PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If we had a decent punter

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeShmoe

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
And not the abberartion that is Hanson, do we punt on 4th and 2 and back them up in their own 20-30?

I keep thinking that BB thought Hansons only going to get it to their 45 so whats the point?

hmmmmm

maybe they should have faked a punt.

nobody would have seen it coming.

I don't think so. Hanson was kicking pretty well in the game.

Right or wrong, I think it just came down to BB thinking gaining two yards was easier than stopping Manning from getting 70.

Hanson had 4 punts for an avg. of 44.0, with a long ot 55... not bad. There was 0 punt return yards... for a net of 44.0 which is outstanding...

Hanson's got a pretty good leg, and he was kicking really well as DarrylS already pointed out. If there's one legit criticism, it's that he hasn't dropped many inside the 20. But that doesn't mean he's the worst punter in the league like a lot of haters think.

If we had a guy like Mike Scifres, maybe that changes the equation. But Hanson wouldn't be a factor in the decision to go for it.

I don't think it had anything to do with it.

We like to make things more complicated than they really are. Anyone who watched the game was thinking with 2:30 left that if the Colts get the ball back they were going to win. BB felt the same way and unlike most coaches who would have punted and lost simply to avoid public criticism, he went with what he thought was the only way to win the game.

And not the abberartion that is Hanson, do we punt on 4th and 2 and back them up in their own 20-30?

I keep thinking that BB thought Hansons only going to get it to their 45 so whats the point?

don't know which game you were watching, but Hanson was kicking really well on Sunday night. i think his average was over 40 yards and the coverage was good all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes