PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If ??? were healthy,we would have won more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Which players would have made the most difference if they were healthy in 2013?

Curiously, for me, Gronkowski and Dobson aren't even in the top 5.

Talib
Wilfork
Kelly
Mayo
Arrington

The offense was truly amazing. Obviously, they could have produced more with all the receivers and TE's healthy all year. But offense is not what we were missing.

Gronk.

/thread

Yeah, the offense was fine, that's why they scored 3 points until garbage time against the crappy Broncos defense. Seriously, Kyle Arrington is on your list above Gronkowski and Dobson? KYLE ARRINGTON?

The top two are Gronk and Talib, and then go from there.

Talib
Wilfork
Kelly
Mayo
Arrington

The offense was truly amazing. Obviously, they could have produced more with all the receivers and TE's healthy all year. But offense is not what we were missing.

To answer your question I believe it would be Gronkowski without question. That aside I honestly prefer the way the Patriots season ended rather than the way the Broncos ended their season with such a humiliating loss so I for me 2013-14 is nothing but a distant memory.

Mark Sanchez

dont know how much more we could have won...we went to the conf championship game and still, IM O, would have be rolled like the donkies in the Super Bowl. I have made peace with the season and am of the opinion that we would have not been any better in the super bowl because Seattle was firing on all cylinders.

Gronk is the greatest tight end of all time. He has to be on your list. Otherwise your list is a bad list.

I think the pats, not the broncos were the number 1 O in the nfl with gronk.

Talib
Wilfork
Kelly
Mayo
Arrington

You're kidding.

A healthy Jake Bequette and the Patriots win the Super Bowl.

the sexy choice is Gronk I think the team was scoring 10 more points a game with him in there but I am going to go with Tommy Kelly, with a better inside pass rush vs Peyton I don't think they put up over 500 yards of offense and keep Brady on the side line and there own pass rush fresh

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Vince Wilfork. I thought the defense went noticeably downhill without him in the lineup.

Brady. One day he'll get that shoulder healthy and then WATCH OUT!

Yup, I believe that the team would have had a much better chance playing the AFC Championship game if the defensive players were healthy. We played without Wilfork, Mayo and Kelly. Talib was injured (mugged) during the game. Arrington was playing with an injury that needed surgery.

Yes, we can focus on the offense and try to beat Indy as we did during the season.

So, you all disagree. You think that the difference in performance we needed was another 10 points from Gronk.

To beat top teams, we need a top 5 defense and a top defense. We had a top 5 offense, which can be improved when we have Gronk and Vereen for more games. We were a long way from being a top defense.

BTW, I am not say that Gronk is anything but our 2nd best player, and the best TE ever.

Gronkowski. It's not close. Other than a few QB's and maybe that one guy who has an out-of-his-mind year (JJ Watt last year), there isn't a bigger difference maker in the league. He is un-coverable. The defense gets better when he steps onto the field because the chains move more often and the scoreboard lights up.

Second would be Talib, but only because AGAINST the Donkeys, he was more important than the run Defense.

Third, I'll go with Tommy Kelly because of the inside pressure against Peyton (we're really talking about the Donkey's game here, so it's strictly a match-up thing).

Then Vince.

Then Danny Amendola.

Gronk was the biggest factor IMO.

Gronkowski's physical health + Hernandez's psychological health = Super Bowl berth.

You spelled Tony Gonzalez wrong.

Based on career achievement, yes. But, there is no question that Gronk is the better player when healthy. Roughly equal pass-catching ability, but Gronk has a significant edge in RAC and blocking.

How do you all think we would have done this year if Gronk were healthy for all our games, and Talib didn't play any of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots