PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If we had punted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
and lost...who would we be blaming today ?
Our offense for scoring just 10 pts in the 2nd half and letting numerous chances slip away ?
Defense for caving in the last 5 mins
or the coaches for play calling as usual ?
If anything , BB's call had made him take the heat and precisely for this reason most coaches punt so they are not to blame and not because its the world's smartest thing to do.
As someone else pointed out.if brady threw an INT in 2001 SB with no timeouts andstarting from the shadows of our own EZ BB wouldve been crucified then. he made the same bold calls then before he won 3 SBS and now too.
I personally wouldve liked to see him punt but over the day i think i can live with his decision esp it was a regular season game.

Re: If we had punted ..

Can we just move on?

I'd still say offense. Getting one measley first down against a depleted secondary is alot more doable than stopping Manning in 2+ minutes.

Personally, I'd blame you for starting another one of these threads.

Both. From Brady's ill advised INT, to Maroney's fumble, to settling for early field goals and the defense giving up 28 points before the 4th down call. It should've never gotten to that 4th and 2.

Last edited:

It would be along the same lines of the current commentary, with more emphasis on the Maroney and Brady turnovers as well as the epic capitulation by the defense, the apparent change in defensive scheming and the offense's inability to convert when the game is on the line against quality opposition.

Last edited:

I'd be blaming my new Pats hat. That thing has been so ******* unlucky it's ridiculous.

I'd be blaming my new Pats hat. That thing has been so ******* unlucky it's ridiculous.

Well I had been holding this little green ball the whole game, and then my son took it from me and hid it right before the PI call. Not kidding. Didn't hold it the rest of the game.

Well I had been holding this little green ball the whole game, and then my son took it from me and hid it right before the PI call. Not kidding. Didn't hold it the rest of the game.
I hope you disciplined your son appropriately ;)

Lost in all of this was Hanson had punts of 51 and 55 yards.

Then he proceeded to have punts of 33 and 37 yards.

What is up with that ???

Our offense for scoring just 10 pts in the 2nd half and letting numerous chances slip away ?
If anything , BB's call had made him take the heat and precisely for this reason most coaches punt so they are not to blame and not because its the world's smartest thing to do.
As someone else pointed out.if brady threw an INT in 2001 SB with no timeouts andstarting from the shadows of our own EZ BB wouldve been crucified then. he made the same bold calls then before he won 3 SBS and now too.
I personally wouldve liked to see him punt but over the day i think i can live with his decision esp it was a regular season game.

BB took what could have been 1000 threads blasting the defense into the media blasting him....

man can take the heat, he knows the ones that count are behing him

BB took what could have been 1000 threads blasting the defense into the media blasting him....

man can take the heat, he knows the ones that count are behing him

That's what I worship about him. He doesn't waver. Like him or hate on him, he is never affected by popular sentiments or opinions.

If the Pats punted and the Colts still won all we'd be hearing about today is how totally awesome Peyton is. While I'm certainly PO'd about the outcome I can't help but snicker inside that their signature win of the season has become all about what the opposing coach did to lose the game rather than what the Colts did to win it. And there's even an outside chance the NFL and MP will acknowledge the bad spot further tainting the win.

the yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye