Welcome to PatsFans.com

If Weis and Haley can't coexist, Neither can Haley+McDaniels

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by BradyBranch39, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradyBranch39

BradyBranch39 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

2. robertweathers

robertweathers Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +336 / 15 / -5

This would be Haley's 2nd OC in 2 years. I do give him some credit for KC's turn-around, but I lend more credit to SP, CW and RAC.

With that said, CW's daughter has special needs so that may be a factor in his decision to find an easier workload with less hours. He already has a ton of money in the bank so as long as he hasn't spent it all or has a mountain of care-related expenses, he's in fine financial shape.

As far as JMcD going to KC, who knows. From what little I know of Haley, he is a firey character. Same with JMcD. Not sure those two could coexist, but SP calls the shots.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  3. convertedpatsfan

convertedpatsfan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +308 / 1 / -2

#12 Jersey

I find it hard to believe Josh would want to go work for Haley after the bad blood earlier in the year re: blow-outs and non-handshakes and whatnot.

4. robertweathers

Ratings:
    +336 / 15 / -5

I forgot about that. It's another case of financials. Josh has a young family. He needs to put food on the table and keep his resume going. Not sure what the settlement was in Denver but my assumption is that he'll get some if not all of his remaining deal. He may need to swallow his pride and go work in KC and get along with Haley. I would assume that he'd get some political cover from Piloi but who knows.

5. Triumph

Triumph Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +413 / 58 / -29

#32 Jersey

During the Chiefs training camp Haley was breathing down Weiss neck and asked him about somethig that Weis was supposed to cover that day. Weis responded "Yes, Todd, thats already been taken care of " in a sarcastic manner.

It really gave one the impression that Wies did not like Haley. Weis does not need a baby sitter like Haley.

6. NEPats1

NEPats1 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Chat: Chat with Adam Schefter - SportsNation - ESPN

7. convertedpatsfan

convertedpatsfan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +308 / 1 / -2

#12 Jersey

Josh may have to bite his tongue, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind working with Cassell again. Still, I think he'll probably get a better offer somewhere else.

Haley also got rid of Chan Gailey in the pre-season last year, and one of the major contentions was Gailey's desire to move back to the spread offense, something Josh would also probably like to do. Not sure Haley would be thrilled with that.

Meanwhile, I don't really feel good about Haley right now, even after winning a division title. He seemed to lose the team at times last season, and appeared to be on the hot seat for a bit. His struggles were justification for Pioli to bring in two head coach-caliber assistants. And fair or not, Weiss and RAC seem to be getting the majority of the credit for the turnaround this season. If he's seen as driving Weiss away, that might cause some problems.

I'm not suggesting he'll be fired, but it could cause enough friction that he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt the next time the team struggles.

8. robertweathers

Ratings:
    +336 / 15 / -5

Thats good info, convertedpatsfan. Didn't know Haley was on the "hot seat" but knew that he rubbed coaches and players the wrong way with his ultra-intense, domineering demeanor.

I've always felt Weis would be a decent NFL coach. He had the opportunity after the 02 or 03 season to interview in BUF but out of respect for BB and Kraft, turned them down. I think college is too ra-ra and the HC needs to be a salesman and thats not CW.

9. robertweathers

Ratings:
    +336 / 15 / -5

10. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +701 / 0 / -3

Haley "unaware" if Weis is a candidate at Florida | Red Zone | Kansas City Star
    Although in Haley's defense, regardless of whether or not he knows what Weis is doing I don't know how else he could answer that question.

11. Pessimistic Pete

Pessimistic Pete Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +89 / 8 / -19

Well seeing as their playoff run will be one game, shouldn't really be a big deal.

Also shouldn't the topic title be Charlie Weis unlikely to return to KC next season with If Weis and Haley can't coexist, Neither can Haley+McDaniels being the content inside? Would make things less confusing to those just clicking.

12. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +372 / 34 / -24

#12 Jersey

KC's success is because of OUR former coordinators....

13. R_T26

R_T26 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Im pretty sure Weiss did interview with Buffallo, but didnt get the job. Or maybe they didnt want to wait till after the playoffs.

14. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

How dumb are mediots that they keep claiming that Haley hired or persued Charlie and RAC...LOL The power rests with Pioli. He took Haley on because his first and second choices (Josh and his buddy Kirk Ferentz of Iowa who didn't want to leave college yet) weren't available and Haley had SOME exposure to the system albeit briefly during his time with Tuna in NY. Haley is a loose cannon with a huge ego who is apparently so egotistical he's gonna shoot himself in the foot. The sad thing is most of the comments I've read lately on KC message boards indicates the sheep think he's their savior and should be COTY while they are only grudgingly acknowledging they have a Pro Bowl caliber QB and outstanding coordinators and and system that works because of the GM hired two years ago they also quickly got disenchanted with when the turnaround wasn't instant...

15. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +406 / 36 / -16

Why is all the discussion only of Chrlie Weiss leaving? It was no secret that Patriots West leader Scott Pioli purposely decided to keep Todd Haley but only if he could surround the less impressive Haley with good Coordinators.

Why not just dump Haley? He proved himself a boor at the Bronco non handshake fiasco...

16. Patriotic Fervor

Patriotic Fervor Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Maybe Pioli should just dump Haley and hire McDaniels, eh?

17. bruce_w

bruce_w On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would like to see Weis or McDaniels or both come back at any position (recievers, running backs, tight ends whatever). Don't think they would do it? When Bill B got fired in Cleveland he went back with Parcells as the DB coach under Al Groh. Smart move by Bill. Why waste you time arguing with some clueless turd just to build a resume?

18. robertweathers

Ratings:
    +336 / 15 / -5

There is no way Haley is going anywhere.

19. robertweathers

Ratings:
    +336 / 15 / -5

BB came in as the assistant HC/secondary coach and did not report to Al Groh.

20. bruce_w

bruce_w On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes he was assistant HC - But as the coach of DB's he did report to the the DC, Al Groh.

oh yeah every time I see your name I remember the 4th and 1. Do you remember?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.