PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you can't get Kevin Williams, you'd better get Seali'i Epenesa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those poor preseason announcers.

Those poor preseason announcers.

don-criqui-120813.jpg

This is just the move the team needed to get over the hump. I don't think there's anything separating the Patriots from the Lombardi now.

I'd like to buy a vowel ...

I don't wanna understate things but I hear scouts say if Bruce Smith and Reggie White somehow had a baby that inherited the best traits of both their respective games and indeed improved upon them; this Epenesa kid would laugh at that player's incompetence as he completely one ups him in every aspect of football that exist or ever could exist.

However saying that I still think i am not giving this player his due.

Well, when you start over half the time at UCLA, that's gotta mean something.

He had a solid pro day –

Dates: 03/11/14
Height: 6014
Weight: 309
40 Yard Dash: 5.25
20 Yard Dash: 3.02
10 Yard Dash: 1.78
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 23
Vertical Jump: 29 1/2
Broad Jump: 08'03"
20 Yard Shuttle: 4.68
3-Cone Drill: 7.68

He had 46 tackles and 1 sack in 41 games at UCLA. Honestly he is probably only here because Wilfork, Kelly, Armstead, and Easley are all recovering from injuries and limited leaving just Jones, Vellano, and Fortson for mini camp.

Obviously just a guy at this point, but it makes me wonder if the nose tackle, or run stopping tackle (Wilfork) will be this type of player from now on. Silinga played well, but he's another UDFA.

Obviously just a guy at this point, but it makes me wonder if the nose tackle, or run stopping tackle (Wilfork) will be this type of player from now on. Silinga played well, but he's another UDFA.
Hey Ray, what do you mean by this?

Hey Ray, what do you mean by this?

Probably rotating less talented and cheaper run stopping tackles.

Recall when we were in 3-4 often and spent big for three first round, huge, talented linemen. Could be we're going for pass rushers outside and inside, with Easley and Chandler looking to be our chief investments. You have to save somewhere and maybe one dimensional run stoppers and scheming to go along with a pass rush and great secondary.

Could be wrong, but it seems a sea change from the old defense after Wilfork is possible.

Last edited:
Probably rotating less talented and cheaper run stopping tackles.

Recall when we were in 3-4 often and spent big for three first round, huge, talented linemen. Could be we're going for pass rushers outside and inside, with Easley and Chandler looking to be our chief investments. You have to save somewhere and maybe one dimensional run stoppers and scheming to go along with a pass rush and great secondary.

Could be wrong, but it seems a sea change from the old defense after Wilfork is possible.

Interesting analysis, RC. Thanks for this. It will be something to keep an eye on. You may be right.

"...looks like Sealver Siliga is rotating with LT Tuipuloto and Seali'i Epenesa..."

So we have a fearsome threesome of Somoans rotating in and out at DT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back