio: The Hero's Life). Both Halberstam and Cramer died at relatively young ages. Someone is going to 'tell the story' of the Belichick era in New England. Do you wish that Halberstam had lived to write a sequel to 'The Education of a Coach?' What are your most vivid recollections of working with Halberstam? With Halberstam and Cramer deceased, who would you want to write the story of your years with the Patriots?"

Why the **** didn't you kick the FG in the game that shall not be named? I still love you, but that haunts me.
which "game that shall not be named," the first sb in phoenix or the afccg last year? He still won't give an answer beyond what he's said already, but i'm just curious.

It's not so much a question (but it is), but I'd like to sit down with BB, and do a play-by-play review of Super Bowl 42 and have him explain to me their thinking as the atrocity unfolded.
"Tough loss. Really tough one. I think I've already answered about every question that can be answered about that game. Next question."

which "game that shall not be named," the first sb in phoenix or the afccg last year? He still won't give an answer beyond what he's said already, but i'm just curious.
the super bowl

We've done this event several times and you would be surprised how much he opens up to a small group with no media and no cameras.
I don't know whether you're in the media or not. And, BTW, it's kind of "not cool" to tease with this partial disclosure. you should either be up front about where and under what circumstances you are meeting with him or just not mention it at all, which would be fair enough. There are a lot of names or situations that a lot of us could "semi drop" out here and we don't.

But unless they are just talking with trusted friends or trusted family, guys like belichick don't say much that they don't want to see on the internet or have secretly recorded...they might be more expansive and relaxed, but they're still guarding their words.

[Edit: Paragraph one retracted given your answer to my prior question.]

Last edited:
If Bob Kraft asked you to tell him who he should be cultivating to be your successor, who would that be?
I'd bet the farm that:
a) He's already been asked
b) He's answered in the way that he wanted to answer
c) He'll deny a) and b) if that were the question.

Do you feel it's more important to find players whose skills for your system or find good players and adapt your system to them and would the answer be different with regard to the draft can free agency?

Oh wait - is the premise that BB has to answer the question?

Cause if so the question would be "What piece of information could I use to blackmail you into hiring me to work for the Patriots?"

I don't know whether you're in the media or not. And, BTW, it's kind of "not cool" to tease with this partial disclosure. you should either be up front about where and under what circumstances you are meeting with him or just not mention it at all, which would be fair enough. There are a lot of names or situations that a lot of us could "semi drop" out here and we don't.

But unless they are just talking with trusted friends or trusted family, guys like belichick don't say much that they don't want to see on the internet or have secretly recorded...they might be more expansive and relaxed, but they're still guarding their words.

[Edit: Paragraph one retracted given your answer to my prior question.]
My intent was not to tease. I just wanted this to be more about the question rather than the event itself.

No I am not part of the media.

And FYI I have posted my past experiences on here in other threads.

Belichick Dinner 2015!

Dinner with Bill Belichick

Dinner with the coach #2 - questions please

Last edited:
What did the Pats find in the predraft investigation of Hernandez? Did they know of his ongoing criminal associations? If so,did they decide to gamble on him, because of the talent?

About 40 no more than 60.
thanks. that's probably a setting in which he'll be comfortable and expansive in his answers, but he's definitely not going to say anything that he wouldn't be ready to see on the front page of the Glob or Horrald the next day.

Who is (was) better, Brady or Manning?

bill.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes